• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

International trade halted at Texas border crossings as truckers protest Greg Abbott’s new inspections

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Anybody want to take a bet on how long Abbott keeps this stunt going? Unlike the DC truck protests, this one will affect your dinner table.

Commercial traffic at a key South Texas border crossing has stopped after Mexican truckers on Monday blocked north- and southbound lanes on the Mexico side of the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge in protest of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s decision to have state troopers inspect northbound commercial vehicles — historically a job done by the federal government.

The bridge connecting Pharr and Reynosa is the busiest trade crossing in the Rio Grande Valley and handles the majority of the produce that crosses into the U.S. from Mexico, including avocados, broccoli, peppers, strawberries and tomatoes. On Monday, with trucks backed up for miles in Reynosa for the fifth day in a row, some produce importers in Texas said they have waited days for their goods to arrive and already had buyers cancel orders.

“One of our customers canceled the order because we didn’t deliver on time,” said Modesto Guerra, sales manager for Sterling Fresh Inc., which imports broccoli from Central Mexico via the Pharr bridge before shipping it to the Midwest and East Coast. “It’s something beyond our control.”

Anybody want to take a bet on how long Abbott keeps this stunt going? Unlike the DC truck protests, this one will affect your dinner table.

Commercial traffic at a key South Texas border crossing has stopped after Mexican truckers on Monday blocked north- and southbound lanes on the Mexico side of the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge in protest of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s decision to have state troopers inspect northbound commercial vehicles — historically a job done by the federal government.

The bridge connecting Pharr and Reynosa is the busiest trade crossing in the Rio Grande Valley and handles the majority of the produce that crosses into the U.S. from Mexico, including avocados, broccoli, peppers, strawberries and tomatoes. On Monday, with trucks backed up for miles in Reynosa for the fifth day in a row, some produce importers in Texas said they have waited days for their goods to arrive and already had buyers cancel orders.

“One of our customers canceled the order because we didn’t deliver on time,” said Modesto Guerra, sales manager for Sterling Fresh Inc., which imports broccoli from Central Mexico via the Pharr bridge before shipping it to the Midwest and East Coast. “It’s something beyond our control.”

That's not good. Produce cannot stay in those trucks indefinitely without spoiling. Those orders being cancelled are precisely for that reason, I suspect. More trickle down from the Biden non-border, illegal trafficking of immigrants across our border......gee, tks Joe.

That's not good. Produce cannot stay in those trucks indefinitely without spoiling. Those orders being cancelled are precisely for that reason, I suspect. More trickle down from the Biden non-border, illegal trafficking of immigrants across our border......gee, tks Joe.

LMAO… This is all on Abbott.. His stunt is costing American consumers. Thanks Abbott..

I'm betting this protest is not grassroots.

It's probably like this storming of the border back in 2017 or 18.

Let them sit there until the Mexican people set their trucks on fire I don't care.

There are ports all on the Gulf Coast and if Mexico won't get rid of these assholes I'm sure Guatemala or Argentina would love to have our business

And more grandstanding from Abbott.
It's not grandstanding. Many of those truck and trailers are packed with illegal aliens. The Biden pukes won't stop them...someone has to...Abbott has stepped up.

I'm betting this protest is not grassroots.

It's probably like this storming of the border back in 2017 or 18.

Let them sit there start Mexico to death I don't care.

Have any idea how many products cross that bridge every year?

Abbott is pissing away any gains the GQP made with border voters in Texas. Most of those products end up in warehouses on the Texas side.

It's not grandstanding. Many of those truck and trailers are packed with illegal aliens. The Biden pukes won't stop them...someone has to...Abbott has stepped up.

Were they packed with illegals two years ago?

How many illegal aliens have been found so far?

DPS has stopped plenty over the years. The cripple just wants to dump on Biden

LMAO… This is all on Abbott.. His stunt is costing American consumers. Thanks Abbott..

ROFL.....Abbott would and should not have to take securing the border into his own hands, if Joe Biden would do his job. Pure dereliction of duty from Biden.

Have any idea how many products cross that bridge every year?

Abbott is pissing away any gains the GQP made with border voters in Texas. Most of those products end up in warehouses on the Texas side.
I still don't think it's a grassroots protest so I don't think it's going to last very long.

And as much as we want those products from Mexico Mexico once the money for delivering them more so unless there is some billionaire funding it I don't see it lasting very long.

Inspections are nothing new so I don't think truck drivers that cross that border often really have that big of a concern about it.

Were they packed with illegals two years ago?

