• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Instead of criticizing the govt's failure to prevent terror, media demonize Trump

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Every day there are many perfect examples of the hard core political and ideological bias in mainstream media, and just as anyone could have predicted, they prove, yet again, that their primary goals are; A. Protect democrats from any potential criticisms that may hurt their chances for election, B. Create a new and dishonest narrative that shifts America's attention from the real problems, to issues that progressives are trying to advance, and last but certainly not least, C. ENDLESSLY VILIFY REPUBLICANS!!

We had a terrorist attack on a gay club, leaving dozens dead or wounded. This could have been avoided considering how much more invasive our multiple, redundant intelligence agencies have become under Obama, and yet they failed miserably because they had this guy under surveillance, but then apparently decided he was a good guy!

Then they allowed a suspected terrorist to buy guns!! Are you kidding me? We already have regulations on the books that prevent felons, drug dealers, mentally disturbed people from buying guns!

That means that the gov't, under Barack Obama are to blame for these repeated attacks! The gov't failed, period!

But what do the media focus on mostly now, a comment made by Trump that he predicted this would happen, and his comment that Obama doesn't seem to grasp the problem. In other words, a typical political comment made by a politician is FAR more of an issue than 50 dead gay people! Do we see these activist journalists criticizing the president for the repeated failures to stop terrorist from killing people? No, never..... That doesn't accomplish their goals....

We ALL know that if any Republican had presided over this many attacks without preventing them, in spite of having a gov't that monitors millions of Americans, that Republican would be blamed and crucified by this same media.

We saw them blame Bush every time anything went wrong, for 8 years..... These people really don't care about the victims, all they care about is ideological advancement, otherwise theyd be consistent in their criticism.

Every day there are many perfect examples of the hard core political and ideological bias in mainstream media, and just as anyone could have predicted, they prove, yet again, that their primary goals are; A. Protect democrats from any potential criticisms that may hurt their chances for election, B. Create a new and dishonest narrative that shifts America's attention from the real problems, to issues that progressives are trying to advance, and last but certainly not least, C. ENDLESSLY VILIFY REPUBLICANS!!

We had a terrorist attack on a gay club, leaving dozens dead or wounded. This could have been avoided considering how much more invasive our multiple, redundant intelligence agencies have become under Obama, and yet they failed miserably because they had this guy under surveillance, but then apparently decided he was a good guy!

Then they allowed a suspected terrorist to buy guns!! Are you kidding me? We already have regulations on the books that prevent felons, drug dealers, mentally disturbed people from buying guns!

That means that the gov't, under Barack Obama are to blame for these repeated attacks! The gov't failed, period!

But what do the media focus on mostly now, a comment made by Trump that he predicted this would happen, and his comment that Obama doesn't seem to grasp the problem. In other words, a typical political comment made by a politician is FAR more of an issue than 50 dead gay people! Do we see these activist journalists criticizing the president for the repeated failures to stop terrorist from killing people? No, never..... That doesn't accomplish their goals....

We ALL know that if any Republican had presided over this many attacks without preventing them, in spite of having a gov't that monitors millions of Americans, that Republican would be blamed and crucified by this same media.

We saw them blame Bush every time anything went wrong, for 8 years..... These people really don't care about the victims, all they care about is ideological advancement, otherwise theyd be consistent in their criticism.

You really don't realize the irony in your statement, do you.

A republican presided over 9-11. We found out that he ignored repeated and clear warnings and actually pushed back at the intel. We then found out the attack helped his secret day 1 agenda to invade Iraq. He even let OBL and ""the largest concentration of Al Qaeda fighters of the war" walk out of Tora Bora. Bush was not crucified.

The decision not to deploy American forces to go after bin Laden or block his escape was made by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and his top commander, Gen. Tommy Franks, the architects of the unconventional Afghan battle plan known as Operation Enduring Freedom. Rumsfeld said at the time that he was concerned that too many U.S. troops in Afghanistan would create an anti-American backlash and fuel a widespread insurgency.

http://foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Tora_Bora_Report.pdf

How do you compare 9-11 to another nut with a gun? Once again a conservative posts based on ideology not reality.

A republican presided over 9-11. We found out that he ignored repeated and clear warnings and actually pushed back at the intel. We then found out the attack helped his secret day 1 agenda to invade Iraq. He even let OBL and ""the largest concentration of Al Qaeda fighters of the war" walk out of Tora Bora. Bush was not crucified.

