• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Internal Docs leaked: Postal Service to Remove 671 High Volume Sorting Machines before Election

The post office processes over 470 million pieces of mail every day

If every American voted by mail that is way less than they process in one day.

I believe even with Trump's push to slow down the mail if you get your ballot mailed a couple or 3 weeks before the election even Trump's USPS should get it delivered.

Now that is not to say wbat trump is doing isn't purely criminal

How are we supposed to stop it?

In addition to trying to help the USPS with funding myself, I just wrote the following to my state senators:

Dear Senator Bennet and Senator Gardner,

Please work with your fellow senators and The White House to approve the $25 billion that is built into The HEROES Act for supporting the United States Postal Service. That support will provide assistance that is paramount to our democracy and the safety of our nation. It will do so by equipping the Postal Service with the personnel and equipment required to handle universal mail-in voting. Without your support, millions of lives will be put unnecessarily at risk through voting at polling stations nationwide during the current COVID-19 pandemic.

As your constituent, I am asking that you please work to save the Postal Service and include funding in the latest relief bill.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

these modern day Confederates can't peacefully pass away fast enough (for the health of our Republic).

To a person that wasn't blindly kissing Trumps arse, they may realize that this effects everyone, even the Trumpster Divers. This is a break the glass emergency right now, hence the many threads. They are all valid.

I don't see any Trumpers defending the actions of sabotaging the Postal Service. Trumps going to need a few more lawyers.

Notice he's already starting to back down. Willing now to negotiate with dems. That's a first.

I have repeatedly refuted this false claim many many time. Believe whatever you want. Your side has lost either way.

This nation is in real danger of being destroyed...and the threat is ENTIRELY from within.

Of course, Republicans in Congress will remain silent, and every Trump acolyte will be supportive of this, because...well, they are what they are.

US Postal Service to remove 671 high-volume demand processing machines ahead of the election

The U.S. Postal Service announced that it plans to remove high-volume mail-processing machines in hundreds of locations sparking fears that it could reduce the ability to process mail during the elections.

USPS operates 671 machines used to organize mail which is to be reduced in dozens of cities over the coming months, according to CNN. The agency started removing machines in June, according to postal workers.

“I’m not sure you’re going to find an answer for why [the machines being removed] makes sense,” said Iowa Postal Workers Union President Kimberly Karol in an interview with Vice. “Because we haven’t figured that out either.”

I think it is time for another impeachment attempt. Willfully disregarding our federal Constitution is a crime against the People.

No. That's not much of an answer. I'm serious. How do voters--or Congress or anyone -- stop internal decisions about running a government agency?

What should we do? Sincere question.

The reason I ask whether you support Trump is I think that’s the key.

From what I can understand, the opposition seems powerless to stop this clearly criminal behaviour and the courts will take too long to take action (besides attempts to make sure ballots count received after November 3rd).

I know if this happened in Canada, the executive would probably be in breach of the Canada Elections Act, a criminal investigation and inquiry would take place and that person would be done.

So they would never attempt this unless this country has really gone to the dogs.

The way I see it, only Republicans hold the cards here, both in the Senate and Voters, they have to abandon him, I hate to throw all this shade and not offer solutions but given the unprecedented nature of this attack on the election I’m afraid the only solution seems to have to come from those least likely to actually act against this criminal and anti-democratic behaviour and they’re not showing any signs of doing it.

The reason I ask whether you support Trump is I think that’s the key.

From what I can understand, the opposition seems powerless to stop this clearly criminal behaviour and the courts will take too long to take action (besides attempts to make sure ballots count received after November 3rd).

I know if this happened in Canada, the executive would probably be in breach of the Canada Elections Act, a criminal investigation and inquiry would take place and that person would be done.

So they would never attempt this unless this country has really gone to the dogs.

The way I see it, only Republicans hold the cards here, both in the Senate and Voters, they have to abandon him, I hate to throw all this shade and not offer solutions but given the unprecedented nature of this attack on the election I’m afraid the only solution seems to have to come from those least likely to actually act against this criminal and anti-democratic behaviour and they’re not showing any signs of doing it.

No, I do not support Trump. I think what is going on with the USPS is such a blatant and obvious move on his part, and it's scary that it seems he's getting away with it. Personally, I'm making sure I vote in person.

This nation is in real danger of being destroyed...and the threat is ENTIRELY from within.

Of course, Republicans in Congress will remain silent, and every Trump acolyte will be supportive of this, because...well, they are what they are.

US Postal Service to remove 671 high-volume demand processing machines ahead of the election

The U.S. Postal Service announced that it plans to remove high-volume mail-processing machines in hundreds of locations sparking fears that it could reduce the ability to process mail during the elections.

USPS operates 671 machines used to organize mail which is to be reduced in dozens of cities over the coming months, according to CNN. The agency started removing machines in June, according to postal workers.

“I’m not sure you’re going to find an answer for why [the machines being removed] makes sense,” said Iowa Postal Workers Union President Kimberly Karol in an interview with Vice. “Because we haven’t figured that out either.”

I say COVID 19 has been in America much longer than America was advised. Which brings forward the obvious question “ How long has COVID 19 been allowed penetrate the USA population?”

Expecting an honest answer is nonsense because politicians cannot speak in those terms. They choose spin!

Pay The Stimulus Money! IT'S PATRIOTIC!!!!!!

==========================================================================================================================

Republicans admit on Fox News they are trying to commit voter fraud and voter theft = Clear the San Quentin Prison for republicans actively pursuing this criminal activity!!!!!!! No Paroles!!!

No, I do not support Trump. I think what is going on with the USPS is such a blatant and obvious move on his part, and it's scary that it seems he's getting away with it. Personally, I'm making sure I vote in person.

WE will carry our early vote by mail ballots to the courthouse....... damn right!

Back
Top Bottom