• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inside the Dangerous Rise of Religious Nationalism

Do you think life for black children has improved because most black men would rather be "a sex machine with all the chicks," than a responsible husband and father? I don't. Children are much more likely to be abused, and sexually abused, by their mother's boy friends, than by their biological fathers who are their mother's husbands.

POVERTY AND CRIME

In modern America, the correlation between high crime rates and poverty has a great deal to do with the proliferation of single-parent, father-absent households. According to the U.S Census, in 2008 the poverty rate for single parents with children was 35.6%; the rate for married couples with children was 6.4%. For white families in particular, the corresponding two-parent and single-parent poverty rates were 21.7% and 3.1%, respectively. For Hispanics, the figures were 37.5% and 12.8%, and for blacks, 35.3% and 6.9%. According to Robert Rector, a senior research fellow with the Heritage Foundation, “the absence of marriage increases the frequency of child poverty 700 percent” and thus constitutes the single most reliable predictor of a self-perpetuating underclass.

Children in single-parent households are burdened not only with profound economic disadvantages, but are also far likelier to eventually get into trouble with the law. As a Heritage Foundation analysis notes, youngsters raised by single parents, as compared to those who grow up in intact married homes, are much more likely to be physically abused; to be treated for emotional and behavioral disorders; to smoke, drink, and use drugs; to behave aggressively and violently; to engage in criminal activity; and to be arrested for a juvenile crime. According to the National Fatherhood Initiative, 60% of rapists, 72% of adolescent murderers, and 70% of long-term prison inmates are men who grew up in fatherless homes.

Poverty and Crime - Discover the Networks

Nobody said anything about being a sex machine smurt cat. Fact is domestic abuse went down when women were allowed to leave their abusive husbands.
Domestic Violence: 50 Years Ago, Doctors Called It '''Therapy''' | Time

The 50s were an era where it was not socially acceptable for a woman to leave an abusive husband and societal pressure was for them to get married early on and that pressure tends to influence decisions.

Yes poverty and disproportionate sentencing, school funding, and being more likely to be sentenced for a crime you didnt commit along with prison being a center that instead of rehabilitating people actually makes ore hardened criminals will do that.

Last edited:
The one thing that kinda blows smurt cat out of the water is the fact that our criminal justice system is a self perpetuating thing which continues to grind people down and throw them on the street as soon as their debt to society has been paid. The reason under any objective measure that we have such high recidivism rate has nothing to do with genes and everything to do with a cycle of further hardening criminals in a grueling system and we act surprised when someone arrested for minor crimes ends up reoffending. If smurt cat were actually correct about the assumptions of society, society’s outlook on crime would match the actual trend of crimes being committed, it doesnt.

Ten Facts About the Media Depiction of Crime and Justice | Police Studies Online

The one thing that kinda blows smurt cat out of the water is the fact that our criminal justice system is a self perpetuating thing which continues to grind people down and throw them on the street as soon as their debt to society has been paid. The reason under any objective measure that we have such high recidivism rate has nothing to do with genes and everything to do with a cycle of further hardening criminals in a grueling system and we act surprised when someone arrested for minor crimes ends up reoffending. If smurt cat were actually correct about the assumptions of society, society’s outlook on crime would match the actual trend of crimes being committed, it doesnt.

Ten Facts About the Media Depiction of Crime and Justice | Police Studies Online

There is nothing there but a lot of undocumented assertions.

See the difference between me and you is i want people to be able to cope with their circumstances whereas you only offer death and cruelty and for what? For your silver spooned ass to have it all?

For the source on block busting, see Confessions of a blockbuster. http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/Confessions-of-a-Block-Buster.pdf
Both racist white people and progressives hated these guys. It actually shows the real estate business driving racial animus and profiting from it and the scaremongering that lead to white flight.
I make my money—quite a lot of it, inciden- tally—in three ways: (1) By beating down the prices I pay the white owners by stimulating their fear of what is to come; (2) by selling to the eager
Negroes at inflated prices; and (3) by financing these purchases at what amounts to a very high rate of interest.

Last edited:
So tell me again how stereotypes arent completely fabricated? Lol!

In Kathrine Stewart's new book, “The Power Worshippers - Inside the Dangerous Rise of Religious Nationalism” she defines religious nationalism as a political, not religious, ideology with the goal of gaining political and social power. The movement is anti-democratic. It claims the only legitimate government is based on a strict interpretation of their religion.

The US movement began with Jerry Falwell and other white southern conservative leaders sifting through a list of topics for a central issue that would galvanize and unite conservative white Christians into a political power house. They came to “abortion” saw it’s potential and created the pro-life movement.

As Ms Stewart says, today’s pro-life religion was created for the political purpose of establishing religious and political ascendency over other religions, turning religious freedom into religious privilege for themselves and funneling a substantial and increasing flow of federal money into the churches of their movement: essentially a theocracy.

