• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Intelligent Design gets the smackdown it deserves

Blizzard Warrior said:
Firstly, your taking a VERY literal view of genesis, I personally am not in the right position to comment on that from neither a theological nor a scientific point of view. NEVERTHELESS, I found this great site that explains the seven days of creation:

http://www.kiva.net/~kls/page2.html

That's an interesting complaint.

If Genesis isn't taken literally, if you're saying the Bible isn't the absolute truth through and through, if you're going to pretend the Bible is a cafeteria, why would anyone take the moldy lima beans called "Mary was a virgin"?

And if Mary wasn't unpoked, Jesus is just another human.

Why do you think the ID's are so insistent that their religion be presented as a counter to real science? Because if people start believing in how things really happened, they won't believe that fairy tale in Genesis, and eventually, they'll stop being Christians altogether. I enjoy the smell of panic IDer's bring to the table.

Re: Intelligent Design gets the smack down it deserves

Red-Phase said:
Intelligent Design gets the smack down it deserves=bible bashing

LOL

Ultra-religious wackos try and put a dress on religion and force it into science class even though it is in no way science and get caught red handed and fail to fulfill their evil plot, and that is Bible-Bashing?

What a joke that is.

Red-Phase said:
Yes it should be taunt in college instead.Under its own course.
Should be optional.No science class(or any) though should talk agianst ID either to be fair.In high school there should be a religion classes.(to be fair but I don't believe in islam but if there are Christian classes there have to be others too)

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.
Taunt? LOL, I'm sure wise educators already know to taunt this fallacy of science.

Red-Phase said:
Yes it should be taunt in college instead.Under its own course.
Should be optional.No science class(or any) though should talk agianst ID either to be fair.In high school there should be a religion classes.(to be fair but I don't believe in islam but if there are Christian classes there have to be others too)

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Sorry to have to tell you this but......Most college classes are more than ten minutes long.....and tend to have quite a bit to teach, A college course on I.D. would be hard pressed to last more than an hour in its entirety. Unless it decided to become a religious studies course on Creation....that could easily last two or three days. As for talking "Against" I.D., well by its very nature any science class will be forced to debunk the concept, simply by its very existance. Biology, Cosmology,....name it, virtually every field would add a nail to the coffin.

Red-Phase said:
To be fair science CANNOT talk about anti-ID period.

What's "fair" about that? Discussion of superstition has a place in science, since science is the refutation of superstition. ID is a wonderful example of how something can pose as a theory, fool lots of people, sell a bunch of books, get the government involved to the point of being a national issue, and still be totally wrong because it's not scientific theory, it's superstition....er religion.

shuamort said:
Really? Most of the proponents of the ID claim that it isn't based on any Christian ideal.

Of course, if they said that, they'd lose half their audience and all of their poltical support, and they'd get booted out of court with a scornful comment from the judge. Oh, wait, that last happened already, because he wasn't fooled either.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Of course, if they said that, they'd lose half their audience and all of their poltical support, and they'd get booted out of court with a scornful comment from the judge. Oh, wait, that last happened already, because he wasn't fooled either.

HRMPH!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH...... IM TELLING JESUS ON YOU!
JESUS, HE IS BIBLE BASHING!

YOUR GONNA GET IT NOW!

The whole idea of teaching ID in science class is just offensively stupid. Science is the act of going out and looking for answers, and proving those answers correct, not saying "God did it!" and going home.

Back
Top Bottom