• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Insurrection Super-Spreader Surge?

year2late

IIJAFM
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It will be very interesting (and likely tragic) to see if Trump's insurrection will be the catalyst for more hospitalizations and deaths.

Like Sturges....it will be difficult to pinpoint since many (if not most) of the insurrectionists were not local.

And like most Covid, it may be less about the one person that has it....it may be more about the exponential nightmare of the people they spread it to.

The funny thing is....the fact that most refused to wear masks,,,,,,made it easier to spread.....but they may find that they may have more to worry about than covid. I am sure the FBI is "happy" about the fact that they frequently mugged for the pictures.

It will be very interesting (and likely tragic) to see if Trump's insurrection will be the catalyst for more hospitalizations and deaths.

Like Sturges....it will be difficult to pinpoint since many (if not most) of the insurrectionists were not local.

And like most Covid, it may be less about the one person that has it....it may be more about the exponential nightmare of the people they spread it to.

The funny thing is....the fact that most refused to wear masks,,,,,,made it easier to spread.....but they may find that they may have more to worry about than covid. I am sure the FBI is "happy" about the fact that they frequently mugged for the pictures.

Based upon some footage shown on TV, several of the sheltering congressmen and congresswomen also refused masks when they were offered.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.

Based upon some footage shown on TV, several of the sheltering congressmen and congresswomen also refused masks when they were offered.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.
Most of the footage of congress employees (elected and staffers) the people were masked. That being said, because of the situation, distancing and hygiene went out the window, So spread is a huge issue even for those not in direct contacted with the seditionists at large .

I seriously expect this to be a huge supers spreader event. Just like Sturges, it will be hard to tell the real impact since the the perps are spread far and wide.

Most of the footage of congress employees (elected and staffers) the people were masked. That being said, because of the situation, distancing and hygiene went out the window, So spread is a huge issue even for those not in direct contacted with the seditionists at large .

I seriously expect this to be a huge supers spreader event. Just like Sturges, it will be hard to tell the real impact since the the perps are spread far and wide.

Hi!

Thank you for your response.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Any largely maskless protest has the potential to be a super spreader event. The reason for the protest is irrelevant to the disease.

Reactions: lwf
I suspect that most people who work in the Capitol have received their first dose of vaccine if they wanted it.

Any largely maskless protest has the potential to be a super spreader event. The reason for the protest is irrelevant to the disease.
I agree.

But protests (even without masks) with a good level of distancing and control is much less of a significant event than and event where close in your face personal contact and physical interaction and strong verbal interaction is the "norm"

Confirmed carriers were at the event.

The difference between what happened last week in Washington and what happened in Sturgis is that more people were wearing masks last week in Washington than were wearing masks in Sturgis.

I'd be the last person in the world to suggest that that increase in mask wearing was due to the fact that the people participating in the events in Washington knew that they were participating in events that constituted criminal behaviour while the people participating in the events in Sturgis were only stupid.

Sure I would.

Not really

Masks don't work all that well

there were definitely a large number of militantly maskless morons among the insurrectionists.

I saw this. There are no words for this.

All this is because of Trump.

Hi!

It can at least be defined as 'hyperpolitical'. It certainly didn't demonstrate concern for fellow citizen's health.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Left wing woke virus strikes again.

Yes, ten thousand COVIDIOTS, most likely 500 to a thousand asymptomatic....sure it's going to be a super spreader event.
And then we're supposed to be all warm and sympathetic as they ratchet up the most dangerous pandemic in a century to humanitarian disaster levels.
And take away needed beds, medicine and resources from people who did NOT attempt to start a war.

Yes, ten thousand COVIDIOTS, most likely 500 to a thousand asymptomatic....sure it's going to be a super spreader event.
And then we're supposed to be all warm and sympathetic as they ratchet up the most dangerous pandemic in a century to humanitarian disaster levels.
And take away needed beds, medicine and resources from people who did NOT attempt to start a war.

And how come we did not know that this was coming? I thought we had intelligence people that patrol the social media where this act was planned.

And how come the MD Nat Guard refused to come until later?

I wonder how many knew they had covid during the insurection.

Don't forget the riots. ;)

Back
Top Bottom