• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Interesting Post Election....

sjmay

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Find it interesting the attitudes of the electorate post election.

People on the Left - TRUMP LOST, GET OVER IT (probably not far from the people on the right in 2016)

People on the Right - We don't think he lost, but we don't know, we want to make sure every vote was legal.

It's astounding to me that people on the winning side, don't want to make 100% sure that they are on the winning side, there are seemingly questions about the software used, instead of shouting THERE IS NO EVIDENCE, why not just simply agree to INVESTIGATE.

You guys spend your days on here shouting down people who want to investigate clamoring that they have no evidence, yet, you were on the exact opposite side of the coin during the Russia and Ukraine investigations....

It's pretty ****ing simple, if there are questions about software and the count, investigate, why would you be against that?

It's simple: after 4 years of 25,000+ lies and a huge existential motive of Trump staying out of prison, and after history of coming up with fake stories / dirt on the opponents, and after explicit actions by Trump administration to rig the election (e.g. slowing mail, Republicans wanting to throw out votes arriving late by mail, dropping voting locations in Dem areas, etc.) and after continuous calling of election rigged even BEFORE it happened without any proof, we are NOT going to trust your stories until you have 100% proof of MASSIVE SCALE cheating that would overturn the election results.

It's simple: after 4 years of 25,000+ lies and a huge existential motive of Trump staying out of prison, and after history of coming up with fake stories / dirt on the opponents, and after explicit actions by Trump administration to rig the election (e.g. slowing mail, Republicans wanting to throw out votes arriving late by mail, dropping voting locations in Dem areas, etc.) and after continuous calling of election rigged even BEFORE it happened without any proof, we are NOT going to trust your stories until you have 100% proof of MASSIVE SCALE cheating that would overturn the election results.

Fair enough, but why won't you agree to investigate, it seems like the most rabid among you, thinks there is no reason to investigate......you realize that's how evidence is gotten, right ?

Fair enough, but why won't you agree to investigate, it seems like the most rabid among you, thinks there is no reason to investigate......you realize that's how evidence is gotten, right ?

Go ahead, investigate. Just don't bother us with fake pronouncements until you have actual proof and until courts decide in your favor. Until then, right wingers have 0 credibility.

Go ahead, investigate. Just don't bother us with fake pronouncements until you have actual proof and until courts decide in your favor. Until then, right wingers have 0 credibility.

Kinda like how the left investigated Russia, can we follow that playbook?

People on the Left - TRUMP LOST, GET OVER IT (probably not far from the people on the right in 2016)

People on the Right - We don't think he lost, but we don't know, we want to make sure every vote was legal.

It's astounding to me that people on the winning side, don't want to make 100% sure that they are on the winning side, there are seemingly questions about the software used, instead of shouting THERE IS NO EVIDENCE, why not just simply agree to INVESTIGATE.

You guys spend your days on here shouting down people who want to investigate clamoring that they have no evidence, yet, you were on the exact opposite side of the coin during the Russia and Ukraine investigations....

It's pretty ****ing simple, if there are questions about software and the count, investigate, why would you be against that?
In their hearts, they know that their Elites tried to steal the election. But they are okay with that, since they think it'll get rid of Trump. The very thought that Trump could win causes them to consciously ignore any evidence and outright oppose any efforts to investigate. Hell, they don't even want the courts to consider the issues for fear that Trump will end up winning.

Oh...and, by they, I don't mean Dems. I mean EVERY Trump hater. They are Dems, Reps and Inds.

That includes fake announcements by and about Biden, right?

It's easy to understand because there is no compelling evidence of any fraud, or any other significant problem that hasn't already been dealt with. It's a few disgruntled Trumpists who can't deal with reality. Check the acknowledgement from the rest of the real world for confirmation
It's not dissimilar to the radical right's constant claims that the big reveal of Biden's corruption is coming for months and months but it never seems to come, or an indictment. :rolleyes:

Kinda like how the left investigated Russia, can we follow that playbook?

If you read Mueller report you'd know Russians interfered and that Trump looked for their help and they looked to help Trump. Lots of endictments and convictions happened. More charges can be brought once Trump is no longer shielded by Oval Office.

So far, right wingers have been nothing but liars and Russian investigation proved the accusations were for the most part correct (even if criminal conspiracy has not been proven (yet?) )

Only a fool would trust the stories of Trump or his worshipers.

No need to investigate, Rudy has all of the goods!

We don't listen to liars tilting at windmills with no proof.

Just like in governor's races.

It's easy to understand because there is no compelling evidence of any fraud, or any other significant problem that hasn't already been dealt with. It's a few disgruntled Trumpists who can't deal with reality. Check the acknowledgement from the rest of the real world for confirmation
It's not dissimilar to the radical right's constant claims that the big reveal of Biden's corruption is coming for months and months but it never seems to come, or an indictment. :rolleyes:

Again, why not investigate the claims, did you not want transparency?

We don't listen to liars tilting at windmills with no proof.

Just like in governor's races.

How does one get proof if you are so against investigations?

Do they do what the Democrats did and just make shit up, ie Steele Dossier?

A Trumpist making accusations does not raise "questions" about software any more than a religious person claiming intelligent design is true creates a "questions" about evolution. You are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is not entitled to weight.

This whole thing is so stupid. You spent months telling us you would claim fraud of Trump lost. Trump lost. You claimed fraud as to just about everything imaginable. Now you're on software.

And this is supposed to convincing?

For me it's the common belief held by consumers of conservative media that American cities are in flames.

I was in both Seattle and Portland in September. I couldn't find a single building burned down. Or burning, for that matter. I stayed by accident in Portland near the epicenter of the protests. Wandered over to an ATM near the hotel. It was only when I checked out and looked up the location in my truck that I discovered that I missed the epicenter by about a block during my walk.

His could I have walked by all those burned out buildings? Because there weren't any burned out buildings. Graffiti mostly, and broken windows, and not even that many of those.

So if your media's portrayal of the burning of American cities is bullshit, why should we believe anything else they say?

There's not much reason to investigate, most of the accusations are just made up and endlessly repeated. But there will be recounts and such, so it should be handled during that period. Mostly, the "massive voter fraud" thing was just an excused that was queued up months before the election to explain Trump's inevitable loss. I don't buy the Trumpeteer narrative because they've been trying to sell it for so long now.

A Trumpist making accusations does not raise "questions" about software any more than a religious person claiming intelligent design is true creates a "questions" about evolution. You are entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is not entitled to weight.

This whole thing is so stupid. You spent months telling us you would claim fraud of Trump lost. Trump lost. You claimed fraud as to just about everything imaginable. Now you're on software.

And this is supposed to convincing?

You know it's not a claim, it was PROVEN that the software or the ballot caused it to switch votes.....so the question is, if it happened to one, how many more using that same software could it happen to, why would you NOT want to know that?

Did Hillary Clinton ask for this in 2016? FFS, it's already provable nonsense. There is no conspiracy from the left. Give me one legitimate shred of compelling evidence, meaning not from a disgruntled crier on the internet. Remember, the software/human errors have been corrected.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rumor-alert-dominion-voting-systems-fraud-claims/

Tell me if you can find the problem in your snopes link,

"

Did a software glitch cause thousands of Republican votes to be marked for Democrats in Georgia? A human error resulted in a temporary miscalculation in Antrim County, Georgia, but this issue was quickly remedied.

One of the most prevalent voter fraud claims to emerge in the days following the election was the accusation that a computer glitch in a software program from Dominion Voting Systems had mistakenly counted thousands of votes for President Trump as votes for President Biden. This claim was based on a half-truth: a tabulation error did occur in Antrim County, but the problem was a result of a human error, and the mistake was quickly caught and corrected.

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson disputed claims of deliberate election fraud in a statement:

In response to the false claims made by Republican National Committee chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, the Michigan Department of State issues the following statements of fact:
"

Again, why not investigate the claims, did you not want transparency?

Another thing, do you actually think a recount that still proves that Biden won will satisfy and stop the radical right from claiming that the recount is also a fraud? How many recounts will they have to do? C'mon man!

You know it's not a claim, it was PROVEN that the software or the ballot caused it to switch votes.....so the question is, if it happened to one, how many more using that same software could it happen to, why would you NOT want to know that?
It was also quickly caught and would have been caught in the canvass had it not been caught there. It was human error, not machine error. So it's not an issue with the machines or the software and was easily spotted and remedied.

This is the only thing of merit that the right has going for it in terms of "voter fraud" and it's a nothing-burger. Found and fixed.

But we will have recounts and Trump will sue to his hearts content. But y'all have until December 14, just over a month, as that's when the Electoral College will cast its votes for President.

Tell me if you can find the problem in your snopes link,

"

Did a software glitch cause thousands of Republican votes to be marked for Democrats in Georgia? A human error resulted in a temporary miscalculation in Antrim County, Georgia, but this issue was quickly remedied.

One of the most prevalent voter fraud claims to emerge in the days following the election was the accusation that a computer glitch in a software program from Dominion Voting Systems had mistakenly counted thousands of votes for President Trump as votes for President Biden. This claim was based on a half-truth: a tabulation error did occur in Antrim County, but the problem was a result of a human error, and the mistake was quickly caught and corrected.

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson disputed claims of deliberate election fraud in a statement:

"

It was acknowledged and rectified! What are you saying!?

Another thing, do you actually think a recount that still proves that Biden won will satisfy and stop the radical right from claiming that the recount is also a fraud? How many recounts will they have to do? C'mon man!
No, no matter what, so long as Biden still wins, they'll be bitching. They'll switch up their narrative when they run one into the ground, but it will be a never ending cycle of story generation and regurgitation.

I think it goes a long way to satisfy the majority of those who voted for Trump, I don't think you will ever satisfy the vocal crazy nutbars.....but you had 70 million people vote for Trump, if you think that all 70 million are nutbars, then nothing anyone says will ever convice you otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom