• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Insider threat' program reportedly orders feds to spy on each other using sloppy tac

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
An "insider threat" program launched by the Obama administration two years ago requires federal employees to spy on each other using profiling techniques not proven to work, according to a new report.

Details about the program, first reported by McClatchy, have gradually been made public in recent weeks. It was apparently ordered in 2011 in the wake of security leaks by Army Pfc. Bradley Manning, and urges federal workers and contractors to look out for "high-risk" behavior -- and to report it.

But McClatchy reported Wednesday that it urges workers to use questionable techniques. It encourages them to flag a range of possible behaviors and circumstances, from financial problems to odd hours to unusual travel, according to the report.

McClatchy noted studies have found that "behavioral surveillance" is not scientifically proven to work and could result in illegal profiling
Read more: 'Insider threat' program reportedly orders feds to spy on each other using sloppy tactics | Fox News

didn't Hitler and Stalin have a similar program for their citizens to spy on their follow neighbors and co workers

when did normal federal employees become qualified to spy on any one. do you know how many false accusations could and would happen

Its bad enough we have the NSA correcting phone call and email data. we have the IRS targeting you if you don't agree with the president. now your getting spied on by your fellow co worker if your a fed employee

Obama has the constitution hanging up in the WH bathroom so he can wipe his ass with it

Re: 'Insider threat' program reportedly orders feds to spy on each other using sloppy

I don't know what is "illegal profiling" but asking federal employees to be aware and report concerns does not seem that big of a thing. I mean if someone making $70K pulls up to the office in a $100K car or buys a $1.2M house and and their spouse isn't a MD, it might be a clue to something.

Re: 'Insider threat' program reportedly orders feds to spy on each other using sloppy

Read more: 'Insider threat' program reportedly orders feds to spy on each other using sloppy tactics | Fox News

didn't Hitler and Stalin have a similar program for their citizens to spy on their follow neighbors and co workers

Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I believe they did. How else could they root out the evil of Jews and homosexuals?

when did normal federal employees become qualified to spy on any one. do you know how many false accusations could and would happen

I believe it was about the same time the US launched its "war on terror" and started giving the government extra constitutional powers, but that could be wrong. It might trace its roots all the way back to the genesis of the war on drugs, or perhaps even to Joseph McCarthy.

Its bad enough we have the NSA correcting phone call and email data. we have the IRS targeting you if you don't agree with the president. now your getting spied on by your fellow co worker if your a fed employee

Yes, that about sums it up. We also have indefinite detention without trial.

Obama has the constitution hanging up in the WH bathroom so he can wipe his ass with it

Oh, it's been hanging there since way before Obama decided to run for office.
and, as long as the people of this great bastion of liberty continue to be willing to trade liberty for an illusion of security, that's where it will hang.

Did he seriously compare the government testing its own security to ****ing Hitler?

Did he seriously compare the government testing its own security to ****ing Hitler?

Well, this governmental action is either trend setting or comparable to other historical examples.

Well, this governmental action is either trend setting or comparable to other historical examples.

Hitler wore pants.

You wear pants.

In any case, this is not at all similar to what the OP describes about Nazi Germany. If you can't figure out whyit's not similar, then I can't help you. At some point a person just lacks the capacity for rational debate.

It's also not "trend setting." A government trying to maintain its own security is not a new concept.

Oh, for God's sake. A guy starts driving a Lamborghini to work. Give others a path by which that change in lifestyle can be reported to somebody. Honestly, people expect our Constitution to be used continuously to beat us over the head and knock us unconscious. What is the harm? I don't see any.

Comparing this to Hitler is completely silly. Godwined in the OP. That might be a record.

Oh, for God's sake. A guy starts driving a Lamborghini to work. Give others a path by which that change in lifestyle can be reported to somebody. Honestly, people expect our Constitution to be used continuously to beat us over the head and knock us unconscious. What is the harm? I don't see any.

The real answer is that Obama is doing it. Therefore he is Hitler. Also you and I are Hitler for not thinking this is a big deal. Damn, and I just shaved my face like ten minutes ago.

because a program like that can me easily abused. for example. you and a co worker are both under consideration for a promotion to fill a vacant spot. you decide to notify your supervisor of suspicious activity by you co worker" he bought an expensive new car".
the consideration for promotion on your co worker is dropped because now he is under investigation. you get the promotion because the spot needed to be filled expediently. then much later after the lengthy FBI digging into his personal life they realize he saved that money for 10 years to buy that expensive car

The real answer is that Obama is doing it. Therefore he is Hitler. Also you and I are Hitler for not thinking this is a big deal. Damn, and I just shaved my face like ten minutes ago.

did i compare Obama to Hitler? no i compared the program to being similar to what Hitler and Stalin did. Its up to the reader if they see fit to connect it to Obama being like Hitler or Stalin which is exactly what you did

because a program like that can me easily abused. for example. you and a co worker are both under consideration for a promotion to fill a vacant spot. you decide to notify your supervisor of suspicious activity by you co worker" he bought an expensive new car".
the consideration for promotion on your co worker is dropped because now he is under investigation. you get the promotion because the spot needed to be filled expediently. then much later after the lengthy FBI digging into his personal life they realize he saved that money for 10 years to buy that expensive car

Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that being passed over for promotion is comparable to Nazi Germany?

did i compare Obama to Hitler? no i compared the program to being similar to what Hitler and Stalin did. Its up to the reader if they see fit to connect it to Obama being like Hitler or Stalin which is exactly what you did

You invoked the Nazis while complaining about Obama. So, yes.

Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that being passed over for promotion is comparable to Nazi Germany?

program being the same the severalty of the outcome different

You invoked the Nazis while complaining about Obama. So, yes.

because i had Obama and Hitler in the same post there for im making a compareson? they werent even in the same sentance together. you better becareful you can through you back out making that big of a reach

It's also not "trend setting." A government trying to maintain its own security is not a new concept.

So if it isn't trend setting, it is comparable to historical examples then, correct?

It is the law of the land. Are you really in favor of violations to the constitution so long as you see no harm?

So if it isn't trend setting, it is comparable to historical examples then, correct?

Comparable to historical examples. Not Nazi Germany having citizens turn each other in for execution without trial. I don't know how people can think so black and white.

Back
Top Bottom