• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Internal Docs leaked: Postal Service to Remove 671 High Volume Sorting Machines before Election

ultmd

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This nation is in real danger of being destroyed...and the threat is ENTIRELY from within.

Of course, Republicans in Congress will remain silent, and every Trump acolyte will be supportive of this, because...well, they are what they are.

US Postal Service to remove 671 high-volume demand processing machines ahead of the election

The U.S. Postal Service announced that it plans to remove high-volume mail-processing machines in hundreds of locations sparking fears that it could reduce the ability to process mail during the elections.

USPS operates 671 machines used to organize mail which is to be reduced in dozens of cities over the coming months, according to CNN. The agency started removing machines in June, according to postal workers.

“I’m not sure you’re going to find an answer for why [the machines being removed] makes sense,” said Iowa Postal Workers Union President Kimberly Karol in an interview with Vice. “Because we haven’t figured that out either.”

Even Trump supporters.

Ignore this at your peril.

You might think “Can’t happen here right...”.

You are opening a Pandora’s box by allowing this to happen and where it leads, cannot be positive.

How are you supposed to make an argument that mail-in voting is inefficient and ballots cannot be delivered in a timely manner if the post offices have the proper amount of machinery to accomplish the job?

How are you supposed to make an argument that mail-in voting is inefficient and ballots cannot be delivered in a timely manner if the post offices have the proper amount of machinery to accomplish the job?

That is exactly what trump is banking on.

This is a direct assault on our democracy and one of its most important institutions.

This will be another thread the Trumpsters avoid.

This nation is in real danger of being destroyed...and the threat is ENTIRELY from within.

Of course, Republicans in Congress will remain silent, and every Trump acolyte will be supportive of this, because...well, they are what they are.

US Postal Service to remove 671 high-volume demand processing machines ahead of the election

The U.S. Postal Service announced that it plans to remove high-volume mail-processing machines in hundreds of locations sparking fears that it could reduce the ability to process mail during the elections.

USPS operates 671 machines used to organize mail which is to be reduced in dozens of cities over the coming months, according to CNN. The agency started removing machines in June, according to postal workers.

“I’m not sure you’re going to find an answer for why [the machines being removed] makes sense,” said Iowa Postal Workers Union President Kimberly Karol in an interview with Vice. “Because we haven’t figured that out either.”

This needs to be investigated given the timing and the new Post Master is a Trump supporter and knows nothing about the running of the USPS.

They tend to be gutless when they can't defend the indefensible.

it's sickeningly obvious attempt to interfere with voting. now some people will be afraid that their vote won't count and will stand in line during a pandemic.

Even Trump supporters.

You are opening a Pandora’s box by allowing this to happen and where it leads, cannot be positive.

How are we supposed to stop it?

Many have already responded in similar threads to let us know that we are irrational and have been duped by Soros & Company into believing these fallacies.

The Post Office Is Deactivating Mail Sorting Machines Ahead of the Election
"While the consequences of this new policy are mostly unclear for now, ...." apparently doesn't apply to Soros & Company's minions. The are psychic fortune tellers and all.

You are saying that Trump is going to use mail in voting to cheat and yet you encourage mail in voting while Trump himself tells you that you should vote in person.

Many have already responded in similar threads to let us know that we are irrational and have been duped by Soros & Company into believing these fallacies.

You have been and yes this is about the 20th thread on this topic this week. I guess as long as they are irrational TDS threads, the cult can make as many as they want.

I bought $55 in stamps today despite being in precarious financial situation. No idea if that was a good idea or not. I have also bookmarked how to vote early in person in Colorado, but the site has not been updated beyond June's primary elections, so I will have to wait for that information to update in the next month or so.

Do you support Trump?

No. That's not much of an answer. I'm serious. How do voters--or Congress or anyone -- stop internal decisions about running a government agency?

There is a baseline of performance expected out of the USPS regardless of an election. I don't wonder if they can be enjoined from taking down these high speed sorters forcing USPS to court to explain itself. Post Offices and Postal Roads are guaranteed in Article 1 of the Constitution. I certainly think somebody should be looking at who has standing before the court and how USPS can be enjoined.

How long has there been a Post Office? The first Postmaster General was Benjamin Franklin.

Even Trump supporters.

In the end the monster they are helping to create will eat them too if we sane people don't stop this assault of america.

There have been a few constitutional and legal experts that are just starting to point out the many statutes and civil laws that are being broken. I hope everyone knows that it is a felony to impede the flow of mail. There are many other state statutes being broken as well.

Trump and his hack are guilty. I would just say that all these idiots best leave the USA when Trump loses. They are in deep sh**.

Law suits need to be brought in the states. There are so many laws being broken, no way Trump can win. This is an emergency right now. No time to wait.

There have been a few constitutional and legal experts that are just starting to point out the many statutes and civil laws that are being broken. I hope everyone knows that it is a felony to impede the flow of mail. There are many other state statutes being broken as well.

Trump and his hack are guilty. I would just say that all these idiots best leave the USA when Trump loses. They are in deep sh**.

The cultists don't care. They have no loyalty to the Republic, they pledge themselves to their Dear Leader. Of course purposefully interfering with the election for personal gain should violate rules from everywhere. But Cultists don't care. They are worse than red coats. Commie loving mother****ers.

not surprising.

You have been and yes this is about the 20th thread on this topic this week. I guess as long as they are irrational TDS threads, the cult can make as many as they want.

To a person that wasn't blindly kissing Trumps arse, they may realize that this effects everyone, even the Trumpster Divers. This is a break the glass emergency right now, hence the many threads. They are all valid.

I don't see any Trumpers defending the actions of sabotaging the Postal Service. Trumps going to need a few more lawyers.

Notice he's already starting to back down. Willing now to negotiate with dems. That's a first.

Law suits need to be brought in the states. There are so many laws being broken, no way Trump can win. This is an emergency right now. No time to wait.

That would be one hard suit to prove and take time. I hope you're right, but I have my doubts.

Add to that people in blue states are aghast that they are literally yanking mail boxes out of the ground and taking them away since, 'there's not enough mail.'

Mailboxes Removed in NYC ... As Trump's War Rages On
USPS responds to viral photo of mailboxes removed in Portland

So now it's starting to have that partisan look. Slow down the mail in blue states. Just like they didn't start a nationwide testing program when it looked like only blue states were getting sick...

Trump and crew are repulsive.

That would be one hard suit to prove and take time. I hope you're right, but I have my doubts.

I was listening to John Flannery tonight describing all the laws being broken. In a voting emergency the courts would move cases up to the front, I am sure of it. That doesn't mean Trump would lose all, but he will lose the majority as he does every other time he's in court.

Back
Top Bottom