• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Interesting

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I found this interesting... The video where a nice lady talks about reparations and how her black family helped build the area in question but they did not benefit from the wealth it garnered... to most white people that is just called having a job. Nobody but the investors benefit from the wealth it garners. They might all be white people but that does not mean anything to my family that helped to build places and did not benefit from the wealth. What is funny is that the project manager for this new huge building project comes on... and is a black man. LOL

I found this interesting... The video where a nice lady talks about reparations and how her black family helped build the area in question but they did not benefit from the wealth it garnered... to most white people that is just called having a job. Nobody but the investors benefit from the wealth it garners. They might all be white people but that does not mean anything to my family that helped to build places and did not benefit from the wealth. What is funny is that the project manager for this new huge building project comes on... and is a black man. LOL

Did they build it as paid labor with full voting rights and equal protection under the law? Likely not. Correct?

Did they build it as paid labor with full voting rights and equal protection under the law? Likely not. Correct?
If people want to argue for whatever wage that white people were getting and that they were not, due to lack of rights, I would agree that sounds just. If people, like this lady, want to argue that they deserve a portion of the wealth that was generated by the project... then I would say absolutely not. I can see Pinko Commies making that argument though.

If people want to argue for whatever wage that white people were getting and that they were not, due to lack of rights, I would agree that sounds just. If people, like this lady, want to argue that they deserve a portion of the wealth that was generated by the project... then I would say absolutely not. I can see Pinko Commies making that argument though.
Obviously, if you are paid for your labor, your share of the wealth generated or not by the project has been accounted for, unless you negotiate a bonus plan or stock options. However, if conditions are such that you were swindled out of fair wages and lacked legal recourse to correct said wrong due to, say, Jim Crow then that is a different story. No?

Obviously, if you are paid for your labor, your share of the wealth generated or not by the project has been accounted for, unless you negotiate a bonus plan or stock options. However, if conditions are such that you were swindled out of fair wages and lacked legal recourse to correct said wrong due to, say, Jim Crow then that is a different story. No?
That is not the point. The 1% who own 40% of all wealth needs to be reduced through taxation so that the middle class can grow again.

That is not the point.
It is from a racial perspective. That blacks have been cut out of the process for hundreds of years is not in dispute.
The 1% who own 40% of all wealth needs to be reduced through taxation so that the middle class can grow again.
I wouldn't argue against that. I've worked for both one percenters and five percenters. I prefer the 5%. However, we battle the 1% everyday because they can buy jobs by undercutting our prices at anytime. Often they do.

Completely irrelevant to the thread but now I can't hear the word "interesting" without thinking about the Mentalist show, that I'm currently watching.

Completely irrelevant to the thread but now I can't hear the word "interesting" without thinking about the Mentalist show, that I'm currently watching.
I liked that show...

EDIT. Dang, not on Netflix.

Amazon Prime, if you have it.
I do... I just forget about it with Netflix, Disney, ESPN and local channels...

EDIT: just added it to my list.

2 million Black Americans would enter the middle class if they were paid the same as their White co-workers, a new study from corporate consulting firm McKinsey estimates.

Back
Top Bottom