For those of us who value the secular republic the founding fathers established with the Constitution it is time to counter the power and political meddling of religious nationalism.

Stewart's new book is all I need to know. Everybody's writing a book. Every book needs a hook. Apparently all the old hooks were taken, so she created a new one.

Did I miss something?

Its ok. You can admit you have no argument since its actually been shown that people’s perception of crime is hilariously off kilter compared to actual crime.
Voters’ perceptions of crime continue to conflict with reality | Pew Research Center

Just move on and save yourself the embarassment.

The Pew Research article claimed that the crime rate in the United States had declined between 2008 and 2015.

This is confirmed by The Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program which is the starting place for those seeking information on crime in the nation. The UCR is produced from data received from over 18,000 law enforcement agencies voluntarily participating in the program.

From 2008 to 2015 the total crime rate per 100,000 inhabitants declined from 3,669.0 to 2,885.1. During this time the murder rate declined from 5.6 to 4.9.

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2018

This website also demonstrates that from 1960 to 1969 the overall crime rate per 100,000 doubled from 1,887.2 to 3,774.4. The murder rate increased from from 5.1 to 7.3.

According to the Justice Policy Institute analysis of the United States Department of Justice Data, during 1960's the prison population in the United States declined by 16,524.

http://www.justicepolicy.org/images/upload/00-05_rep_punishingdecade_ac.pdf

We should remember that during the 1960's poverty declined because of a broadly based economic expansion, and War on Poverty programs. The severity of incarceration was also reduced by efforts at prison reform. Economic opportunities were opened for Negroes by the civil rights legislation.

The Justice Policy Institute analysis of the United States Department of Justice Data only go up to 2001. From 1980 to 2001 the prison population increased from 4 74,368 to 2,042,479. The overall crime rate per 100,000 inhabitants declined from 5,950.0 to 4,124.8. From 1980 to 2001 poverty increased because of cuts in welfare spending, and because the U.S. economy became more competitive.

What these figures tell me is that the way to fight crime is not to fight poverty; it to fight criminals. Punishment works. On the other hand, social reform and social welfare spending cannot solve social problems that are caused by personal inadequacies.

The Pew Research article claimed that the crime rate in the United States had declined between 2008 and 2015.

This is confirmed by The Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program which is the starting place for those seeking information on crime in the nation. The UCR is produced from data received from over 18,000 law enforcement agencies voluntarily participating in the program.

From 2008 to 2015 the total crime rate per 100,000 inhabitants declined from 3,669.0 to 2,885.1. During this time the murder rate declined from 5.6 to 4.9.

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2018

This website also demonstrates that from 1960 to 1969 the overall crime rate per 100,000 doubled from 1,887.2 to 3,774.4. The murder rate increased from from 5.1 to 7.3.

According to the Justice Policy Institute analysis of the United States Department of Justice Data, during 1960's the prison population in the United States declined by 16,524.

http://www.justicepolicy.org/images/upload/00-05_rep_punishingdecade_ac.pdf

We should remember that during the 1960's poverty declined because of a broadly based economic expansion, and War on Poverty programs. The severity of incarceration was also reduced by efforts at prison reform. Economic opportunities were opened for Negroes by the civil rights legislation.

The Justice Policy Institute analysis of the United States Department of Justice Data only go up to 2001. From 1980 to 2001 the prison population increased from 4 74,368 to 2,042,479. The overall crime rate per 100,000 inhabitants declined from 5,950.0 to 4,124.8. From 1980 to 2001 poverty increased because of cuts in welfare spending, and because the U.S. economy became more competitive.

What these figures tell me is that the way to fight crime is not to fight poverty; it to fight criminals. Punishment works. On the other hand, social reform and social welfare spending cannot solve social problems that are caused by personal inadequacies.

That wasnt the point.

That wasnt the point.

The point I made, and repeat, is that the religious right was right to be nostalgic for the moral ethos of the 1950's, but mistaken in thinking it could be restored by political action. Children who are raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to do much better in life by many criteria than other children.

The point I made, and repeat, is that the religious right was right to be nostalgic for the moral ethos of the 1950's, but mistaken in thinking it could be restored by political action. Children who are raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to do much better in life by many criteria than other children.

The point you responded to was about public perception of crime

If your only point was about matrimony, there is little to argue with save for the fact that the attitude of the 50s trapped many people into an abusive household which was largely ignored because the mores of the time were strict you must stay with your husband or wife. No fault divorces allowed women to leave abusive households but lack of funding for single parents allowed those abusive relationships to fester.

The point you responded to was about public perception of crime

My initial post was about the religious right. By changing the subject to the public perception of crime you hijacked the thread.

My initial post was about the religious right. By changing the subject to the public perception of crime you hijacked the thread.

I actually posted that reply after i replied to your assertions smurt cat because that is another claim you made about the assumption that stereotypes must be right. Most of them are created out of thin air as i showed rich real estate blockbusters sewed racial animus to cheat both black and white people. Like what trump does today, inciting racial panic is a useful tool of the rich.