The decision not to deploy American forces to go after bin Laden or block his escape was made by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and his top commander, Gen. Tommy Franks, the architects of the unconventional Afghan battle plan known as Operation Enduring Freedom. Rumsfeld said at the time that he was concerned that too many U.S. troops in Afghanistan would create an anti-American backlash and fuel a widespread insurgency.

http://foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Tora_Bora_Report.pdf

How do you compare 9-11 to another nut with a gun? Once again a conservative posts based on ideology not reality.

VERN, why do you think Obama's been lying to the American people ? Whats motivating him to push the false narrative thats ISIS is contained when in fact its just the opposite?

Obama declared ISIS 'contained' day before Paris attack - CNNPolitics.com

VERN, why do you think Obama's been lying to the American people ? Whats motivating him to push the false narrative thats ISIS is contained when in fact its just the opposite?

Obama is trying to prevent a war with all of Islam because that is what ISIS wants. Is that what you want, too...a war with all of Islam?

By "contained", I think Obama meant that ISIS in Syria where the battle is being fought was contained. It's just pure partisan stupidity to think or pretend he meant otherwise.

Last edited:
Apparently it's more fashionable to demonize Trump and guns rather then attack the real perpatrator: Radical Islam.

http://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Tora_Bora_Report.pdf

How do you compare 9-11 to another nut with a gun? Once again Fenton doesn't respond to what I posted.

http://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Tora_Bora_Report.pdf

How do you compare 9-11 to another nut with a gun? Once again Fenton doesn't respond to what I posted.

Your Bush obsession is turned all the way up to 11 today VERN. Its 2016, not 2001.

I asked you a question.

Why do you think Obama's been lying to the American people about ISIS ?

Why is there such a huge disparity between Obama's ISIS narrative and John Brennans ISIS narrative ??

CIA director grave warning: ISIS dangerous as ever - CNNPolitics.com

Apparently it's more fashionable to demonize Trump and guns rather then attack the real perpatrator: Radical Islam.

Are you a Christian?

Obama is trying to prevent a war with all of Islam because that is what ISIS wants. Is that what you want, too...a war with all of Islam?

I don't want war of any type but, sadly, we are already embroiled in a war with islam. We need to finish it.

Your Bush obsession is turned all the way up to 11 today VERN. Its 2016, not 2001.
er uh fenton, had you bothered to actually read my post you would see the reference to Bush was in direct response to yet another conservative delusion.

I asked you a question.

yes, I know. You do that a lot.

I don't want war of any type but, sadly, we are already embroiled in a war with islam. We need to finish it.

Perhaps, some war hawks, zealots and Christians might think we're embroiled in a war with Islam....but most of us don't. Most of us understand that we are fighting a war with violent extremists who do not represent the views or opinions of the vast majority of Muslims anymore than the Westboro fundamentalists represent the views of the vast majority of Christians.

Perhaps, some war hawks, zealots and Christians might think we're embroiled in a war with Islam....but most of us don't. Most of us understand that we are fighting a war with violent extremists who do not represent the views or opinions of the vast majority of Muslims anymore than the Westboro fundamentalists represent the views of the vast majority of Christians.

They certainly represent the way Mohamed practiced islam. It is religious fundamentalism and it is growing by leaps and bounds. I think "most of us" have no idea of how large and serious this threat is. That is why we aren't fixing it. But I do appreciate the politically correct reply.

A republican presided over 9-11. We found out that he ignored repeated and clear warnings and actually pushed back at the intel. We then found out the attack helped his secret day 1 agenda to invade Iraq.
Please Vern, I know you love to lie about this stuff, but tell me what the warnings were that Bush ignored then tell me what he should have done in light of those "clear" warnings. Then tell me how you found out about his 'secret day 1 agenda.' Did Cheney tell you? Thanks. I await your predictably hackish reply.

By "contained", I think Obama meant that ISIS in Syria where the battle is being fought was contained. It's just pure partisan stupidity to think or pretend he meant otherwise.
You, like Obama, engage in false alternatives. There is zero chance of a war with Islam and no one is advocating one.

You, like Obama, engage in false alternatives. There is zero chance of a war with Islam and no one is advocating one.

The perception in the ME and Muslims all over the world think the US is fighting a war against Islam. So why would we they think that?

A. Protect democrats from any potential criticisms that may hurt their chances for election
:roll:

B. Create a new and dishonest narrative that shifts America's attention from the real problems, to issues that progressives are trying to advance

C. ENDLESSLY VILIFY REPUBLICANS!!

We had a terrorist attack on a gay club, leaving dozens dead or wounded. This could have been avoided....
That seems highly unlikely.

The Orlando attack wasn't terrorism. It was a mass shooting, something that is routine in the US by now. Even if it was, a "lone wolf" is extremely difficult to detect, no matter how much info we have on... everyone.

