• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Intelligence on Russian bounty plot was included in the President's Daily Brief earlier this year...

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Intelligence on Russian bounty plot was included in the President's Daily Brief earlier this year, source says

CNN said:
(CNN)The intelligence that assessed there was an effort by a Russian military intelligence unit to pay the Taliban to kill US soldiers was included in one of President Donald Trump's daily briefings on intelligence matters sometime in the spring, according to a US official with direct knowledge of the latest information.

That assessment, the source said, was backed up by "several pieces of information" that supported the view that there was an effort by the Russian intelligence unit -- the GRU -- to pay bounties to kill US soldiers, including interrogation of Taliban detainees and electronic eavesdropping. The source said there was some other information that did not corroborate this view but said, nonetheless, '"This was a big deal. When it's about US troops you go after it 100%, with everything you got."
The New York Times reported Monday night that the intelligence had been included in a written version of the President's Daily Brief in late February....

Yeah, no collusion.... :2brickwal

Just because Mueller didn't have a prosecuteable case, doesn't mean Trump isn't a bought Russian asset. Clearly he is. I can't imagine it happening, but him being impeached, removed, tried and executed by firing squad would be too good for him, IMO. He needs gone, this is outrageous!:stop:

We'll probably never know about it for sure, but some "US official with direct knowledge of the latest information" will probably find his life has gotten very uncomfortable...and rightfully so.

The American people should not tolerate traitors who leak classified intel for political purposes.

So, Trump and company cozy up to Putin and Russia, and news breaks out saying that Russia had bounties on US soldiers and that the Trump administration was briefed on it, but yet continued his admiration of Putin, and that makes the person who leaked the news a "traitor"?

Whose side are you on?

So, Trump and company cozy up to Putin and Russia, and news breaks out saying that Russia had bounties on US soldiers and that the Trump administration was briefed on it, but yet continued his admiration of Putin, and that makes the person who leaked the news a "traitor"?

Whose side are you on?

Trump has never cozied up to Putin and Russia.

Seriously...haven't you started thinking for yourself yet? Or are you still a slave to the anti Trump media?

In any case, yes...I consider ANYONE who deliberately leaks classified intel without authorization to be a traitor. Furthermore, I consider any Americans who aid and abet that traitor to be accessories to the crime of treason. (that would be virtually ALL of the mainstream media and their entire echo chamber)

Trump has never cozied up to Putin and Russia.

Seriously...haven't you started thinking for yourself yet? Or are you still a slave to the anti Trump media?

In any case, yes...I consider ANYONE who deliberately leaks classified intel without authorization to be a traitor. Furthermore, I consider any Americans who aid and abet that traitor to be accessories to the crime of treason. (that would be virtually ALL of the mainstream media and their entire echo chamber)

Nah, me thinks you're getting your pants all tangled up because the leaked intel happens to paint a negative picture about Trump, who I assume, you adamantly adore. So, like a rabid dog, you lash out at those who leaked the intel, and all of mainstream media apparently, whose job is to simply report on this.

Nah, me thinks you're getting your pants all tangled up because the leaked intel happens to paint a negative picture about Trump, who I assume, you adamantly adore. So, like a rabid dog, you lash out at those who leaked the intel, and all of mainstream media apparently, whose job is to simply report on this.

I find it pathetic that you characterize support for the rule of law as "getting your pants all tangled up". I find it insulting that you would consider a person who supports the rule of law to be a "rabid dog".

So, like a rabid, rioting anarchist, you blindly and vociferously support traitors who would willingly damage YOUR country simply because it will "paint a negative picture about Trump".

You should be ashamed to consider yourself an American (if you even do).

I find it pathetic that you characterize support for the rule of law as "getting your pants all tangled up". I find it insulting that you would consider a person who supports the rule of law to be a "rabid dog".

So, like a rabid, rioting anarchist, you blindly and vociferously support traitors who would willingly damage YOUR country simply because it will "paint a negative picture about Trump".

Give it a rest. You don't care if Trump knew about bounties on American heads and did nothing, because you lick Trump's boots. You will blame it all on the media, the people that leaked the intelligence, etc, and then pathetically talk about how it's un-American to point out the fact. You cater to those who put national security in danger.

Last edited:
All the facts are not presented yet, and there are already 3 threads from the rabid liberals.

The pentagon needs to step up and give some details.

All the facts are not presented yet, and there are already 3 threads from the rabid liberals.

The pentagon needs to step up and give some details.

They have, they are denying it. They had an active investigation to confirm or deny that it was the case. Going to be pretty tough to investigate it now.

We'll probably never know about it for sure, but some "US official with direct knowledge of the latest information" will probably find his life has gotten very uncomfortable...and rightfully so.

The American people should not tolerate traitors who leak classified intel for political purposes.

So, it really is more important to Trumpsters like you that Trump take revenge on someone who embarrassed him. More important than our troops.

Got it.

They have, they are denying it. They had an active investigation to confirm or deny that it was the case. Going to be pretty tough to investigate it now.

BS.

They aren’t “investigating” anything.

It was in the PDB. They already know.

So do the Russians. They’ve know all along that the Americans knew and weren’t doing anything about it.

Even the WSJ, which is Murdoch media, is covering it. A year ago, thisxstory would have been stuffed inside the paper and ignored on the editorial page.

Not anymore.

Trump is on track to be the first Republican potus since I don't know who to lose the military vote for president.

Trump was almost 10 points underwater in the December annual Pentagon approved survey of active duty military personnel in favorable/unfavorable. That was a 13 point swing to the negative from Trump's standing in the November 2016 survey done annually by Military Times - Syracuse U Veterans Center.

Trump in December was only a few points away from dropping into the Obama bright red unfavorable zone of the survey where no Potus has gone before OB went there. So you're pissing up a rope Mycroft with your political nonsense and drivel about treason. Trump needs to be outed across the board and the louder the Putin Trump Rowers shout against it the better.

And Trump fighting to get Russian back in the G7, saying he believes their intelligence over his own. What a pathetic joke of a man. What a ****ing traitorous scumbag.

So, it really is more important to Trumpsters like you that Trump take revenge on someone who embarrassed him. More important than our troops.

Got it.

I read this board for nearly a year before I joined. Seems that guy would defend Trump if Trump shot him on 5th ave...... :roll:

Treason? We're not at war.

You WOULD defend Trump if he shot YOU on 5th ave wouldn't ya? You'd figure you had it coming right?

In a sea of liars as we have in Washington DC, who is the citizen to believe? :shock:

Treason? We're not at war.

You WOULD defend Trump if he shot YOU on 5th ave wouldn't ya? You'd figure you had it coming right?

We are not at war (any new ones, at least)...thanks to Trump.

But the Dems...and a slew of GOP...would certainly welcome a war, with all the inevitable deaths in our military, if it meant Trump is prevented from winning a second term.

Trump probably got word back to Putin the IC and the Pentagon were onto the Russian bounty scheme.

For all we know Trump met secretly in the Oval with the Russian ambassador to find ways around the IC findings and the Pentagon knowledge of the bounty scheme.

Trump after all took his oath of office on Jan. 20, 2017 and he wiped his ass with it in a same day turnaround.

All the people who screamed at us that there was no collusion need to go eat a mountain of crow.

If trump knew about the Russian bounties and did nothing, then not only did the Commander-in-Chief fail one of his most basic duties, he may have committed treason.

Treason can only be used in wartime. A case for Sedition though is damn near open and shut already....

The amount of right wing propaganda guys like Mycroft have to consume to keep believing in this con man is staggering.....

We are not at war (any new ones, at least)...thanks to Trump.

But the Dems...and a slew of GOP...would certainly welcome a war, with all the inevitable deaths in our military, if it meant Trump is prevented from winning a second term.

Will you be able to bear a Trump loss in November? How long will your servile nature hold after that? I guess the winger propaganda sites must be dandy, or you'd run out of gas on that comedy act of yours.....:2rofll:

The amount of people that soiled themselves in joy reading this is astounding.

You don't support the Rule of Law. Trump obstructed justice multiple times and you still support him. Read vol 2. of the Mueller report. If you supported the Rule of Law you would not also support Trump.

Back
Top Bottom