• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inside the Dangerous Rise of Religious Nationalism

Just because the religious Right hasn't been completely successful doesn't mean it isn't working hard to bring about Paul Weyrich's vision.
"When political power is achieved, the moral majority will have the opportunity to re-create this great nation.”
Who the hell is Paul Weyrich? I don't know and I don't care.

This nonsense of quoting what some fool says needs to stop. It's like quoting what someone at the CDC says as if it is the word of "God"

Who the hell is Paul Weyrich? I don't know and I don't care.This nonsense of quoting what some fool says needs to stop. It's like quoting what someone at the CDC says as if it is the word of "God"
I suggest you look up Paul Weyrich. It will help understand how the activities and actions of people effected society and why they are important. It is not nonsense to quote what someone says they intend to do to society when the achieve political power. We just had a debate to learn how two candidates would us political power if elected.

It claims the only legitimate government is based on a strict interpretation of their religion.

The US movement began with Jerry Falwell and other white southern conservative leaders sifting through a list of topics for a central issue that would galvanize and unite conservative white Christians into a political power house. They came to “abortion” saw it’s potential and created the pro-life movement.

As Ms Stewart says, today’s pro-life religion was created for the political purpose of establishing religious and political ascendency over other religions, turning religious freedom into religious privilege for themselves and funneling a substantial and increasing flow of federal money into the churches of their movement: essentially a theocracy.

For those of us who value the secular republic the founding fathers established with the Constitution it is time to counter the power and political meddling of religious nationalism.
Sorry but I can't restrain myself: Welcome to Iran...

I suggest you look up Paul Weyrich. It will help understand how the activities and actions of people effected society and why they are important. It is not nonsense to quote what someone says they intend to do to society when the achieve political power. We just had a debate to learn how two candidates would us political power if elected.
I don't know the guy. He is unimportant.

I don't know the guy. He is unimportant.

You have posted about your fear of a repeat of what Goebbels did. Paul Weyrich had ideas similar to those of Goebbels of how to use government once he gained power.

Back
Top Bottom