• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Intelligent Design

and by the way..

if there is no evolution..

explain the dinosaurs.

yellowcake said:
Darwinian Theory of natural selection and evolution is being proven every day. You CAN hold the remains of cro magnon and neandertal man in your hands.. measure.. evaluate and speculate on concrete evidence. there are methods of studying culture, weaponry, and rituals that show levels of evolution, once man became self aware.. get a book; read. it is a science that is still evolving itself; but the evidence is irrefutable. the bible is a story.. with no evidence that can be quantified in any way shape or form.
you are trying to provide evidence of something that is purely an idea.. one born of man's inadequacies and need to be without blame for his shortcomings... know what you are.. accept it. and you will thrive.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Evolution(the origin of man) cannot, I repeat cannot be 100% scientifically proven. You are providing a "theory" than mans existance was by series of "chance".

yellowcake said:
and by the way..

if there is no evolution..

explain the dinosaurs.

Simple. God created created them.(Day 6 in the creation process in the book of Genesis).

Shoey said:
My question does have a answer but you can't answer it. Nobody here thats believes in evolution when it comes to the origin of man can find its beginning, or WHO created man.

Your question only has an answer if you already believe in a diety. Otherwise it is a nonsensical question.

Shoey said:
You don't believe Adam existed but yet in the book of Genesis God mentions the Tigris and Euphrates river, which still exists today.

Based on that criteria, The Illiad is perfectly factual, then. As is every Tom Clancy novel. As is every story that has ever mentioned anything that we know exists. I guess that means that almost everything ever written is true. Wow, Santa really does exist, after all, he live at the north pole, and has reindeer, both of which exist.

Shoey said:
Evolution is naturalistic effort to account for the origin and development of the universe. That view begins with the ASSUMPTION that there is no personal, Divine creator who made and fashioned the world,

Not quite. It came about from looking at the evidence, and coming up with an explanation based on that. There is no evidence for a supernatural creator.

Shoey said:
rather, everything came into existence by a series of chance happenings that occured billions of years ago. "Chance" is NOT 100% scientific proof!!!

Well, you finally said something that I can't dispute. True, chance is not proof. Evidence comes from genetics, biology, paleontology and multiple other fields of study. Chance is not evidence.

Shoey said:
And you can't provide 100% scientific proof where man originated from. Go spend more money updating your polluted evolution text books. I not need to update the Bible. :D

Seeing as you cannot supply 100% scientific proof for Genesis, or anything else in the Bible, then, according to your criteria, the Bible must also be a polluted text.

tecoyah said:
OK...I simply cant resist anymore. You are asking for "100% scientific proof", and continuously argue the ignorance of others by quoting a book that has no chance whatsoever of meeting the criteria you place on others. I will now requst YOUR PROOFS
, knowing full well it is impossible for you to provide them.
At the same time I will throw you the perverbial Bone......science cannot provide 100% proof of the origin of Humankind, nor has it EVER claimed to have said proof. It does however, have a couple working theories that hold up pretty well under the microscope, in fact, I believe we have attempted (in several threads) to provide a small portion of it for you....only to be ignored.

Now....Show us the indisputable proof of Gods hand in this......and please meet your own defined criteria:

100% Scientific Proof

Neither side can provide 100% scientific proof when it comes to the origin of man. I believe I was created by God in His own image and likeness. You believe somehow you were born of "chance" happenings that occured billions of years ago. Until evolutionists can provide 100& scientific proof as to the origin of man, this will always be debated as this has since the 18th century.
I have provided Biblical facts which many of you evolutionists chose to ignore.
Example: The book of Genesis mentions the land of Israel, Egypt, the Tigrus and Euphrates river which still exists today. Why you chose to ignore God created the Earth blows my mind.

Last edited:
MrFungus420 said:
Seeing as you cannot supply 100% scientific proof for Genesis, or anything else in the Bible, then, according to your criteria, the Bible must also be a polluted text.

Does Egypt, Israel, the Tigrus and Euphrates river exists today? Provide some pulluted scripture for me. And again evolution can't 100% scientifically proove
the origin of man. :) Keep tryin....

no "one" entity outside of base evolution created man...

1.8 MYA modern man appeared, when the puntuated genetic mutation form Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens occured. The evolution of H. Erectus to H. Sapiens created self awareness, language acquisition, and time binding behaviors. This branched out to Cro Magnon and Neandertals.

Archeaological evidence of self awareness EXISTS and includes..

1. ritualistic burial.. To bury the dead you must have some conception of an "afterlife".. to have a conception of what will happen after death; one must be self aware.

