• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Interview with Black Intern on Zimmerman's Team

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Some of you might have noticed her sitting behind the lead lawyers on Zimmerman's side. She volunteered to help with the case.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/07/12/erin-mattingly-dnt-zimmermans-legal-intern.cnn.html[/video]

She's a third year law student getting to work on one of the biggest cases the country has ever seen. There's nothing to hate on in that.

She's a third year law student getting to work on one of the biggest cases the country has ever seen. There's nothing to hate on in that.

Who is hating?

Some of you might have noticed her sitting behind the lead lawyers on Zimmerman's side. She volunteered to help with the case.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/07/12/erin-mattingly-dnt-zimmermans-legal-intern.cnn.html[/video]

Here's what I know. If the defendant was black, there'd be no tweets asking why a white intern was working on the case. The media and black so-called spokespeople have done a bang-up job of making this into a racial issue. And it clearly shows me who the racists are.

Here's what I know. If the defendant was black, there'd be no tweets asking why a white intern was working on the case. The media and black so-called spokespeople have done a bang-up job of making this into a racial issue. And it clearly shows me who the racists are.
Who are the racists?

Blacks who are tweeting that she doesn't belong there.
Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inferior to another, particularly when that inferiority is seen as innate. Please explain how blacks tweeting that she doesn't belong there are claiming that one race is inferior to another.

You needed this case to show you that?

Blacks who are tweeting that she doesn't belong there.

And people who consistently ignore all the facts and evidence of the case and completely ignore their common sense because they want Zimmerman punished no matter what.

And people who consistently ignore all the facts and evidence of the case and completely ignore their common sense because they want Zimmerman punished no matter what.
Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inferior to another, particularly when that inferiority is seen as innate. Please explain how "ignoring all the facts and evidence of the case and completely ignoring their common sense" is akin to claiming that one race is inferior to another.

Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inferior to another, particularly when that inferiority is seen as innate. Please explain how blacks tweeting that she doesn't belong there are claiming that one race is inferior to another.

Racism is also hatred for another race.
Racism can also include thinking people of a certain race are always out to get you.
Racism can also be seen as thinking people of your race are always right and people of another race are always wrong.
Racism can also be seen as thinking you are owed something because you are of a certain race.

Obviously an Aunt Tammy...

Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inferior to another, particularly when that inferiority is seen as innate. Please explain how "ignoring all the facts and evidence of the case and completely ignoring their common sense" is akin to claiming that one race is inferior to another.

That's one definition. A more fitting one in today's world is: It's us against them based on skin color.

Honestly, TPD, if you cannot bring yourself to admit that these people are racists, then there is just no talking to you. I'm not going to argue with someone who has their head in the sand.

Racism is also hatred for another race.
Racism can also include thinking people of a certain race are always out to get you.
Racism can also be seen as thinking people of your race are always right and people of another race are always wrong.
Racism can also be seen as thinking you are owed something because you are of a certain race.
No, racism is a word that has a meaning. Racism isn't just anything involving race that you don't like. There are other words and phrases like prejudice, racial insensitivity and racial ignorance among others to cover those things. In sum, what you said did not indicate racism. Instead of being so intellectually lazy and using racism as a "catchall" term for anything you don't like that involves race, do a little critical thinking and try to find the appropriate word or phrase that describes what you see.

Honestly, TPD, if you cannot bring yourself to admit that these people are racists, then there is just no talking to you. I'm not going to argue with someone who has their head in the sand.
You just told me that if I don't agree with your opinion, you're not going to talk to me. That's pretty funny.

That's one definition. A more fitting one in today's world is: It's us against them based on skin color.

Yes, a racist is someone who continues to create division between races simply because of skin color. They judge based on skin color. They determine guilt or innocence based on skin color.

No, racism is a word that has a meaning. The meaning doesn't change when you realize that the word doesn't actually describe what you think it does.

In summary, Josie and MaggieD called people racists, but since those people are not racists according to the actual definition of racism, Josie and MaggieD invented new definitions for racism so that they could still be right instead of admitting their error. And people wonder why the Zimmerman/Martin forum gets a reputation.

No, racism is a word that has a meaning. The meaning doesn't change when you realize that the word doesn't actually describe what you think it does.

Fine. They're biased, intolerant, narrow-minded, opinionated, partial, prejudiced, small-minded, and/or bigoted. Take your pick.

In summary, Josie and MaggieD called people racists, but since those people are not racists according to the actual definition of racism, Josie and MaggieD invented new definitions for racism so that they could still be right instead of admitting their error. And people wonder why the Zimmerman/Martin forum gets a reputation.

And thank you for clearing that up, Merriam Webster.

Last edited:
Fine. They're biased, intolerant, narrow-minded, opinionated, partial, prejudiced, small-minded, and/or bigoted. Take your pick.
Are we still describing black people on Twitter or have we moved on to you now?

Back
Top Bottom