• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Interesting...Purple Drank

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It seems that fruit juice, skittles and a little Robitussin DM makes a rather potent cocktail.

Could this possibly explain why Trayvon hadn't opened either the Skittles or the Iced Tea on the way home? It's kind of been bobbing around in the back of my mind that the stuff wasn't opened which was, to my thinking, unusual but it also wasn't an important fact.

It seems that fruit juice, skittles and a little Robitussin DM makes a rather potent cocktail.

Could this possibly explain why Trayvon hadn't opened either the Skittles or the Iced Tea on the way home? It's kind of been bobbing around in the back of my mind that the stuff wasn't opened which was, to my thinking, unusual but it also wasn't an important fact.

Wow... That never even occured to me. That certainly does make you think, doesn't it?

Do we know that Martin had lean before? It seems kind of pointless to speculate about it if he hadn't.

With skittles, iced tea and plutonium, you could make a rather potent nuclear weapon.

So he was going to go home and do drugs....KILL HIM!

More like, another piece of the puzzle which says TM was not necessarily some cuddly little choir boy...

More like, another piece of the puzzle which says TM was not necessarily some cuddly little choir boy...

I never said he was. More like, another piece of character assassination of a dead teenager.

Seems a bit far-fetched, IF the concoction was his goal I'd think he'd have fruit juice, skittles and cough syrup in the bag and not only one of the three.

I never said he was. More like, another piece of character assassination of a dead teenager.

More like, another piece potentially revealing that Martin's character was something other than "little angel", as some wish to portray him.

Assassinating someone's character is done through the use of falsehood, deception, and out of context information. In TM's case simply revealing the truth appears to be sufficient overall.

Granted, the purple drank thing is merely speculation.... but that he used drugs, fought, was suspended, was found with stolen goods and so on, is simple fact.

Seems a bit far-fetched, IF the concoction was his goal I'd think he'd have fruit juice, skittles and cough syrup in the bag and not only one of the three.

Geez.... He had 2 of the 3... His "iced tea" was actually a watermelon drink.

Not exactly the point. It's just another link between Trayvon and a lifestyle other than that of an angelic little 17yo.

I don't think it's far fetched, but I don't think it's relevant. Did Zimmerman see this and say to himself "I should go save this boy before he throws his life away!" Of course not.

What's relevant is the altercation that one person started, and another person didn't try very hard to avoid.

More like, another piece potentially revealing that Martin's character was something other than "little angel", as some wish to portray him.

Assassinating someone's character is done through the use of falsehood, deception, and out of context information. In TM's case simply revealing the truth appears to be sufficient overall.

Granted, the purple drank thing is merely speculation.... but that he used drugs, fought, was suspended, was found with stolen goods and so on, is simple fact.

Yeah, he was a thug. But unless Zimmerman thought it was his mission to rid the world of thugs, it's irrelevant. And if that was his mission, that throws his whole story into question.

Thugs have rights too.

You people are ****ing sick. Wow. Now, we find it suspicious that when someone doesn't open his drink and his step-brother's skittles on the way home? Really? Holy ****. What planet do I live on where that is suspicious? I must be the most suspicious person on the planet if those are the standards.

Geez.... He had 2 of the 3... His "iced tea" was actually a watermelon drink.

Nice try by the radical right, such as Bob Owens, howsomever the concoction's mixer of choice is Mt. Dew or Sprite. You might as well claim ANY drink is 'favored' as part of the mix... :doh

So if he had only 2 of the 3 ingredients and since they weren't opened yet it would be a fair assumption he wasn't high yet? If he wasn't high then so was the real reason Z followed him was because of those two items?

I don't think it's far fetched, but I don't think it's relevant. Did Zimmerman see this and say to himself "I should go save this boy before he throws his life away!" Of course not. What's relevant is the altercation that one person started, and another person didn't try very hard to avoid.

Well for starters Trayvon has no history of codeine use, just trace amounts of pot in his school bag- something most here want to see legalized and hardly an aggressive drug.

If the teen had an addiction to the drink I think he would have been like 99% of all other addicts and mixed it as soon as he got behind the store he bought it from. At least got the Skittles to melting.

The party line seems to be a 'thug' like Trayvon was savvy enough to be doing the purple without any incidents but wasn't very clever with pot????

That does seem far-fetched... :peace

So if he had only 2 of the 3 ingredients and since they weren't opened yet it would be a fair assumption he wasn't high yet? If he wasn't high then so was the real reason Z followed him was because of those two items?

The point is that the more we find out about things the more evidence comes up that would lead a reasonable person to believe that Trayvon was making some very bad decisions in his life.

Since the beginning of this whole thing the story has been that Zimmerman was some kind of stalker/killer and that Trayvon was just an innocent victim of racial animus. Well, what we're seeing more and more of is that race is less and less likely a motivator while behavior IS the motivator.

I'm curious, what other evidence has come up that Zimmerman was acting in some way other than what he says? Why does all the evidence that keeps coming in reflect poorly on Trayvon?

I'd suggest that instead of the ridiculous race discussion or SYG discussion that we've been having it would be a good time to start talking about what parents can do to straighten out their kids when things are going sideways.....something that this incident might REALLY be about.

This has been known for some time and is quite reasonably the intention of the purpose, especially since there is a chat history of him discussing preparing that drink. People follow the media's mislabeling of the drink purchased as "tea", which misleads one away from that explanation of the purchase. The devil is in the details of an investigation.

Still not the kind of person that savagely attacks a stranger for no good reason, from anything I've seen.

On a bad path, apparently, but not that far down it.

Not a twelve year old innocent, but not the aggressively violent monster Zs narrative implies either. Not that different from myself and a lot of others I've known that came out all right.

It is this aspect that has always troubled me the most.

Have you read the actual texts they presented? Out of literally thousands? Its worth it.

As an analysis of shoddy journalism if nothing else.

Much hay has been made of the NBC editing of the NEN call.

It is nothing compared to the hatchet job done to M in regards to his text messages. Possibly actually actionable slander.

Could just be laziness, they aren't easy to parse. But its bad.

At this point I wish the judge had allowed them. I don't think they'd have painted the picture in mother's minds the defense hoped they would.

Back
Top Bottom