• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

International organizations need to stop making laws and warrants they have no means of enforcing

Andyh2299

National Mentor
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
International organizations need to stop making laws and arrest warrants they have no means of enforcing. A "Putin arrest warrant" is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard in my life. International law only works if a group of allied nations defeats and captures the enemy in war.

Yeah.. Putin better worry about his own people.. He's turning the Russian economy into a shit hole...

Their standing in line for toilet paper again..

He wanted to bring back the USSR. He's done it...

International organizations need to stop making laws and arrest warrants they have no means of enforcing. A "Putin arrest warrant" is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard in my life. International law only works if a group of allied nations defeats and captures the enemy in war.

OK then they can do that the second the US stops convicting people who are in countries with no extradition treaty with the US.

It doesn't go away. Putin steps foot in the wrong country and he's risking arrest.

That's not their intent in Putin's case really:

"Today’s arrest warrant will limit Putin’s diplomatic options, and it will make it harder for anyone to dismiss Russia’s aggression against Ukraine as a “territorial dispute.” The real point of today’s ICC arrest warrant is to bring the world to a moment of moral clarity that what Putin is ordering in Ukraine violates the law and moral values of civilized nations around the world. "

Or perhaps the hope that if some time in the future if Putin is ousted, they will turn him over to the Hauge in the way that Milosevic was ( a longshot put there it is)

It's as much a political statement as it is anything else, and politics do matter, like it or not.

That's not their intent in Putin's case really:

"Today’s arrest warrant will limit Putin’s diplomatic options, and it will make it harder for anyone to dismiss Russia’s aggression against Ukraine as a “territorial dispute.” The real point of today’s ICC arrest warrant is to bring the world to a moment of moral clarity that what Putin is ordering in Ukraine violates the law and moral values of civilized nations around the world. "

Or perhaps the hope that if some time in the future if Putin is ousted, they will turn him over to the Hauge in the way that Milosevic was ( a longshot put there it is)

It's as much a political statement as it is anything else, and politics do matter, like it or not.

Moral clarity?

So when are they issuing arrest warrants for MBS?

Or George Bush and his cronies?

Because threats that you can't carry out discredits you further

Why can't they carry out their threat? India is a signatory. Putin is due to visit there. Will he go? Maybe. Modi is similar to him in some ways. Other places? Not so much. The UK arrested Pinochet as he was passing through, on an arrest warrant issued in Spain, for genocide. Over a year of house arrest followed.

Why can't they carry out their threat? India is a signatory. Putin is due to visit there. Will he go? Maybe. Modi is similar to him in some ways. Other places? Not so much. The UK arrested Pinochet as he was passing through, on an arrest warrant issued in Spain, for genocide. Over a year of house arrest followed.
While he is president, kidnapping on a diplomatic mission is an act of war

A lot of internet people really enjoy defending this person. That must be a fun hobby, because they are certainly dedicated to it

What it does do is making it impossible for Putin to visit countries that recognize the jurisdiction of the ICC. Meaning the number of countries he could go to has been decimated. He could still go to the US though, the US doesn't recognize the ICC.

Warrants have meaning on the international stage by either capturing and putting war criminals on trial, or as is probably the case with Putin, by naming and shaming him.

Everyone in the world should be aware that V.V. Putin is wanted by the Hague for war crimes.

Back
Top Bottom