• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

International trade idea

21stcenturyrights

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
For years i've had a concept that I think would encourage development around the world and protect jobs at home in america

It would reduce pollution around the world and I believe possibly reduce the drivers behind terrorism

It's not complicated it's just going to be distasteful

For those who currently operate manufacturing overseas for the purpose of importing to america

That will still totally be allowed one hundred percent we're never gonna stop that

The system is quite simple and every country would have the right to create their own version to protect themselves

One of the reasons terrorism is exploding.

It's because the west and primarily america is exporting pollution

We are moving our factories to countries with basically little or no environmental laws no. Labor protections no safety protections little or none of any of that.

Raw materials are used they're wasted pollution whatever that's why production is cheaper

The old added of kids sewing soccer balls with their teeth

What if the market countries

Said you know what if you want your products to land on these shores even if you're a u s company building overseas

You must pay a living wage to all of your people based on their country. You must have safe factories you must not pollute. You must do a reasonable version of that which is required in america

If you don't want to do that that is fine. We will not force you your products just can't come here

You can produce in the dirty ways cheaply for other markets that don't have this rule.

But if you want access to the largest markets in the world you're going to do this

I have a taxation conversation to have about overseas profits but

The only last part of this is of course the transportation vehicles. The ships they can't be those super polluting waste oil burners. They also have to be reasonably efficient reasonably built reasonably safe and their crews have to be treated reasonably

Suddenly manufacturing overseas becomes a lot less discounted it's still cheaper but it's less cheap

No developed nations at least have a shot

For years i've had a concept that I think would encourage development around the world and protect jobs at home in america

It would reduce pollution around the world and I believe possibly reduce the drivers behind terrorism

For those who currently operate manufacturing overseas for the purpose of importing to america

That will still totally be allowed one hundred percent we're never gonna stop that

The system is quite simple and every country would have the right to create their own version to protect themselves

We are moving our factories to countries with basically little or no environmental laws no. Labor protections no safety protections little or none of any of that.

Raw materials are used they're wasted pollution whatever that's why production is cheaper

Said you know what if you want your products to land on these shores even if you're a u s company building overseas

You must pay a living wage to all of your people based on their country. You must have safe factories you must not pollute. You must do a reasonable version of that which is required in america

If you don't want to do that that is fine. We will not force you your products just can't come here

You can produce in the dirty ways cheaply for other markets that don't have this rule.

But if you want access to the largest markets in the world you're going to do this

The only last part of this is of course the transportation vehicles. The ships they can't be those super polluting waste oil burners. They also have to be reasonably efficient reasonably built reasonably safe and their crews have to be treated reasonably

Suddenly manufacturing overseas becomes a lot less discounted it's still cheaper but it's less cheap

Plus we wouldn't have to overthrow their governments and install dictators to get their raw materials and cheap labor.

You must pay a living wage to all of your people based on their country
. You must have safe factories you must not pollute. You must do a reasonable version of that which is required in america
First, I fixed your line spacing problem - halving the total length of your OP.
Second, America is capitalized.
Third, how exactly does America - or any country for that matter "export pollution?"
Fourth, your message "seems" to be - don't pollute, because that spreads terrorism, and - be reasonable.
Otherwise, it's a mess of rambling thoughts that aren't even separated logically - all of which makes the entire OP thoroughly incoherent.

Third, how exactly does America - or any country for that matter "export pollution?"
Fourth, your message "seems" to be - don't pollute, because that spreads terrorism, and - be reasonable.
Otherwise, it's a mess of rambling thoughts that aren't even separated logically - all of which makes the entire OP thoroughly incoherent.
It would reduce pollution around the world and I believe possibly reduce the drivers behind terrorism (extreme poverty, western nations taking advantage of corrupt goverments and hiring workers for "slave conditions" to save money, etc)

It's not complicated it's just going to be distasteful to some - especially -
For those who currently operate manufacturing overseas for the purpose of importing to the West

One of the reasons terrorism is exploding. It's because the west (and primarily america )is exporting pollution, poor labor conditions, and dangerous manufacturing to save money, avoid OSHA and other regulations

For those of us of older age - remember The old added of kids sewing soccer balls with their teeth? that isn't fake.

What if the market countries - the consumer nations like USA Said :
Developing nations and the companies using you for cheap manufacturing (China included):
if you want your products to land on these shores - even if you're a u s company building overseas
You must pay a living wage to all of your people based on their country.
You must have safe factories you must not pollute.
You must do a reasonable version of that which is required in america - adjusted for your local community. but minimum standards of safety and worker protections and community/environmental protections must remain.

If you don't want to do that that is fine. We will not force you

your products just can't come here

what would that do? simple
1. the manufacturing nations would be safer, their people happier and better paid, and no Bhopal chemical spill (or fewer)
2. manufacturing in the consumer nations would be LESS overpriced by comparison. especially as overseas profits are properly taxed
3. "the great western satan" won't look as bad, since we won't be exploiting those nations and their people/communities (as badly) therefore the terrorists have LESS of a logical argument for conversions

Now developed nations at least have a shot

Very true I should probably not have done this by voice to text I'll fix it later

How are we export Pollution?

Simple in order to have a factory in america it has to follow certain standard laws

Environmental, social.

You know import standards is not a new thing. The US has them, but they are not that strict and hard to enforce. The EU has stricter import standards, but they are also not strict enough, and really hard to enforce.

You know import standards is not a new thing. The US has them, but they are not that strict and hard to enforce. The EU has stricter import standards, but they are also not strict enough, and really hard to enforce.
I'm aware import standards are not a new thing, however

I think the difficulty enforcing these would be far away by the value

And I think the host country for the factory would also support them

But if a nation wants to fight verification that's fine their products can stay on their shores

If applied correctly we have less pollution in the host country

Is less danger to their citizens

Better pay and conditions for their citizens

Less reason for their people to be so easily radicalized.

I'm aware import standards are not a new thing, however

I think the difficulty enforcing these would be far away by the value

And I think the host country for the factory would also support them

But if a nation wants to fight verification that's fine their products can stay on their shores

If applied correctly we have less pollution in the host country

Is less danger to their citizens

Better pay and conditions for their citizens

Less reason for their people to be so easily radicalized.
The problem is the system work in a way that the importer provides paperwork that states all import standards are met. If the paperwork is lying they usually won't be found out for years.

Look up the Triffin dilemma.

Back
Top Bottom