• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inspired CHRISTmas Music

LittleNipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
And in truth, it doesn't have to be showy. It can be simply a heart felt questioning sung amid the wilderness of life that makes one ponder -- yet touches the soul:

MamboDervish

Looking Forward
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Inspired music will give one chills and resonate with one's very soul:
Agreed. And there's plenty of it. In fact, after Thanksgiving, there's a nauseating glut of it in every public or commercial venue which, quite frankly, diminishes it. I don't like hearing so much CHRISTmas music until Christmas is nigh.

And it must be said, there's also tons of secular music that is equally "inspired", and "will give one chills and resonate with one's very soul".
So .... there is that.

LittleNipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Agreed. And there's plenty of it. In fact, after Thanksgiving, there's a nauseating glut of it in every public or commercial venue which, quite frankly, diminishes it. I don't like hearing so much CHRISTmas music until Christmas is nigh.

And it must be said, there's also tons of secular music that is equally "inspired", and "will give one chills and resonate with one's very soul".
So .... there is that.
I find that in more recent years, the "Christmas" music played on secular stations tends to be limited to that which is secular. There is only so many times I can stomach hearing GRANDMA GOT RUN ON BY A REINDEER and dogs barking JINGLE BELLS. If all the seasonal holiday music was played that was ever recorded over the last 120 years, there would be enough variety that no one could complain.
When was the last time you heard: GOODBYE SUMMER, SO LONG FALL, HELLO WINTERIME https://sonichits.com/video/Peerless_Quartet/Goodbye_Summer,_So_Long,_Fall,_Hello_Wintertime?track=1 OH YOU SILV'RY BELLS or even HERE COMES SUZY SNOWFLAKE :

Now none of the above are very awe inspiring, but they are enjoyable and worth remembering and listening to. BUT, who plays them?

Last edited:

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Inspired music will give one chills and resonate with one's very soul:

I generally go to hear this at Carnegie Hall in December. 250 person choir. Spectacular. Absolutely spectacular.

This and the Nutcracker performed at Lincoln Center by the NY Ballet have been holiday staples in my life.

How lucky am I? 😃

Top Bottom