• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Interesting new PDW design... THOR A1

US Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The THOR A1 is a weapon like no other. It holds 50 rounds of 5.56x45mm and delivers the punch of a rifle in the dimensions of a PDW. With the simple press of a button the THOR brings buttstock and foregrip into firing position and delivers 100% CRISAT body armor penetration.

All this is possible due to an innovative new layout, enabled by the "cMAG", a magazine that's curved around the pistolgrip and the "Hammer of THOR", a bolt that moves up and down to reduce recoil and increase the rate of fire.

The THOR A1 can be carried in a holster like a big pistol and quickly drawn and used in CQB. For more stability the springloaded buttstock and foregrip can be opened with the press of a single button.
iPeg - I, Pascal Eggert

pic1.jpg

ani.gif

pic9.jpg

Impressive design, even if its still in the experimental phase. Fascinating magazine assembly, and in 5.56. I dig the cooling capability as well.

Let's see what the reliability and durability is like. I am rarely impressed much by such things this early in their development.

And even a rifle-pistol combination is nothing new really.

ArtilleryStock.jpg

All to often, I find that many "new ideas" are really just recreations of old ones.

Let's see what the reliability and durability is like. I am rarely impressed much by such things this early in their development.

And even a rifle-pistol combination is nothing new really.

ArtilleryStock.jpg

All to often, I find that many "new ideas" are really just recreations of old ones.

The shoulder stocked luger was a great idea, if not always practical. One of the fascinating things about weapons development is you never know which ideas will end up working well and which wont. Theres conjecture and reality.

I am quite impressed by the artistic design, marketing layout and technology in the said design. I have little faith in its ability as a practical military weapon however.

The length of the top rail provides a very short front sight radius and should extend further down the barrel. Otherwise, an optic should be a standard feature.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1064564834 said:
The length of the top rail provides a very short front sight radius and should extend further down the barrel. Otherwise, an optic should be a standard feature.

Think the sight radius is short because thats a suppressor attached, a red dot would be appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom