• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Intelligence Officials Say Plame Was Working Undercover Tracking WMD's to Iran

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
For those who have had the gall to maintain that Valerie Plame was not a NOC, the official word is that she was.

According to current and former intelligence officials, Plame Wilson, who worked on the clandestine side of the CIA in the Directorate of Operations as a non-official cover (NOC) officer, was part of an operation tracking distribution and acquisition of weapons of mass destruction technology to and from Iran.
Repeat after me.

""significant damage to operational equities."

Gimme a T.
Gimme an R.
Gimme an E.
Gimme an A.
Gimme an S.
Gimme an O.
Gimme an N.

What's that spell?

Bush administration.

Article is here.

danarhea said:
For those who have had the gall to maintain that Valerie Plame was not a NOC, the official word is that she was.

Repeat after me.

Gimme a T.
Gimme an R.
Gimme an E.
Gimme an A.
Gimme an S.
Gimme an O.
Gimme an N.

What's that spell?

Bush administration.

Article is here.

The workers of the IC have only begun to arise.

TREASON you say? That's just for starters.

It's kind of like the Mushroom cloud... except it really is imminent.

There is a lesson to be learned in America...

Don't fu©k with liberty.

danarhea said:

Repeat after me.

Gimme a T.
Gimme an R.
Gimme an E.
Gimme an A.
Gimme an S.
Gimme an O.
Gimme an N.

What's that spell?

Bush administration.

Article is here.

Your source is "The Rawstory?" Who do you think will change their views based on a story from this source? I mean people who already believed this will still believe it. Those that don't won't give it any credit due to the source. So what's the point?

Conflict said:
The workers of the IC have only begun to arise.

TREASON you say? That's just for starters.

It's kind of like the Mushroom cloud... except it really is imminent.

There is a lesson to be learned in America...

Don't fu©k with liberty.

Please don't circumvent our language filter in this manner. If words of this nature were allowed we wouldn't have gone to the trouble of installing a filter.

Pacridge said:
Please don't circumvent our language filter in this manner. If words of this nature were allowed we wouldn't have gone to the trouble of installing a filter.

point taken.

I hope you get my point as well.

Pacridge said:
So what's the point?

Truth. Revelation. Exposition. Understanding. Enlightenment. Intellect. Compassion. Concern. Patriotism. Justice.

Pacridge said:
Your source is "The Rawstory?" Who do you think will change their views based on a story from this source? I mean people who already believed this will still believe it. Those that don't won't give it any credit due to the source. So what's the point?
Raw Story had it right on Abramoff weeks before the MSM picked up on it.

Raw Story was the first site to break the NSA wiretapping scandal, weeks before the MSM did. The New York Times sat on that story a full year.

Raw Story also reported that David Safavian was about to be indicted before the MSM got hold of the story.

So why did I use Raw Story? Because investigative journalism does not exist with the mediawhores any more.

danarhea said:

Raw Story was the first site to break the NSA wiretapping scandal, weeks before the MSM did. The New York Times sat on that story a full year.

Raw Story also reported that David Safavian was about to be indicted before the MSM got hold of the story.

So why did I use Raw Story? Because investigative journalism does not exist with the mediawhores any more.

I understand your position, I really do. I just think there's going to be two responses to this: "I knew It!" and "You expect me to believe something from The Rawstory? Pffft!"

As for the fact they beat these other major league hitters to these stories, I did not know that, thanks.

Conflict said:
point taken.

I hope you get my point as well.

Honestly yes I do get your point. I usually do with you. May not always agree, but I get it.

The language thing, believe it or not, isn't a major issue with me personally. But it's a rule and at times some people abuse it far too often. While others use it as a weird "I'm not going to give your facts any credence because of your language." Which of course is lame, but if you leave the language out of it, they can't use that logic and thus have to actually deal with the topic and facts at hand.

danarhea said:

While this may be a good point, I'm still going to wait for another source to pick it up.

RightatNYU said:
While this may be a good point, I'm still going to wait for another source to pick it up.

Good for you, NYU. Great attitude.

aps said:
Good for you, NYU. Great attitude.

It seems like a really explosive story, and as a result of that, I can't help but think that if it were true, someone would have found a way to leak this to the press long ago, most likely during the time when Plame was a big deal.

I'm with RightatNYU on this: if the details are confirmed, this has the potential to change the whole complexion of the Plame kerfuffle. But, given the 'rawstory' penchant for exaggeration and hyperbole even when they might have the essence of the underlying story sort of correct, I would prefer a little more factual reporting on the matter and a little less pov.

For those who're wondering what I'm on about:

Saturday, May 22, 2004 - Page updated at 12:00 A.M.

Iran used Chalabi to dupe U.S., report says

By Knut Royce
Newsday
The Defense Intelligence Agency has concluded that for years Iran has used a U.S.-funded arm of Ahmad Chalabi's Iraqi National Congress to funnel disinformation to the United States and to collect highly sensitive American secrets, according to intelligence sources.

"Iranian intelligence has been manipulating the United States through Chalabi by furnishing through his Information Collection Program (ICP) information to provoke the United Sates into getting rid of Saddam Hussein," said an intelligence source who was briefed on the conclusions of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
Please note again that the CIA and the INC both rejected the INC as unreliable and untrustworthy. Only the Bush Admin found them trustworthy enough to fund them to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars a month.

When this finally ends up in the lap of VP Cheney, I wonder if he will be able to buy a treason stamp?:confused:

Captain America said:
When this finally ends up in the lap of VP Cheney, I wonder if he will be able to buy a treason stamp?:confused:
\

Nah. His style is to shoot the messenger, after giving him the bird. :rofl

danarhea said:
\

Nah. His style is to shoot the messenger, after giving him the bird. :rofl

Didn't the messenger give him the bird? Thought that's why he shot him.

I know you can buy a bird stamp in Tx. But can you buy a lawyer stamp?

Are you ever in any mood other then horney?

Pacridge said:
Didn't the messenger give him the bird? Thought that's why he shot him.

I know you can buy a bird stamp in Tx. But can you buy a lawyer stamp?

Are you ever in any mood other then horney?

Cant buy a lawyer stamp. Government in Texas is run by lawyers.

As for my mood, been married to a sexy wife for 35 years. Look at my avatar closely. See my eyes bugging out? :)

danarhea said:
Cant buy a lawyer stamp. Government in Texas is run by lawyers.

As for my mood, been married to a sexy wife for 35 years. Look at my avatar closely. See my eyes bugging out? :)

Holy crap! Thought I had the record around here. My wife and I just had our 25th.

BTW- I keep reading the stamp is $7, have any idea what the fine for not having it is?

Pacridge said:
Holy crap! Thought I had the record around here. My wife and I just had our 25th.

BTW- I keep reading the stamp is $7, have any idea what the fine for not having it is?

I'm quite certain it's impeachment Pac..........yep, that's the fine, as sure as I stand here!:lol:

Deegan said:
I'm quite certain it's impeachment Pac..........yep, that's the fine, as sure as I stand here!:lol:

Well, then I'm not buying a stamp if I go bird hunting in Texas. Impeachment will have no effect on me.

Pacridge said:

Depends. If it is a local sheriff who knows you, you get off with a warning. If Parks and Wildlife catches you, its a fine of up to $500.00. Parks and Wildlife is the equivalent of God in Texas. I played a gig a few years ago at a place called the Country Road Inn, way out in the middle of nowhere in East Texas. There was a guy there who came up to us during break and said he liked our music. We got to talking, when he told me he had just gotten out of prison. I asked him what he was in for, and he told me deer hunting, and said it with a straight face. He talked really slow, and it took me half an hour, pretty much the break I was on, and the following break to get the whole story out of him. Turns out, he was hunting deer with a machine gun, and Parks and Wildlife caught him. He got 6 months in prison, and Parks and Wildlife confiscated his truck and everything in it, except one item - His machine gun. He got that back the day he got out of prison, minus the ammo. True story.

Cheney not getting his bird stamp is not a big deal. People get their hunting licenses and forget the bird stamp all the time.

Last edited:
Pacridge said:
Well, then I'm not buying a stamp if I go bird hunting in Texas. Impeachment will have no effect on me.

No, don't confuse me, you're from the Pacific Northwest, they would kill you man, impeachment is the least of your worries!;)

danarhea said:
Depends. If it is a local sheriff who knows you, you get off with a warning. If Parks and Wildlife catches you, its a fine of up to $500.00. Parks and Wildlife is the equivalent of God in Texas. I played a gig a few years ago at a place called the Country Road Inn, way out in the middle of nowhere in East Texas. There was a guy there who came up to us during break and said he liked our music. We got to talking, when he told me he had just gotten out of prison. I asked him what he was in for, and he told me deer hunting, and said it with a straight face. He talked really slow, and it took me half an hour, pretty much the break I was on, and the following break to get the whole story out of him. Turns out, he was hunting deer with a machine gun, and Parks and Wildlife caught him. He got 6 months in prison, and Parks and Wildlife confiscated his truck and everything in it, except one item - His machine gun. He got that back the day he got out of prison, minus the ammo. True story.

Cheney not getting his bird stamp is not a big deal. People get their hunting licenses and forget the bird stamp all the time.

When I got out of the Navy in the winter of 1987 my wife and I moved to Beaver, Oregon (nope, not making that name up) in Tillamook County. We lived in a small rental house next to a dairy farm. You may have heard of Tillamook cheese, I've seen it as far away as Japan. Right after we moved to the area a man in the northern end of the county shot his wife with a shotgun, in front of their two children. The trial dragged on for a long time, starting and stopping for weeks and months at times. The man was claiming self defense. A claim the older child did not verify. When it was all said and done he was convicted on one count of Involuntary Manslaughter. When they announced his sentence in the paper (which came out weekly) there was a big headline that read "Hansen gets 10 years Probation" A story's headline directly below the fold read "Man get 2 Years For Taking Elk Out of Season"

The only thing in that story that isn't 100% true is the man's name, simply because I can't remember it. When my wife gets back from our daughter's tonight I'll ask her if she remembers. I know she'll remember the story, she wanted to move out of the county. I reminded her I didn't own any shotguns.

Back
Top Bottom