• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Internal Earth-driven Warming?

What you actually like to talk about is how more credentialed you are than those with whom you interact here.

...and actually, to be quite fair, I've also been extremely honest in my limitations on this discussion.

How 'bout you?

He wants us to confuse a doctorate in geology as were it a doctorate in climate. Curry holds a doctorate in climate. Naturally he will not leap to her site to discuss is views with those scientists.

I have actually been extremely honest about the fact that I am not a climate scientist...and I have further even EXPLICITLY STATED that many of the higher level topics are things I struggle with. If you would like I can dig up the many, many times I've confessed that.

My doctorate gives me a bit of insight into the basics. The core concepts are part and parcel of geology. Whether it's understanding the history of the earth's climate or understanding how geochemical cycles work.

And I've even acknowledged that folks like Jack clearly have an area of expertise...just not this area.

I would stick to your doctorate then and not engage in climate discussions.

What and let people who haven't even got basic science background load up the forum with denialist/"skeptic" blog snippets without comment?

What and let people who haven't even got basic science background load up the forum with denialist/"skeptic" blog snippets without comment?

See you have already made up your mind. Suppose that was what Geologists did to you?

I have actually been extremely honest about the fact that I am not a climate scientist...and I have further even EXPLICITLY STATED that many of the higher level topics are things I struggle with. If you would like I can dig up the many, many times I've confessed that.

My doctorate gives me a bit of insight into the basics. The core concepts are part and parcel of geology. Whether it's understanding the history of the earth's climate or understanding how geochemical cycles work.

And I've even acknowledged that folks like Jack clearly have an area of expertise...just not this area.

You seem to shun like she carries the plague experts who offer excellent climate data on the Curry site.

I did not realize your doctorate degree hampers you the way you speak of above.

...and actually, to be quite fair, I've also been extremely honest in my limitations on this discussion.

How 'bout you?

Tell me then since I have not heard from you. What are your limitations on the topic of climate science?

If he took a class in weather, would he be as qualified as you?

LOL
Course in weather is what you mean. If he took that instead of Geology, imagine his arguments improvement.

Her PhD is in Geophysical Sciences, not climate.

But you being wrong is kinda par for the course, so we’ll let it slide

His is in geology. And you teach lessons in being wrong.

Supposing his degree was in climate. Would he be as qualified as you are?

Aw.

Touched a nerve.

My qualifications are unimportant. The qualifications of people at, say, the NAS is what’s important.

And they say AGW is real and will become a very serious problem.

See you have already made up your mind. Suppose that was what Geologists did to you?

No, I made up my mind after some people who post like that stated that they didn't have anything more in science than a couple of intro classes in undergrad. And when they indicated they didn't understand basic high school math things like "log curves" and that they had no knowledge of basic statistics or how data is handled.

That's called "collecting data and arriving at an hypothesis".

I did not realize your doctorate degree hampers you the way you speak of above.

Wanna have another swing at that "sentence"? Not sure if the syntax is confessing yet, but it sure is being tortured.

Well, you could challenge me on the technical stuff if you like. And by "challenge" I don't mean grabbing some random denialist blog post and then running away ...

How 'bout you?

Yes, and . . . ? I'll no longer indulge with replies comments about credentials.

Wanna have another swing at that "sentence"? Not sure if the syntax is confessing yet, but it sure is being tortured.

Sure, you talk of your weaknesses. And per you you have many. Such as pretending Geology is this topic.

Sure, you talk of your weaknesses. And per you you have many. Such as pretending Geology is this topic.

Indeed! I DO have limitations. What about you? What are your limitations in this area?

I have myself studied Geology though I say easily you surpass me by far on the topic. When you speak of Geology, let me help you.

Back
Top Bottom