2. adornment on clothing... You must have a sense of self to find something aesthetically pleasing.

3. tool making... extensive work went into tool making.. that would constitute art work. This goes along with #2 in that you must be self aware to find something aesthetically pleasing.

4. excavating remains.. Our ancestors would dig up the skulls of their dead approximately 1 year after the first burial. This constitutes time binding behavior which in itself is indicitive of self awareness.

5. care for the ill... Our ancestors also provided long term care for their ill or incapacitated. This indicates self awareness again - because it places value on life itself.

There is your scientific evidence..

Now please.. go away.

and about day 6...

if all the creatures on our planet were created in one day.. why did they exist sporadically; and with genetic ties to each other?

Shoey said:
Neither side can provide 100% scientific proof when it comes to the origin of man. I believe I was created by God in His own image and likeness. You believe somehow you were born of "chance" happenings that occured billions of years ago. Until evolutionists can provide 100& scientific proof as to the origin of man, this will always be debated as this has since the 18th century.
I have provided Biblical facts which many of you evolutionists chose to ignore.

No, you have quoted what the Bible says. And you seem to think that the Bible proves itself. You have not given any facts.

Shoey said:
Example: The book of Genesis mentions the land of Israel, Egypt, the Tigrus and Euphrates river which still exists today. Why you chose to ignore God created the Earth blows my mind.

Like I said, the Illiad also has references to actual places, as do most stories ever written. That doesn't make them true. Tom Sawyer talks about America and the Mississippi River, so, applying your logic, it is a true story. Also applying your logic, like I pointed out, the story of Sant Claus must be true since the north pole and reindeer exist.

yellowcake said:
no "one" entity outside of base evolution created man...

1.8 MYA modern man appeared, when the puntuated genetic mutation form Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens occured. The evolution of H. Erectus to H. Sapiens created self awareness, language acquisition, and time binding behaviors. This branched out to Cro Magnon and Neandertals.

You call this evidence? 1.8 MYA man appeared( by chance happening).
Again, you cannot provide 100%v scientific proof where man originted from so quit trying.

Archeaological evidence of self awareness EXISTS and includes..

1. ritualistic burial.. To bury the dead you must have some conception of an "afterlife".. to have a conception of what will happen after death; one must be self aware.

2. adornment on clothing... You must have a sense of self to find something aesthetically pleasing.

3. tool making... extensive work went into tool making.. that would constitute art work. This goes along with #2 in that you must be self aware to find something aesthetically pleasing.

4. excavating remains.. Our ancestors would dig up the skulls of their dead approximately 1 year after the first burial. This constitutes time binding behavior which in itself is indicitive of self awareness.

5. care for the ill... Our ancestors also provided long term care for their ill or incapacitated. This indicates self awareness again - because it places value on life itself.

There is your scientific evidence..

Now please.. go away.

Again, you cannot provide 100% scientific proof where man originted from so quit trying.

Shoey said:
Again, you cannot provide 100% scientific proof where man originted from so quit trying.

As opposed to your argument, which consists of just saying that God did it, without any evidence whatsoever.

yellowcake said:
and about day 6...

if all the creatures on our planet were created in one day.. why did they exist sporadically; and with genetic ties to each other?

When you can answer how long a "day is" in Gods time then maybe I just might be able to answer that question. I can tell you this as fact that a "day" in Gods time surely isn't 24 hours.

oh, but i did. i described it in some detail.

if you are referring to man's spirituality; i believe that all organic creatures in the universe are linked.. spiritually. all things that have life are linked. the whole of that connectedness may or may not be your "god".. but, either way.. the bible is just a story. it is your pacifier.. it is your way to dismiss the reality of your animal instincts.

not accepting any part of yourself, mentally, physically or spiritually will in the end mean you loose.

you are an animal.. just like your dog.

deal with it.

MrFungus420 said:
As opposed to your argument, which consists of just saying that God did it, without any evidence whatsoever.

You have no evidence so you have no point. :D Where's your evidence as to who created man. You have none. :D

"a day in god's time" bears no relavance on the arguement.. how long it took "god" to create something does not dismiss the fact that it was done being created before life here began.. within your postulate.

and time here.. is a reality; and can be measured. as genetic links can.

nope.

don't work.

yellowcake said:
oh, but i did. i described it in some detail.

if you are referring to man's spirituality; i believe that all organic creatures in the universe are linked.. spiritually. all things that have life are linked. the whole of that connectedness may or may not be your "god".. but, either way.. the bible is just a story. it is your pacifier.. it is your way to dismiss the reality of your animal instincts.

not accepting any part of yourself, mentally, physically or spiritually will in the end mean you loose.

you are an animal.. just like your dog.

deal with it.

