• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Introducing Elizabeth Warren as a next Supreme Court Justice National Law Journal has named Warren one of the Fifty Most Influential Women Attorneys

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The National Law Journal has repeatedly named Warren one of the Fifty Most Influential Women Attorneys in America, and in 2010 named her one of the 40 most influential attorneys of the decade.
Spouse(s): Jim Warren (m. 1968; div. 1978...

Elizabeth Warren - Wikipedia​

The National Law Journal has repeatedly named Warren one of the Fifty Most Influential Women Attorneys in America, and in 2010 named her one of the 40 most influential attorneys of the decade.

Elizabeth Warren - Wikipedia

her area of expertise is not one that is particularly useful for a USSC Justice. There are far better qualified liberal ladies as well-such as Stanford's brilliant Pam Karlan (who is female and a lesbian BTW)

Elizabeth Warren - Wikipedia​

I don't hate it!

Women attorneys…what’s that?
Would she be the first Native American to serve on the Supreme Court?

There are three hands. On one, she would be great. On the second, she is so linked to politics, there's an issue with the idea of her as a non-political Justice. On the third, Republicans put their *frickin nominee for the presidency* on the Supreme Court where he blocked FDR's agenda, so that ship has sailed.

She's far too political, lacking in Bench experience.

She's far too political, lacking in Bench experience.
Don’t forget, Kagan had zero bench experience before her appointment.

* Not an endorsement of Warren for SCOTUS Justice.

I like her views on bankruptcy law. But I doubt many of those cases will be finding their way before her if she received the nomination.

her area of expertise is not one that is particularly useful for a USSC Justice. There are far better qualified liberal ladies as well-such as Stanford's brilliant Pam Karlan (who is female and a lesbian BTW)
I sort of like the idea of broadening that idea of what is or is not 'particularly useful as a field of expertise on the Court. Not a bad thing if one has more tax law experience, another has maritime or military law experience, another was a lifelong public defender, and another hung around divorce and family law courts for a decade or so before going into appelate work.

I tend to wonder a little more if Warren has that judicial temperament or not, can she 'play well with others' on the court etc.

Fauxchahontas a Supreme Court Justice?

Supreme Court of what, the "Southy" tribes?

Good grief - the gall of anyone presuming EW would be a good SCJ is appalling.

Spouse(s): Jim Warren (m. 1968; div. 1978..

Being a prosecutor, a law professor and an author do not make a supreme court justice IMO. She has way too little bench experience in landmark cases.

She's 72 years old. Ideally, I'd like to have a Justice who will be capable of serving 30 or so years.

I like Goodwin Liu on the California Supreme Court.
I was about to say. It would be a waste to nominate her. I can't believe anyone would give her serious consideration.

I would prefer someone younger

how many right wing choices have been the perfect choice .....? I think she could set aside politics in the best interest of that position and America.

Elizabeth Warren has knowledge galore that could be applied as necessary ,,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom