• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inside Ted Cruz’s last-ditch battle to keep Trump in power

I'd hope that the 1/6 Committee digs deeply into this matter about the real Sen Cruz and his effort(s) to overthrow the results of our last election.

“Would you be willing to argue the case?” Trump asked Cruz, as the senator later recalled it.

“Sure, I’d be happy to” if the court granted a hearing, Cruz said he responded.

The call was just one step in a collaboration that for two months turned the once-bitter political enemies into close allies in the effort to keep Trump in the White House based on the president’s false claims about a stolen election. By Cruz’s own account, he was “leading the charge” to prevent the certification of Joe Biden as president.

An examination by The Washington Post of Cruz’s actions between Election Day and Jan. 6, 2021, shows just how deeply he was involved, working directly with Trump to concoct a plan that came closer than widely realized to keeping him in power. As Cruz went to extraordinary lengths to court Trump’s base and lay the groundwork for his own potential 2024 presidential bid, he also alienated close allies and longtime friends who accused him of abandoning his principles.
Principles? Ted Cruz has principles? LOLOLOLOL

I'd hope that the 1/6 Committee digs deeply into this matter about the real Sen Cruz and his effort(s) to overthrow the results of our last election.
“Would you be willing to argue the case?” Trump asked Cruz, as the senator later recalled it.
The call was just one step in a collaboration that for two months turned the once-bitter political enemies into close allies in the effort to keep Trump in the White House based on the president’s false claims about a stolen election. By Cruz’s own account, he was “leading the charge” to prevent the certification of Joe Biden as president.
An examination by The Washington Post of Cruz’s actions between Election Day and Jan. 6, 2021, shows just how deeply he was involved, working directly with Trump to concoct a plan that came closer than widely realized to keeping him in power. As Cruz went to extraordinary lengths to court Trump’s base and lay the groundwork for his own potential 2024 presidential bid, he also alienated close allies and longtime friends who accused him of abandoning his principles.
1648616211485.png

Of course, Mr Mueller. :rolleyes:

HAHAHA. What a lame retort from the treason caucus. Mueller DID find criminality but Barr swept it under the rug, like a good partner in crime.

I'm reminded of the saying that all it takes for bad people (traitor Trump) to succeed is for good people (average traitor Trump sycophants) to do nothing. There's no shame in your game because you're emulating traitor Trump, the most unabashed, anti-american, fascist in modern American politics. His motto should have been "By Any Means". That's exactly how he operates.

HAHAHA. What a lame retort from the treason caucus. Mueller DID find criminality but Barr swept it under the rug, like a good partner in crime.
Nope.
I'm reminded of the saying that all it takes for bad people (traitor Trump) to succeed is for good people (average traitor Trump sycophants) to do nothing. There's no shame in your game because you're emulating traitor Trump, the most unabashed, anti-american, fascist in modern American politics. His motto should have been "By Any Means". That's exactly how he operates.
And you deny the content of my line by proving every paragraph. :rolleyes:

Nope.

And you deny the content of my line by proving every paragraph. :rolleyes:

I talk about the traitor, Barr, rubber stamping Trump's treason and your answer is "nope"? It's not going to be remembered by posterity as a "nope". It's going to be remembered as treason.

But, our nation is struggling against a cabal of religious fanatics who refuse to accept reality. I should be happy that you didn't make me read a whole sentence of the garbage you guys spew.

I talk about the traitor, Barr, rubber stamping Trump's treason and your answer is "nope"? It's not going to be remembered by posterity as a "nope". It's going to be remembered as treason.I
I know what bullshit you talk about - a total delusion and LW mantra.
But, our nation is struggling against a cabal of religious fanatics who refuse to accept reality. I should be happy that you didn't make me read a whole sentence of the garbage you guys spew.
And yet another delusion.

And if Biden's win was due to a Coup Against the American Voters then EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL should have tried to decertify !
Since Biden's win was legit, it's the failed attempt of a coup that has patriotic Americans in full support of the work that the 1/6 Committee is doing.

'Lying Ted' has earned any possible spotlight aimed his way by this special Committee. Just as he's earned our criticism here in DP. If he were truly a smart person, he'd not take pride in taking the lead to trick DJT back into the oval office. He's a worthless liar much like DJT is. imo

Did you miss that hole part where Trump was trying to go to court to prove the Coup happened? They were not hiding anything ! They
have evidence and tried to go to F'ing Court !!!!!
DJT has had many court filings/cases that have failed. There's been many audits. The final result is the same. Beating this dead horse will only give 'beaters' more hand sores.

Yet you people are so damn gaslighted that you think he did something clandestinely !!!! Even when he try to get >50 court cases to be seen by
US Judges! He even tried to get the SCOTUS to hear his case! Texas and ~160 other State officials trying to get the election Fraud case in front of the
SCOUTS !!!
Fraud mainly exists inside DJT's tent If he'd go away ushered by the hands of justice and his supporters getting behind a decent candidate, then this country could move forward in a positive fashion. How does that sound?

Last edited:
I talk about the traitor, Barr, rubber stamping Trump's treason and your answer is "nope"? It's not going to be remembered by posterity as a "nope". It's going to be remembered as treason.

There will be the arguing over the Traitor definition because of the word war, but there's no such impediment with a Treachery Against the United States charge from the people.

There will be the arguing over the Traitor definition because of the word war, but there's no such impediment with a Treachery Against the United States charge from the people.
Weren't there cries of Treachery against Pres Obama when creating the Iran Agreement of 2015? What DJT is doing is along the lines of Treachery with DJT Conspiring with Putin against Pres Biden's son that's the same as the US. Isn't that close to an act of Treachery against the US?

1648702366389.png

Weren't there cries of Treachery against Pres Obama when creating the Iran Agreement of 2015? What DJT is doing is along the lines of Treachery with DJT Conspiring with Putin against Pres Biden's son that's the same as the US. Isn't that close to an act of Treachery against the US?
I see Trump's actions as not only desperate but detrimental to the United States with possible war looming. It's more proof that Trump is only out for himself, is a liar and does not care about this country except as a vehicle to keep him out of jail, rake in the riches, and allow him to continue to subvert the law.
Treachery is not a legal term in the U.S. and ultimately, it's a side issue (as in what side you are on). It's notable that a portion of the electorate would side with Russia against the U.S. in a war all because there is a Democrat President. We all know that if the U.S. were to enter into war with Russia, Trump would still be engaging in this treachery, which could then be seen as Traitorous behavior; he's on the precipice right now.

Back
Top Bottom