Dude, no need for personal attacks. If your upset I don't accept Darnuts theory of evolution(the origin of man) then so be it.
1) Mankind:
A) Is a spirit
B) Lives in a body
C) Possesses a soul(mind, will and emotions)

We can debate but if you toss another personal attack I have no choice but to report you to the mods here at this great forum.

Last edited:
first of all.. i am not a dude.

secondly; i did not attack you.. i merely pointed out a truth. i do not see comparing a human to a dog as an attack; merely a reality.

Shoey said:
When you can answer how long a "day is" in Gods time then maybe I just might be able to answer that question. I can tell you this as fact that a "day" in Gods time surely isn't 24 hours.

Really? Where did you get this "fact"?

interesting..

as soon as a sound arguement is presented.. one that you cannot refute... one based in ultimate truth..

i must be reported?

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Shoey said:
You have no evidence so you have no point. :D Where's your evidence as to who created man. You have none. :D

Because there is no "who". As I said, your question is nonsensical.

oh.. and another thing.

mind exists in all animals.. it is the degree of evolving that differs.

will exists in all animals.

emotion; to some degree exists in all animals.

in short; spiritually links us all.

man is differentiated by self awareness.. and self awareness alone. not god.

To Shoey:

evolution works in the lab. It has helped us make numerous genetic, biological and medical discoveries. I don't understand how this could not convince you. All of modern biology is based on evolution and certainly makes a lot more sense than using some mythological biblical story that I really find no different from the Grimms fairy tales (except with historical value).

Shoey said:
My question does have a answer but you can't answer it. Nobody here thats believes in evolution when it comes to the origin of man can find its beginning, or WHO created man. You don't believe Adam existed but yet in the book of Genesis God mentions the Tigris and Euphrates river, which still exists today. Evolution is naturalistic effort to account for the origin and development of the universe. That view begins with the ASSUMPTION that there is no personal, Divine creator who made and fashioned the world, rather, everything came into existence by a series of chance happenings that occured billions of years ago. "Chance" is NOT 100% scientific proof!!!
Please stop, and for the love of Moses read the freaking posts.

Shoey said:
And you can't provide 100% scientific proof where man originated from.
Provide 100% proof that we weren't created last Thursday, and our memories from before then have been fabricated. Provide 100% proof that you even exist, I've never seen you, maybe everyone is just is just fragment of my imagination. Provide 100% evidence that Asia even exists, or if earth exists, I've never seen them either.

Provide 100% evidence that the Bible is true.

Shoey said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Evolution(the origin of man) cannot, I repeat cannot be 100% scientifically proven. You are providing a "theory" than mans existance was by series of "chance".
Prove otherwise.

Shoey said:
Simple. God created created them.(Day 6 in the creation process in the book of Genesis).
Prove it.

Shoey said:
Neither side can provide 100% scientific proof when it comes to the origin of man.
Nope, but one side (the Bible) has 0% proof and the other (evolution) has 99% proof. So what the Hell, lets go with evolution.

Shoey said:
Does Egypt, Israel, the Tigrus and Euphrates river exists today?
Good freaking job. If the Bible has information about rivers that exist then of course it's true. So I can write something that mentions rivers that exist and it will be true too!

The Tigrus and Euphrates rivers exist, and so all that is in this paragraph must be true! Chocolate tastes like peanut butter and Asia doesn't exist! and this is true because I mentioned two existing rivers in my paragraph!!!!

Shoey said:
Give me any evidence at all for any opposing theories.

Shoey said:
Where does it say that in the Bible eh?

Shoey said:
Where's your evidence as to who created man. You have none.
1) Who cares, it isn't an explicit part of the theory of evolution.

2) There is no evidence to the contrary, and there is a lot of evidence for the origin of man.

3) Dude, I'm sorry, but you suck. Why would you post in a Forum and then refuse to read all of the posts, and refuse to evaluate any data or evidence.

You're being a dick.

Yellow Cake said:
interesting..

as soon as a sound arguement is presented.. one that you cannot refute... one based in ultimate truth..

i must be reported?

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Like I said before.

:argue How in the world did this turn into a discussion of god?:argue
:argue Two opposing parties who both think that the other side :argue
is 100% wrong? I mean sure it has a little to do with god
but jeeze...an entire thread about intelligent design wasted
on a futile arguement of god? We have another couple threads for that in the religion-phylosophy section...​

Back
Top Bottom