• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Introduction

UniqueMe199780

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Good Evening to y'all! I am a Democrat of the Liberal Conservative (Hobbes and Burke) persuasion. Honestly, I've had it with the "progressive" wing of the party.
I am a non-theistic, agnostic Christian, meaning that I take Jesus' ethical and moral philosophy seriously while rejecting the "prophetic" words and teachings. As an agnostic, I have suspended any judgement relating to God and the hereafter. However, considering the current evidence, I cannot ignore the possibility of a God, which would likely resemble the deistic view of God.

Welcome to DP!

Good Evening to y'all! I am a Democrat of the Liberal Conservative (Hobbes and Burke) persuasion. Honestly, I've had it with the "progressive" wing of the party.
I am a non-theistic, agnostic Christian, meaning that I take Jesus' ethical and moral philosophy seriously while rejecting the "prophetic" words and teachings. As an agnostic, I have suspended any judgement relating to God and the hereafter. However, considering the current evidence, I cannot ignore the possibility of a God, which would likely resemble the deistic view of God.

Fascinating philosophy! Welcome!

You sound like a classic agnostic to me -- just hedging your bets. Smart man/woman.

Scientists tend to be agnostic because their training has taught/brainwashed them to rely on Empirical data before formulating hypotheses and inferring conclusions, theories, laws etc. according to the pure scientific inductive method of logic.

Be careful so that your training does not interfere with your personal philosophy.

Religion is revelatory, so if you are not comfortable with revelation or spiritual metaphysical experiences, then other than hedging your bets, I can see why religion does not do anything for you.

Everybody these days is a little bit Empirical scientist, and a little bit philosopher, and most though not all people are religious -- whether they are hedging their bets or not.

It has been interesting to read your thoughts. Thank you.

BTW nobody says "y'all" in Massachusetts they say "pahk da cah in Bahstahn Yahd."

So where did you learn "y'all" from ?? Surely not in Boston.

:)

Back
Top Bottom