• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Insight on Russian Fascism, a TV Host Yells at Russian Vet for telling the truth...

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The exchange here, translated from Russian by Insider:

Eranosian: (Vet) "The fact that there are so many people here with fighting experience that passed through Afghanistan and Chechen campaigns and the Donbas, there are really our guys there, and the Donetsk and Luhansk people and our guys from the special operation are dying now, and our country ..."

Read the original article on Business Insider

Gudoshnikov: (TV host) "No, no, no, no, I don't want to listen to it. Stop! Can't you stop? Enough!"

Eranosian: "I just want us to stand up now and commemorate in silence, a minute of silence, those guys who are fighting for Russia in Donbas."

Gudoshnikov: "Can you stop now? I will tell you now what our guys are doing there. Our guys are destroying fascists ... [interjection] ... Let me finish talking. It's a triumph of Russian weapons. It's a triumph of the Russian army. It's the rebirth of Russia."

Can you believe such people exist?

Eranosian: (Vet) "The fact that there are so many people here with fighting experience that passed through Afghanistan and Chechen campaigns and the Donbas, there are really our guys there, and the Donetsk and Luhansk people and our guys from the special operation are dying now, and our country ..."
Gudoshnikov: (TV host) "No, no, no, no, I don't want to listen to it. Stop! Can't you stop? Enough!"
Eranosian: "I just want us to stand up now and commemorate in silence, a minute of silence, those guys who are fighting for Russia in Donbas."
Gudoshnikov: "Can you stop now? I will tell you now what our guys are doing there. Our guys are destroying fascists ... [interjection] ... Let me finish talking. It's a triumph of Russian weapons. It's a triumph of the Russian army. It's the rebirth of Russia."

I take it you mean Gudoshnikov? Yeah, I can believe it - sadly.

That last statement you quoted is a gem - first, one can see how easily the label "fascism" gets tossed around - and typically by whom; and second - It's a triumph of Russian weapons. It's a triumph of the Russian army. It's the rebirth of Russia. reads like state radio straight out of 1984.

But, exist such people do... and they need to be challenged whenever they open their mouths and wherever their jackboots plod.

I take it you mean Gudoshnikov? Yeah, I can believe it - sadly.

That last statement you quoted is a gem - first, one can see how easily the label "fascism" gets tossed around - and typically by whom; and second - It's a triumph of Russian weapons. It's a triumph of the Russian army. It's the rebirth of Russia. reads like state radio straight out of 1984.

But, exist such people do... and they need to be challenged whenever they open their mouths and wherever their jackboots plod.

It's very frightening that people like Gudoshinikov represent the state of mind of opinion shapers in Russia. This is a page out of pre-WWII Germany.

Your point being....what?

I thought you were cleaning toilets in boot camp?

I had a medical issue from when I was younger come back, and the army decided it didn’t require my services after all, unfortunately.

And as far as cleaning goes, it really wasn’t all that onerous honestly. We got smoked over it a fair amount, but that was going to happen regardless. Good ole red phase😂

They exist everywhere

I have seen many US vets being shut out/thrown out for expressing their views about the illegal US attack on the sovereign state of Iraq.

It's what happens and not only in Russia

They exist everywhere

I have seen many US vets being shut out/thrown out for expressing their views about the illegal US attack on the sovereign state of Iraq.

It's what happens and not only in Russia

So, you think Russian veterans are free to demonstratively confront Putin in public, and there couldn't be very serious consequences? You think veterans who appear on typical talk shows are greeted with a host hysterical shout down?

So, you think Russian veterans are free to demonstratively confront Putin in public, and there couldn't be very serious consequences? You think veterans who appear on typical talk shows are greeted with a host hysterical shout down?

You saw that video and thought the US veteran was free to confront the war criminal Bush. He got booed and lashed.

I know loads of US veterans that have spoken out against the illegal wars they have been forced to take part in. The usual response is that they are marginalized, shouted down , ridiculed and booed ,like that guy was.

But everything he said was true

If you want to compare your society to that of an authoritarian one that's fine with me. The means differ but the results are the same. At least they have to crack people on the head to get them to cease any criticism , here there are no criticisms worthy of the name because people prefer to avoid the truth instead.

You saw that video and thought the US veteran was free to confront the war criminal Bush. He got booed and lashed.

I know loads of US veterans that have spoken out against the illegal wars they have been forced to take part in. The usual response is that they are marginalized, shouted down , ridiculed and booed ,like that guy was.

But everything he said was true

If you want to compare your society to that of an authoritarian one that's fine with me. The means differ but the results are the same. At least they have to crack people on the head to get them to cease any criticism , here there are no criticisms worthy of the name because people prefer to avoid the truth instead.

I see that you missed the point...by a mile. It's not that a veteran who speaks his mind is booed by a crowd, its about what passes for a mainstream TV host in Russia being so terrified of even having a moment of silence or hear a hint of dissent that he tries to silence the veteran he invited to speak is mind.

To lamely offer us a situation in which a vet can attack a President directly in public the US, with no consequence than booing from a crowd is foolish, because a s like circumstance in Russia would likely result in something far worse for the speaker...including a long period of penal incarceration or worse.

My advice is: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

I see that you missed the point...by a mile. It's not that a veteran who speaks his mind is booed by a crowd, its about what passes for a mainstream TV host in Russia being so terrified of even having a moment of silence or hear a hint of dissent that he tries to silence the veteran he invited to speak is mind.

To lamely offer us a situation in which a vet can attack a President directly in public the US, with no consequence than booing from a crowd is foolish, because a s like circumstance in Russia would likely result in something far worse for the speaker...including a long period of penal incarceration or worse.

My advice is: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

And I see you missed the following " If you want to compare your society to that of an authoritarian one that's fine with me " ...........The link to the US vet booed and chucked out for telling the truth about your own illegal wars was aimed at adsdressing what the guy you cited was trying to get across

When I'm in one I won't need you advice

And I see you missed the following " If you want to compare your society to that of an authoritarian one that's fine with me " ...........The link to the US vet booed and chucked out for telling the truth about your own illegal wars was aimed at adsdressing what the guy you cited was trying to get across

When I'm in one I won't need you advice

Now your argumentation is adrift...further and further from the OP ... bon voyage.

Now your argumentation is adrift...further and further from the OP ... bon voyage.

The OP states

Well yeah, it's an authoritarian society and thus this type of thing will be part of that or shouldn't come as a surprise

I decided to show how veterans who try to protest the illegal wars they were forced to participate in are viewed in a free society and they both have something in common. The views aren't appreciated and the views are shut down

Back
Top Bottom