The only way to stop it would be to literally seize every assault rifle in the US and thoroughly bar such sales. In which case, he likely still would have gotten into the club with multiple handguns and taken out a dozen people before being stopped. Somehow, I doubt you'd like that option.

He was not collaborating with foreign terrorist organizations, he name-checked at least two terrorist organizations that are attacking each other right now (ISIL and al-Nusra) to get more attention. It's entirely plausible he was gay and couldn't handle it.

The FBI didn't arrest him because they had no evidence of criminal activity at that time. Unless you want a total police state that is going to crawl all the way up YOUR keister along with everyone else's, it's effectively impossible to stop these kinds of things.

And yes, that is how our system works -- innocent until proven guilty. America: Love it or leave it.

Yes, and...?

But what do the media focus on mostly now, a comment made by Trump that he predicted this would happen....
Uh, hello? The mainstream media has covered this from a variety of angles, including pointing out that banning people on the No Fly List from procuring guns would not have stopped the Orlando attack, and that there is no due process to be put on or taken off that list.

Guns and the no-fly list: Whatever happened to due process? - LA Times
Orlando Shooter Wasn’t on U.S. No-Fly List, Despite FBI Probes - Bloomberg
The Problems With Using The Terrorist Watch List To Ban Gun Sales | FiveThirtyEight
Not Just the No-Fly List
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ontrol-in-part-because-it-is-a-terrible-tool/

Meanwhile, Trump opened his own mouth, and slammed his foot right in it all by himself. It is not the media's fault that he is an egomaniac who was incapable of expressing sympathy for the victims, and jumped straight to his own ineffective and irrelevant policy measures (banning immigrants when the shooter was a US citizen? Srsly?) that are unconstitutional to boot.

And yet, the press didn't vilify Bush 43 much for governing while the 9/11 plot was planned and executed. In fact, they lined up behind him and gave him carte blanche for years, until he basically started blowing it.

We saw them blame Bush every time anything went wrong, for 8 years....
It's not the media's fault that Bush screwed up in all sorts of ways, including:

• Not capturing OBL at Tora Bora
• Starting the utterly pointless and regionally destabilizing invasion of Iraq
• Not finishing the job in Afghanistan before invading Iraq, on the flimsiest of pretenses
• "Mission Accomplished"
• Disbanding the Iraqi Army
• Screwing up in Iraq for years before finally listening to Rice
• Wrecking our reputation abroad with his unilateral actions
• Setting up Guantanamo
• Violating the basic human rights of Gitmo prisoners
• Abu Ghraib happening on his watch
• Widespread warrantless wiretapping

Now, it's true that Obama has continued some of these policies. However, it's also true that the press has pushed him on NSA overreach, drone strikes, civilian deaths, and his policies in Syria, lack of transparency etc

If you aren't hearing the criticisms, I don't thing the problem is the press.

The perception in the ME and Muslims all over the world think the US is fighting a war against Islam. So why would we they think that?

Who told you they think that?

They certainly represent the way Mohamed practiced islam. It is religious fundamentalism and it is growing by leaps and bounds. I think "most of us" have no idea of how large and serious this threat is. That is why we aren't fixing it. But I do appreciate the politically correct reply.

No..they don't actually. Mohammed liked Jews...he even emulated them and lived among them in Medina and considered the Jewish tribes that didn't betray him to be his allies.

Last edited:
A former CIA agent who did clandestine operations in the ME and Afghanistan.

One guy now speaks for all muslims around the globe. Got it.

One guy now speaks for all muslims around the globe. Got it.

No, it was the opinion of the many Muslims that the agent talked to while working over 10 years in the ME.

When Americans are asked why we are at war in the ME they say..."because they hate us for our freedom."

So apparently, neither side has a clear understanding or perception of why the US is waging war and dropping bombs on the ME. They...we.. only know what the media tells us....and the media is controlled by a minority of wealthy individuals...and they are controlling the national dialogue...and pitting us against each other.

Last edited:
No, it was the opinion of the many people that the agent talked to while working over 10 years in the ME.

So all muslims have thought we are at war with them for over 10 years now?

So all muslims have thought we are at war with them for over 10 years now?

The Orlando shooter thought so...and so did the Boston bombers...and the Fort Hood shooter....there's probably a lot more among us who think so too. The war on Iraq and dropping bombs in Syria...and the US influence in the ME and with Trump in the headlines and the biased media coverage and the internet chat rooms and the rise in hate crimes.....why wouldn't they think the US is at war with Islam?

Back
Top Bottom