If your only point was about matrimony, there is little to argue with save for the fact that the attitude of the 50s trapped many people into an abusive household which was largely ignored because the mores of the time were strict you must stay with your husband or wife. No fault divorces allowed women to leave abusive households but lack of funding for single parents allowed those abusive relationships to fester.

No fault divorce allows men to leave wives without paying alimony when they think the wives have gotten too old.

Responsible married couples should not be taxed to pay for the illegitimate children of irresponsible unmarried people. No one else should be taxed for that purpose either. Children are the responsibility of their parents. Anything done to help illegitimate children encourages the birth of more illegitimate children.

I actually posted that reply after i replied to your assertions smurt cat because that is another claim you made about the assumption that stereotypes must be right. Most of them are created out of thin air as i showed rich real estate blockbusters sewed racial animus to cheat both black and white people. Like what trump does today, inciting racial panic is a useful tool of the rich.

I never said "that stereotypes must be right." Nevertheless, stereotypes are over generalizations of what is really true. There is no stereotype of the stupid lazy Jew. There is no stereotype of the fat Oriental woman on welfare with five illegitimate by five different men. Even those who dislike Jews and Orientals - I admire them myself - do not harbor those stereotypes.

No fault divorce allows men to leave wives without paying alimony when they think the wives have gotten too old.

Responsible married couples should not be taxed to pay for the illegitimate children of irresponsible unmarried people. No one else should be taxed for that purpose either. Children are the responsibility of their parents. Anything done to help illegitimate children encourages the birth of more illegitimate children.

Ahahaha! 15393ADF-6EC8-4AFF-BD0F-8194CEA7268B.jpg
And i thought i was sheltered.

Child support is still legally mandated smurt cat.

I never said "that stereotypes must be right." Nevertheless, stereotypes are over generalizations of what is really true. There is no stereotype of the stupid lazy Jew. There is no stereotype of the fat Oriental woman on welfare with five illegitimate by five different men. Even those who dislike Jews and Orientals - I admire them myself - do not harbor those stereotypes.

There was. Oh **** there was. What you hold as stereotypes are irrelevant, completely irrelevant. That was the stereotype of jews in the ghettos and the same stereotypes of latin american immigrants were applied to jews. How can you be this ignorant of basic history? Oh right! You believe alt-reich american renaissance types no wonder.. Ive provided several examples of completely fabricated stereotypes including the wrong stereotype of immigrants being more prone to crime. This is hilarious. Thats the problem with you, you never step outside your far right bubble. Tell me smurt cat. Why did your ilk paint your faces black and create a whole litany of fake history in order to promote fear among other white people. Hell those bastards were able to scare the **** out of white people who never met a black man. Promiscuity was also a heavy stereotype about gay people, like all those stereotypes were complete myths.

The nazis systematically destroyed jewish businesses then impoverished them, much like what your ilk did to black wall street which led to the ghettoization of jews then came up with similar stereotypes about current residents of American ghettos.

Last edited:
266F04BF-6708-42AA-92A7-6D11D67867DD.jpg
The nazis hated people who were on the dole too which were poor and disabled people, once the nazis destroyed jewish businesses and ghettoized them, this came into play. Like im starting to believe the only thing preventing you from being a nazi is they killed the wrong people in your eyes.

Last edited:
There was. Oh **** there was. What you hold as stereotypes are irrelevant, completely irrelevant. That was the stereotype of jews in the ghettos and the same stereotypes of latin american immigrants were applied to jews. How can you be this ignorant of basic history? Oh right! You believe alt-reich american renaissance types no wonder.. Ive provided several examples of completely fabricated stereotypes including the wrong stereotype of immigrants being more prone to crime. This is hilarious. Thats the problem with you, you never step outside your far right bubble. Tell me smurt cat. Why did your ilk paint your faces black and create a whole litany of fake history in order to promote fear among other white people. Hell those bastards were able to scare the **** out of white people who never met a black man. Promiscuity was also a heavy stereotype about gay people, like all those stereotypes were complete myths.

The nazis systematically destroyed jewish businesses then impoverished them, much like what your ilk did to black wall street which led to the ghettoization of jews then came up with similar stereotypes about current residents of American ghettos.

Whites who dislike Jews and Orientals resent them for the same reasons I admire them: They tend to be intelligent and successful as a result.

Whites who dislike Jews and Orientals resent them for the same reasons I admire them: They tend to be intelligent and successful as a result.

Wrong lolololol. Nothing you have said disproves documented history of stereotypes that were completely fabricated. I dont give a **** about your experience. They are irrelevant. Give it up smurt cat. You do not know what you are talking about.

Thats only part of the propaganda, when the nazis sent jews to ghettos and when jews were escaping pogroms in Russia, the exact same propaganda came out. Thats what Mrs. “the nazis killed the wrong people” wont tell you.

This is what leads to genocide. You are no different smurt cat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom