• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Interior chief Zinke to leave administration

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
That makes 10 cabinet departures so far. Must be a record.

Trump, what a marketer!

It's like those stores that mark everything up to retail then run a sale. Trump filled the swamp so he could take credit for draining it.

Will the last crooked Trump appointee please turn out the lights as he/she heads out the door.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/415988-interior-secretary-ryan-zinke-steps-down

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke will depart amid growing controversy over allegations that he violated ethics rules, President Trump announced Saturday.

When the flag comes down for the last time, will Zinke claim a souvenir?

I hope this marks the end of his political career. I'd hate for him to run for governor in 2 years because I couldn't say with certainty he wouldn't win.

Will the last crooked Trump appointee please turn out the lights as he/she heads out the door.

Gonna be tough...when one leaves they are replaced with another.

I hope this marks the end of his political career. I'd hate for him to run for governor in 2 years because I couldn't say with certainty he wouldn't win.

That’s your neck of the woods, iirc?

It is indeed, 4th generation montanan.

I would have thought that a former elite Navy Seal would be better.....hearty folks up there.

I would have thought that a former elite Navy Seal would be better.....hearty folks up there.

One would think so, but ambitious people are ambitious and some cut corners. But yeah, those that served generally get a leg up (not undeserved) when running here, especially if they have an R after their name.

Trump is keeping his word, draining the swamp...

Does Trump get credit for draining if he brings the swamp lizard with him? :doh

Attachments

• zeinke.jpg
    zeinke.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 34
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/415988-interior-secretary-ryan-zinke-steps-down

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke will depart amid growing controversy over allegations that he violated ethics rules, President Trump announced Saturday.

Poor Trump, looks like the swamp got drained a little bit against his wishes. I'm sure Trump will manage to fill 'er up with someone equally unethical.

The second of the dirty duo departs — Zinke follows Pruitt. Thank goodness they are corrupt. Trump would never get rid of them for screwing the environment.

And does the right not get it? You put an energy guy/gal in charge of the Dept. of Energy. Put someone somewhat sympathetic to the enviornment in charge of Interior. (Trump would probably think of Simon Legree as a good match for the Department of Labor.)

Last edited:

This is the blue wave's first casualty. I expect a number of low hanging fruit to leave the administration before Congress comes back. They don't want to be caught up in the mess, but those that are smart may just be able to skirt the law and stay under the radar. Come out looking all rosy, just in time for 2020.

Fossil fuel companies and other big business interests have had a huge influence over the Department of the Interior (DOI), under Zinke.

‘Many of the department’s political appointees have come straight from the industries they’re now charged with overseeing. Most glaringly, David Bernhardt, Zinke’s chief deputy, lobbied for oil, mining and chemical companies in his previous positions Despite this long list of blatant conflicts of interest, Bernhardt has been charged with making decisions that have undermined conservation and consideration of climate change science. Meanwhile, Zinke has re-assigned staff and shifted priorities, upending the work of DOI staff and driving many scientific experts out of public service.

“There’s a real atmosphere of hostility to science in the Trump era,” said Joel Clement, a former DOI scientist who was reassigned from his work on climate adaptation policy to an accounting-management job. Clement, who left DOI and now serves as a senior fellow at UCS, saw a political motive at work. “It’s clear to me that Zinke and his team made these moves to undercut the science enterprise and reduce the effectiveness of DOI, in the process pushing a lot of good people out of their jobs.”’

https://www.ucsusa.org/news/press_release/doi-zinke-science-under-siege#.XBaEelxKjIW

Sect of Interior come and go. One thing the article in ucsusa.org did not mention that NEPA still applies. Projects must go through the NEPA process before implantation.

There is a great deal the Trump administration has proposed I do not agree with. I also take the ucsusa.org press release with a grain of salt. Why, disgruntle former employee. One should read articles from all sides and draw ones own conclusions. (ex: Nature Conservancy can have valid points on forest thinning, but so can the logging industry).

Back
Top Bottom