• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

International trade halted at Texas border crossings as truckers protest Greg Abbott’s new inspections

Lol, right! This is all President Biden's fault! The RWNJ governor who started it all has nothing to do with it!

DERP

This would not be happening, if Biden did his duty.

Point me to the bills the Republicans have submitted that actually do something or Republican states cracking down on the actual employers.
Well first I would say border protection falls under the purview of the federal government not the employer.

Isn't that a problem when the Democrats are just as awful as Republicans why would you vote for them?
Republicans just love the cheap labor, money making private migrant detentions, and using it at campaign fodder. They ain't doing shit either.
So they're just as awful as Democrats okay I agree all of these political groups are all equally garbage.

Well yeah Biden didn't really open the door is administration did. Democrat politicians want illegal aliens so they can have slave labor. Mostly so they don't have to pay more money for oranges.

From Iowa with love. Sorry, from red iowa with love.

Abbott is the gov of texas, no? So why is it biden's problem? Better yet, why didn't trump do something about the border in his first two years when the gop had control of all of government?

What, the federal government has no reason to secure our border, now? Can't understand for the life of me, why people justify human trafficking by our president.

For sure it's being funded by the dems. You guys tell each other the most outrageous crap and the best part is y'all believe each other.
It most likely is isn't it uncanny that this kind of just materialized that of nothing right after Greg Abbott said he would provide travel accommodations for illegals to go to DC.

DC Democrats don't want their problem in their backyard they would rather someone else deal with their dirty work.

I don't get me wrong Republicans are just as bad so if you going to tell me that Republicans do this s*** yeah.

Congratulations on voting for somebody who is equally terrible as the the Republicans.

Well first I would say border protection falls under the purview of the federal government not the employer.

Isn't that a problem when the Democrats are just as awful as Republicans why would you vote for them?

So they're just as awful as Democrats okay I agree all of these political groups are all equally garbage.

I don't vote based on immigration, that's why.

Do you agree that if we went after the root of the reason people are coming here, take away those benefits, address drugs in a meaningful manner slowing down the traffic at the border it would be less expensive and we could do more.

Another point - private migrant detention is big business and growing - they rely on immigrants to make them money so it's only logical the centers and all their cronies want to keep it flowing. Happening all around and another incentive to not do anything.

From Iowa with love. Sorry, from red iowa with love.
This is a problem caused by not allowing people to sell their labor for what they think it's worth.

You need cheaper workers because the government makes you pay too much for non foreign workers this should be a clue as to why raising minimum wage is a bad idea.

Or a good idea if you want illegal aliens to be slaves.

It most likely is isn't it uncanny that this kind of just materialized that of nothing right after Greg Abbott said he would provide travel accommodations for illegals to go to DC.

DC Democrats don't want their problem in their backyard they would rather someone else deal with their dirty work.

I don't get me wrong Republicans are just as bad so if you going to tell me that Republicans do this s*** yeah.

Congratulations on voting for somebody who is equally terrible as the the Republicans.
Most of the 'issues' the right gets their panties in a wad about all just seem to materialize out of nowhere.

That's been going on for decades and if Biden decided not to prevent illegals, he would have disbanded the border patrol and ICE and shut down the private detention centers - which has not happened. You might think the border patrol sits on their ass and waves to illegals crossing over but I think better of them.

Of course they have you believing it's all Biden's fault while cashing in on illegals themselves. You want the illegals to open your eyes but sure have them closed when it's convenient to you.

CBP answer to the president.....their hands are tied from the policies and EO's from Biden. You can deny and deflect till the cows come home.....Biden is the president, it's on his shoulders and he simply does not care about our borders.

It'll start getting a lot worse next month, with Biden rescinding Title 42. I wouldn't be surprised if this this is party motivated by a desire to depress wages, which are currently spiraling along with inflation.

Whatever their reasons, it's criminal, imo. Why could or how could he rescind Title 42 when 80 or so of them just caught Covid during a super spreader event?

This trucker blockade will fall into the "bad protest" category for RW'ers. We have come to understand that protests and protesters are labelled as "good" or "bad" based on the cause they are protesting, not the legality or impact of their actions.

I don't vote based on immigration, that's why.
So your complaints about Republicans just being just as terrible with this is Democrats is just partisan hackery?

Why can't you call out your own party when they do something screwed up? No the other party that's just as bad as the party you vote for is worse because CNN tells you that. This is why we have such terrible politicians
Do you agree that if we went after the root of the reason people are coming here, take away those benefits, address drugs in a meaningful manner slowing down the traffic at the border it would be less expensive and we could do more.
Yes we should go after the root cause cut off any assistance whatsoever to anybody who can't prove that day legally entered the country all of them would go home tomorrow.

Another point - private migrant detention is big business and growing
I'm not a fan of private prisons at all. That concept is why we can't decriminalize marijuana why it's so important to lock up people for silly little offenses probably be discouraged with fine just so a private company can reaching money through a government contract I despise that completely.
- they rely on immigrants to make them money so it's only logical the centers and all their cronies want to keep it flowing.
I'm not talking about immigrants I have no issue with immigrants I'm talking about illegal aliens that is not an immigrant.

Immigrant is illegal status illegal alien is not an immigrant.

Happening all around and another incentive to not do anything.
The incentive is the giveaways the free shit. Cut that off today and nobody's going to hang around home Depot to get $10 an hour the plant ferns.

Silly word games, the usual MO of the left.
Yes you guys do play silly word games. So now for your answer as to why truckers would stop at an open border and protest.

The truckers are not saying they won't be inspected, just that it should be federal inspectors, not State Troopers!

Most of the 'issues' the right gets their panties in a wad about all just seem to materialize out of nowhere.
The fact that you deny such issues or pretend to length or not a big deal doesn't mean that they aren't.

And it shows how frivolous you think what their protesting against is.

So if you really believe the garbage you just typed why wouldn't you just acquiesce what doesn't matter anyway cuz it just materialized out of nothing we're just saying words to shut people up.

No what it is is you have to pretend it doesn't exist in hopes that people will just blindly accept it.

And you know they are packed with illegals how? If you know so much why aren't you a border patrol person so you can point out the trucks loaded with illegals.

And this has been going on for more than a year, thanks to Biden's puppet masters.

This trucker blockade will fall into the "bad protest" category for RW'ers.
I wonder if they'll go full LW Canadian and call on the government to steal their trucks and take their children away?

The fact that you deny such issues or pretend to length or not a big deal doesn't mean that they aren't.

And it shows how frivolous you think what their protesting against is.

So if you really believe the garbage you just typed why wouldn't you just acquiesce what doesn't matter anyway cuz it just materialized out of nothing we're just saying words to shut people up.

No what it is is you have to pretend it doesn't exist in hopes that people will just blindly accept it.
Our open borders do not exist. They are protesting Abbott's abuse of power. The border patrol folks aren't enough for Abbott? He wants to interject himself into it for political gain and most on the right just refuse to see it.

Big business uses illegal labor all the time. Remember the meat packing fiasco during covid with all of the illegal workers?

And this has been going on for more than a year, thanks to Biden's puppet masters.
So two out of thousands is many?

Back
Top Bottom