• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Interesting data on case counts in the US and a number of other developed countries.

Noodlegawd

Somebody you used to know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Am I color blind or are the UK and Belgium really difficult to tell apart?

Interesting data on death counts in the US and a number of other countries, incl developed.

Compared to the OP graphed countries, how does the US compare?

OP-fail. Like, totally.

Interesting data on death counts in the US and a number of other countries, incl developed.

OP-fail. Like, totally.

What do you think you're proving?

What do you think I was trying to prove?

OP-fail. Like, totally.
Whoo hoo, high score! We're number one! No more masks on airplanes or in restaurants!

Dumb.

What do you think you're proving?

What do you think I was trying to prove?

Your implication is that more cases are indicative of the worst. I'm saying that a higher rate of death is a worse than a higher rate of cases. Which do you think is worse? Or, please clarify yourself.

Your implication is that more cases are indicative of the worst. I'm saying that a higher rate of death is a worse than a higher rate of cases. Which do you think is worse? Or, please clarify yourself.

A lower case rate, despite having a higher death rate, weighs in favor of individual choice.

That would be like arguing Ebola is worse than Covid...

I mean, Eboka kills a vastly higher rate of people, but Covid has disrupted the planet in a way Ebola never has imagined and killed vastly more people... so which is "worse"

OP-fail. Like, totally.
A surge in cases and yet Biden feels the need to lift Title 42....

OP-fail. Like, totally.
Death counts just show how out of shape and sick Americans are. No exercise, no sun, eating fast foods, grossly overweight.

Along with free Biden phones. To track them, of course. I guess phones are cheaper than ankle bracelets?

Death counts just show how out of shape and sick Americans are. No exercise, no sun, eating fast foods, grossly overweight.

Very interesting. Every single country you show in your graph has a higher case rate than the presumably less healthy US ("No exercise, no sun, eating fast foods, grossly overweight."), but not a single one has a higher death rate. How do you explain that?

OP-fail.

Very interesting. Every single country you show in your graph has a higher case rate than the presumably less healthy US ("No exercise, no sun, eating fast foods, grossly overweight."), but not a single one has a higher death rate. How do you explain that?

OP-fail.
Case rates mean little in relation to how many die. Lots of people never go in and lots are misdiagnosed with the lousy testing. Some areas test more.

PS. This is not my OP.

Last edited:
A lower case rate, despite having a higher death rate, weighs in favor of individual choice.

So that, IYO, that a lower case-rate "weighs in favor of individual choice" is therefore better despite having a higher death rate?

That would be like arguing Ebola is worse than Covid...

I mean, Eboka kills a vastly higher rate of people, but Covid has disrupted the planet in a way Ebola never has imagined and killed vastly more people... so which is "worse"

My reasoning is that a higher rate of sickness is worse than a higher rate of death for the same sickness when comparing the US to the countries in question. Ebola is not in question and thus is of no relevance to refute what I say. If you disagree, what is your reasoning?

The OP is highlighting the fact of the US having a LOW new case rate among the countries graphed. LOW rate. The surge in cases come mostly from the NE of the US. Mostly from the NE of the US. NOT from along the southern border. NOT from along the southern border. Normally, I would ask for false claim-makers like yourself to provide the proof that is your burden, rather than me provide the facts of refutation which is not my burden. I don't need to disprove. You need to prove. But then cons tend to give me and others who deal with facts the runaround. It takes too long. You deal out mis/disinformation because you can't debate the facts. Go away.

Case rates mean little in relation to how many die. Lots of people never go in and lots are misdiagnosed with the lousy testing. Some areas test more.

PS. This is not my OP.

All I'm saying is that case rates don't matter as much as death rates do in this comparison. In the graph shown, we are best in case rates. Worst, with the add'l info I gave, among the same countries in death rates. As a country, which would you rather be?

Thx for the correction.

So that, IYO, that a lower case-rate "weighs in favor of individual choice" is therefore better despite having a higher death rate?

The higher death rate is largely a result of the US having a lower vaccination rate (it's obviously not because of a higher case rate).

The lower vaccination rate is the result of individuals taking their own risk decision regarding whether to get vaccinated to protect THEMSELVES. The fact that our case rate is lower despite there being a lower vaccination rate is a factor weighing against vaccine mandates as a measure to protect OTHERS.

All I'm saying is that case rates don't matter as much as death rates do in this comparison. In the graph shown, we are best in case rates. Worst, with the add'l info I gave, among the same countries in death rates. As a country, which would you rather be?

Thx for the correction.

All other things being equal, I'd rather be the country in which people get to decide what risks they will take with their own health, rather than having that dictated to them by the government.

All other things being equal, I'd rather be the country in which people get to decide what risks they will take with their own health, rather than having that dictated to them by the government.
I guess if people are so dumb they prefer to risk serious injury and death over a life-saving vaccine, more power to them.

Like being dictated that you must stop at a red light, such dictate being for yours and others health and safety.

Back
Top Bottom