• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

International volunteers in Ukraine being kept from leaving?

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This video is on Twitter, the guy in it purports to be a member of the international volunteers who went to Ukraine

Basically the point of the video is people are being sent to the front with inadequate equipment, foreigners are dying left and right, and it may be very difficult to leave Ukraine, Ukes are “cutting up passports” of international deserters to keep them from leaving.

Now I cannot confirm this, I don’t know who this man is, but all of those is consistent with the treatment of the poor fools who were lied to by communist Spain to fight the great General Franco. Do not go fight in Ukraine, the narrative that Russia is losing is a lie, and even if you’re a combat veteran of recent GAE wars, remember that you won’t have any of the tech and support you had in Af-Crap-istan and you’re not fighting teenaged goat herders with AKs and Lee Enfields. You’re fighting a modern military with combined arms. The Ukes don’t have equipment for you, and at the very least getting out when you realize you’ve been lied to will be hard, assuming you can get out alive and Azov doesn’t cap you in the back of the head for desertion.

In addition, you may not be treated as normal combatants by Russian forces, although given the state of Ukraine, if you’re being impressed by Ukranians to stay surrendering to Russian patrols may be the best bet you have.

No doubt our brave military men and women who have actually put their lives on the line will jump at your advice, seeing as you have ZERO personal experience in matters of combat, and fight your wars from behind the safety of a keyboard. :rolleyes:

Almost every thread this guy starts about the invasion shits on the Ukraine while they're in their impossible situation.

Never forget.
It’s “Ukraine” without “the” just like a city called “Kiev” for time immemorial is now “Kyiv”

We don’t want to offend their particular preferred dialect.

And besides, Ukraine in fact is in a bad position. I am deeply ashamed of my county’s intelligence services for overthrowing their president in a coup and kicking off the civil war just to enrich arms makers. It didn’t have to be this way.

You might want to get your news from a different twitter account.

The viral nature of social media means you never now how messages spread. Besides I qualified by saying it may not be authentic, but it is similar to similar historical analogs

It’s “Ukraine” without “the” just like a city called “Kiev” for time immemorial is now “Kyiv”

And besides, Ukraine in fact is in a bad position. I am deeply ashamed of my county’s intelligence services for overthrowing their president in a coup and kicking off the civil war just to enrich arms makers. It didn’t have to be this way.

Guess which one of my countrymen that I am deeply ashamed of? Got a mirror?

Highly doubtful you are in any manner qualified to ridicule U.S. "intelligence."

Highly doubtful you are in any manner qualified to ridicule U.S. "intelligence."
Oh it’s not ridicule, the way the screwed over Ukraine was very genius, and what’s even better? The Ukranians get to pay for it.

we all see what you're trying to do.

Show how Ukraine is now abusing foreigners to desperately prolong an un winnable conflict?
everyone here knows who has been on Russia's side from the beginning (as Putin murders humans). it's not like you're fooling anyone.

you're a Tucker sound-alike.

Oh it’s not ridicule, the way the screwed over Ukraine was very genius, and what’s even better? The Ukranians get to pay for it.
um-hmm...You're "ashamed", but it's not "ridicule." Thanks for validating my extremely astute point you are in no manner adequately qualified to assess U.S. "Intelligence."

Anyone who listens to EMNofSeattle needs a lobotomy shortly thereafter.

Pro-tip: don't fly to a foreign country defending itself against a war of aggression and swear an oath of loyalty to them, then try to desert.

Not that I believe anything OP's creator ever says, except to the extent that he thinks saying it makes him look edgy....

You might want to get your news from a different twitter account.

Fitting. Actually, that might be a little too erudite for this thread.

This video is on Twitter, the guy in it purports to be a member of the international volunteers who went to Ukraine

Basically the point of the video is people are being sent to the front with inadequate equipment, foreigners are dying left and right, and it may be very difficult to leave Ukraine, Ukes are “cutting up passports” of international deserters to keep them from leaving.

Now I cannot confirm this, I don’t know who this man is, but all of those is consistent with the treatment of the poor fools who were lied to by communist Spain to fight the great General Franco. Do not go fight in Ukraine, the narrative that Russia is losing is a lie, and even if you’re a combat veteran of recent GAE wars, remember that you won’t have any of the tech and support you had in Af-Crap-istan and you’re not fighting teenaged goat herders with AKs and Lee Enfields. You’re fighting a modern military with combined arms. The Ukes don’t have equipment for you, and at the very least getting out when you realize you’ve been lied to will be hard, assuming you can get out alive and Azov doesn’t cap you in the back of the head for desertion.

In addition, you may not be treated as normal combatants by Russian forces, although given the state of Ukraine, if you’re being impressed by Ukranians to stay surrendering to Russian patrols may be the best bet you have.

Well if you were brave (or foolish) enough to go it's really your fault isn't it. Why anyone would volunteer to join a warzone without their own military equipment is beyond me.

That's exactly what EMNofSeattle is pushing.
You think it’s inconceivable Ukraine would try to stop their international enlistees from leaving?

Looks like Russian propaganda to me.

You think it’s inconceivable Ukraine would try to stop their international enlistees from leaving?

Yes. If they ever did do something like that, no more volunteers would come.

The military world has its connections.

Yes. If they ever did do something like that, no more volunteers would come.

The military world has its connections.
On the other hand, Ukranians would see (justifiably I might add) foreign war tourists come over, take an oath, then desert once they realize this is a war beyond what they thought it would be while they have to stay.

On the other hand, Ukranians would see (justifiably I might add) foreign war tourists come over, take an oath, then desert once they realize this is a war beyond what they thought it would be while they have to stay.

Take an oath? You can't be serious.

They volunteer and provide the UA with their areas of expertise. Either they go ahead and saddle up, or they go home/elsewhere.

These aren't young McDonalds fry cooks going to Ukraine lol.

What oath?

Back
Top Bottom