• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Intruder shot by off-duty St. Louis County officer after online argument about BLM

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Intruder shot by off-duty St. Louis County officer after online argument about Black Lives Matter, family says | Law and order | stltoday.com

LAKESHIRE •[FONT=&quot] An off-duty St. Louis County police officer shot and killed a man who tried to enter his home in Lakeshire in South County on Saturday afternoon, according to police.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The intruder was a 20-year-old man known to the family who had recently made threats toward the family and “uninvolved members of the community” on Facebook, police said Saturday night.[/FONT]

This **** is getting way out of hand.

Re: Intruder shot by off-duty St. Louis County officer after online argument about BL

The way I see this is that the guy was just being friendly. He brought the cop a plant and and offered to help redecorate but the cop outright murdered him.

Re: Intruder shot by off-duty St. Louis County officer after online argument about BL

You gotta be careful who you're talking to online. The BLM terrorist ranks are steadily growing.

What are you to do when someone tries to enter your home against your wishes after making threats towards you and your family? :roll:

Lock yourself in another room and call the police. After all this young man was a great kid who was off his meds, did he have to DIE for that?

The way I see this is that the guy was just being friendly. He brought the cop a plant and and offered to help redecorate but the cop outright murdered him.

"brought the cop a plant" is that a euphemism for pushing up daisies?

Lock yourself in another room and call the police. After all this young man was a great kid who was off his meds, did he have to DIE for that?

You must have some very impressive internal doors and walls at your house. The typical internal door in a house isn't that sturdy if someone wants to come in.

Seems cut and dry, the intruder threatened the family, threw a planter through the window and entered the house.

Call the police? He WAS the police.

You threaten me or my family, bring an internet fight to my property, break a window, enter the house, yes, you have to DIE.

Call the police? He WAS the police.

Did he attempt to arrest him?

Good thing he had a gun to protect his home.

You must have some very impressive internal doors and walls at your house. The typical internal door in a house isn't that sturdy if someone wants to come in.

It was sarcasm, sorry.

Why should he? Guy was a dip**** on facebook, violently attempted entry into home. Ignored gun, got dead. Darwinian self removal from gene pool.

Relative of suspect says he was suffering from mental health issues. Says so right there in the article.

Well maybe they should have taken better care of him.

Why should he? Guy was a dip**** on facebook, violently attempted entry into home. Ignored gun, got dead. Darwinian self removal from gene pool.

I don't have a problem with shooting a home intruder. But the guy was a cop. Isn't it his job to apprehend such people if possible?

I don't have a problem with shooting a home intruder. But the guy was a cop. Isn't it his job to apprehend such people if possible?

When the intruder ignored his orders, the intruder gave up the right to be arrested.

The police would have shot him as well.

I love how all the detractors in this thread think they have everything figured out on how they will handle someone breaking into their home.

Should have called police, checked if the guy was on his meds, maybe make him a sandwich and poor him a glass of milk so he can feel well fed when he kills you.

I want to know what the cop posted on facebook that sent the guy over the edge.

The police would have shot him as well.

I love how all the detractors in this thread think they have everything figured out on how they will handle someone breaking into their home.

Should have called police, checked if the guy was on his meds, maybe make him a sandwich and poor him a glass of milk so he can feel well fed when he kills you.

I can't remember if it is meth heads or alligators...but rub their belly right?

If he was off duty, I wouldn't imagine he wore his police gear around the house. So, He would have been ill equipped to make an arrest. Without a radio attached-to-his-hip he couldn't call for backup and he would have been outside of the support "bubble" of the police department. Trying to make a courteous citizen's arrest on an aggravated home invader seems like a risky move .

Last edited:

I'll bet your family would be shock to hear your plan . :shock:

I'll bet your family would be shock to hear your plan . :shock:

Considering I have a "Intruders beware of LEAD POISONING" signs in my windows? Yes.

Alos that was an attempt at sarcasm :p

Considering I have a "Intruders beware of LEAD POISONING" signs in my windows? Yes.

Alos that was an attempt at sarcasm :p

Thank God ! :applaud

Back
Top Bottom