How many illegal aliens have been found so far?

Hi, BlueTex!

I heard that a crate of avocados was opened and 43 Mexicans were found hidden inside. 23 were rapists, 45 carried venereal disease and between them they had 327 voter registration cards listing them as Democrats.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

ROFL.....Abbott would and should not have to take securing the border into his own hands, if Joe Biden would do his job. Pure dereliction of duty from Biden.
He ISN’T securing the border, he is disrupting international trade. Good lord

How many illegal aliens has he caught with these inspections?

I don't think this protest is grassroots it's probably funded but Democrats in the US because Abbott started offering free transport to any illegal alien that wants to travel to DC.

It's just retribution and whenever you hear the truck or thing everybody thinks about Canada but Canada's protest was grassroots.

This one isn't I don't think truckers that cross this border that have been driving trucks for 10 15 20 years however long care that much about being inspected if they did they probably wouldn't do that job I know 12 months or so that they were giving a free pass by the traitors in the White House is probably not anything to stir up much of a real protest.

I still don't think it's a grassroots protest so I don't think it's going to last very long.

And as much as we want those products from Mexico Mexico once the money for delivering them more so unless there is some billionaire funding it I don't see it lasting very long.

Inspections are nothing new so I don't think truck drivers that cross that border often really have that big of a concern about it.
Bullshit.. they are ALREADY inspected by CBP.. If these inspections are nothing new, why did Abbott announce the last week?

He ISN’T securing the border, he is disrupting international trade. Good lord

No, his goal is to find illegal aliens within some of those trucks.

So how many have been found by Texas state troopers so far?

I don't think this protest is grassroots it's probably funded but Democrats in the US because Abbott started offering free transport to any illegal alien that wants to travel to DC.

It's just retribution and whenever you hear the truck or thing everybody thinks about Canada but Canada's protest was grassroots.

This one isn't I don't think truckers that cross this border that have been driving trucks for 10 15 20 years however long care that much about being inspected if they did they probably wouldn't do that job I know 12 months or so that they were giving a free pass by the traitors in the White House is probably not anything to stir up much of a real protest.

Either way, it's clearly on Bidens shoulders and his open border policies. Our southern states are being inundated with illegal immigrants, thanks to the Biden administration. I couldn't imagine being an American living close to the border....I'm sure they are armed everywhere they go.....it's a sad day in America.

Bullshit.. they are ALREADY inspected by CBP.. If these inspections are nothing new, why did Abbott announce the last week?
I still don't buy that this is grassroots.

It seems to be a reaction to Abbott offering free transport to DC to illegal aliens. A few officials with more money than they can even think about pay a few truckers what does that cost the stage some sort of protest and scare everyone.

If they're not paying the producers in Mexico this ain't going to last long.

Either way, it's clearly on Bidens shoulders and his open border policies.
I think the goal is to Texas blue. That's why there's open borders.

They don't care about people they don't care about ideas.
Our southern states are being inundated with illegal immigrants, thanks to the Biden administration.
I think they're delighted in that if cartels come and kill some of us that's even better.

These people are at war with our country I commend Abbott for standing up against it
I couldn't imagine being an American living close to the border....I'm sure they are armed everywhere they go.....it's a sad day in America.
Well luckily for Texas we have a governor that does something.

I think they're delighted in that if cartels come and kill some of us that's even better.

These people are at war with our country I commend Abbott for standing up against it

Pissing away state funds is “doing something” but It’s not exactly working.

It's a damn shame, we have a major political party ushering in illegal voters. It's the largest human trafficking operation in American history. I hope the immigrants coming into this country have open eyes and decide not to vote for a party who is only using them.

Wait, you really think this issue started with Joe Biden and hasn't been failed by the federal government for decades? And you also appear to be under the assumption the border was closed and Biden opened it which is not true.

So while I do think we definitely need more oversight of commerce trucks at the border, Abbott seems to have, like usual, taken the 'look at me' route without thinking a more logical approach. Funny, he always wants to make a big scene at the border but where are the heavy fines for employers luring the people in and hiring them?

It's a damn shame, we have a major political party ushering in illegal voters. It's the largest human trafficking operation in American history. I hope the immigrants coming into this country have open eyes and decide not to vote for a party who is only using them.
Generally speaking immigrants tend to be more conservative they might not always vote Republican but they came from countries that the left is trying to make here they don't want to go back or see this country become what they left.

But worry not everything changes and right now we may be having an influx of illegal aliens if they become naturalized they will give birth to conservatives.

Back
Top Bottom