• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Interesting circular

Hoplite

Technomancer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ok...I just got this in a circular email and I'm trying to decide if this should be filed under the "Poe" category or not.

Students, give this test to your teachers. When they fail it, ask them why they are teaching this nonsense!

Teachers, give this test to your students if you really want them to know the truth about evolution!

1. Which evolved first, male or female?
2. How many millions of years elapsed between the first male and first female?
3. List at least 9 of the false assumptions made with radioactive dating methods.
4. Why hasn't any extinct creature re-evolved after millions of years?
5. Which came first:
...the eye,
...the eyelid,
...the eyebrow,
...the eye sockets,
...the eye muscles,
...the eye lashes,
...the tear ducts,
...the brain's interpretation of light?
6. How many millions of years between each in question 5?
7. If we all evolved from a common ancestor, why can't all the different species mate with one another and produce fertile offspring?
8. List any of the millions of creatures in just five stages of its evolution showing the progression of a new organ of any kind. When you have done this, you can collect the millions of dollars in rewards offered for proof of evolution!
9. Why is it that the very things that would prove Evolution (transitional forms) are still missing?
10. Explain why something as complex as human life could happen by chance, but something as simple as a coin must have a creator. (Show your math solution.)
11. Why aren't any fossils or coal or oil being formed today?
12. List 50 vestigial or useless organs or appendages in the human body.
13. Why hasn't anyone collected the millions of dollars in rewards for proof of evolution?
14. If life began hundreds of millions of years ago, why is the earth still under populated?
15. Why hasn't evolution duplicated all species on all continents?

1. Which evolved first, male or female?

2. How many millions of years elapsed between the first male and first female?[/quote]

Neither, probably. Specialized genders likely evolved from a hermaphroditic organism

3. List at least 9 of the false assumptions made with radioactive dating methods.

This isn't a question

4. Why hasn't any extinct creature re-evolved after millions of years?

There's no reason why this couldn't happen, the odds are astronomical, though. Speciation takes millions of years. In order for the above scenario to occur, a species' ancestor would have to stay unchanged as a part of its population becomes its own species and goes extinct. The ancestor species, which had at that point stagnated genetically for millions of years, would then have to take the same evolutionary path to produce the extinct organism again. Very unlikely, but not impossible

5. Which came first:
...the eye,
...the eyelid,
...the eyebrow,
...the eye sockets,
...the eye muscles,
...the eye lashes,
...the tear ducts,
...the brain's interpretation of light?

6. How many millions of years between each in question 5?

I'll point you to wikipedia's article on the evolution of the eye

I don't know why that question comes up so much, the eye's evolution is fairly straightforward. FTA

500px-Diagram_of_eye_evolution.svg.png

The skeletal and muscular constructs around the eye in parallel with the increasingly complex structure of the eye

7. If we all evolved from a common ancestor, why can't all the different species mate with one another and produce fertile offspring?

Many different reasons chemical and genetic. Differing numbers of chromosomes is the simplest. It takes a lot to make fertile offspring, even members of the same species fail to do so regularly

8. List any of the millions of creatures in just five stages of its evolution showing the progression of a new organ of any kind. When you have done this, you can collect the millions of dollars in rewards offered for proof of evolution!

I'm not sure what this is asking. There are living species of worms that exhibit various complexity in all major organ systems. You can see the evolution of any of these by looking at different worm species

9. Why is it that the very things that would prove Evolution (transitional forms) are still missing?

"Transitional form" doesn't really mean anything, because all species are constantly evolving. We are all "transitional forms". If this question is supposed to mean fossils that illustrate the transition from less complex to more complex species, they abound

List of transitional fossils

10. Explain why something as complex as human life could happen by chance, but something as simple as a coin must have a creator. (Show your math solution.)

A coin is a poor example. It's just a chunk of metal with a pattern on it. And I agree that the chances of life arising spontaneously are mind-bogglingly small. It happened, though, and it only had to happen once. Probability has no bearing on that fact

11. Why aren't any fossils or coal or oil being formed today?

They are...

12. List 50 vestigial or useless organs or appendages in the human body.

I'm not sure that there are 50, and am unsure why that number in particular is important. If you want proof that it happens, though....male nipples

13. Why hasn't anyone collected the millions of dollars in rewards for proof of evolution?

I am unsure what reward this references, but if it hasn't been given out I suspect dishonesty on the part of those who offer it. Even if we completely ignore the overwhelming proof that the fossil record provides, evolution has been directly observed in the lab. In 2008 Richard Lenski published a paper on a twenty year experiment during which e coli bacteria evolved to metabolize citrate (a defining characteristic of e coli is that it cannot metabolize citrate)

14. If life began hundreds of millions of years ago, why is the earth still under populated?

What does this even mean?

15. Why hasn't evolution duplicated all species on all continents?

Why would it? The factors that produced Giant Pandas in China (an abundance of bamboo, no predators) are specific to China. Thinking that pandas should evolve in brazil just because they did in China reveals a fundamental lack of understanding of evolution

Last edited:
Now I kinda wish I knew who wrote the original so I could actually send them your post :D

I am unsure what reward this references, but if it hasn't been given out I suspect dishonesty on the part of those who offer it. Even if we completely ignore the overwhelming proof that the fossil record provides, evolution has been directly observed in the lab. In 2008 Richard Lenski published a paper on a twenty year experiment during which e coli bacteria evolved to metabolize citrate (a defining characteristic of e coli is that it cannot metabolize citrate)

I suspect that the 'reward' refers to Kent Hovind's offer, in which he implies that evolution is a religion because no-one can show him proof that "Time, space and matter came into existence by themselves" - apparently that's part of what 'evolution' encompasses, now.

Back
Top Bottom