• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inside Ted Cruz’s last-ditch battle to keep Trump in power

I'd hope that the 1/6 Committee digs deeply into this matter about the real Sen Cruz and his effort(s) to overthrow the results of our last election.

“Would you be willing to argue the case?” Trump asked Cruz, as the senator later recalled it.

“Sure, I’d be happy to” if the court granted a hearing, Cruz said he responded.

The call was just one step in a collaboration that for two months turned the once-bitter political enemies into close allies in the effort to keep Trump in the White House based on the president’s false claims about a stolen election. By Cruz’s own account, he was “leading the charge” to prevent the certification of Joe Biden as president.

An examination by The Washington Post of Cruz’s actions between Election Day and Jan. 6, 2021, shows just how deeply he was involved, working directly with Trump to concoct a plan that came closer than widely realized to keeping him in power. As Cruz went to extraordinary lengths to court Trump’s base and lay the groundwork for his own potential 2024 presidential bid, he also alienated close allies and longtime friends who accused him of abandoning his principles.

Ted "Insult my wife again Mr. President and I'll lick your other testicle" Cruz, again.

What a simpering, creepy, spineless little freak he is.

This coordinated media smear campaign will only intensify as Biden sinks in the polls
He and they are sinking faster than the Titanic in the polls.

He hires only the best?

Cruz, really?
In the eyes of a tv reality mob boss - carnie barkers working their seditionist cult.

He and they are sinking faster than the Titanic in the polls.
The differences, the crew of the titanic worked heroically and valiantly to slow the sinking of the ship. The members of the Democratic Party are just opening the sea cocks and dynamite in the water tight doors. They’re scuttling their own ship without launching a single boat

Cruz, for many years, has been close friends with Eastman. What it shows is that Cruz was an integral part of what the judge called a very strong possibility that Trump/Eastman committed crimes in their attempt to keep Trump in power.

What we are learning is how much larger the coup attempt actually was. The number of people actively involved keeps growing. You are trying to narrow it down to just one Cruz statement. It goes way farther than that. As we'll see in due time.
Your acute eye is on target. Cruz is only a piece of a much larger puzzle; however, he does appear to be a large piece. This is the reason that the 1/6 Committee needs to dig long and hard to make these important connections making it easier for the DOJ to swoop these bastards up if AG Garland doesn't get a bad case of cold feet.

What a simpering, creepy, spineless little freak he is.
There is definitely a freak factor to him. He truly belongs with the Mar-a-Lago gang in Fla - as a servant.

This coordinated media smear campaign will only intensify as Biden sinks in the polls

I’m sure the coordinated excuse making on Fox and right wing talk radio is telling you that! There are any number of Parler and Telegram groups you can hide in and hear the same thing.

A Congressional investigation is not a “coordinated media attack” But claiming that it is is trumpster sour grapes.

Own your disgrace.

Cruz is the poster child of the present day GOP - abandoned principles, soulless, and an utterly impotent example of manhood.

1648581075219.png

They've been digging for almost a year - only success they may enjoy is beating Mueller's nothingburger marathon.

"I don't see a problem here."
~ blind man

What you dismiss as "digging" is not digging, it's a broadening investigation into a GOP conspiracy to overthrow this republic and install a dictator. Furthermore, Mueller found obstruction of justice, not "nothing", so it's clear that you're incapable of viewing the evidence objectively.

I think we are witnessing the slow strangulation of American justice. There is NO crime too poisonous to our democracy to be dismissed by the fringes of both parties. Sadly, this particular investigation is not leading our nation closer to unity, it's just revealing the true scope of fascist treachery that exists within the GOP organization.

I would love to see Americans on both sides work together to make guilty heads roll, whomever they're attached to, but instead of that, the Republicans will choose to obstruct, deny and gaslight, as a party, to the detriment of our nation's political future. The democrats largely seemed to lack the fortitude to stand up for actual peace when they chose to cravenly characterize the Floyd protests, which set our cities on fire, as "peaceful", which was bad enough, but the GOP is now in the business of soft-selling treason. In that way, we are doubly ****ed.

As a moderate, I don't see a way out of this national apathy to criminal activity. Oh, how I'd love to see the many GOP traitors share a cell block with the entitled liberals who also tried to tear down our country. I wish they could fight it out with shanks and fists and leave the rest of us, who dare to believe in the founding principles, to build something without obsessing about the points in history where we've failed to live them or planning a future where they no longer exist.

I did laugh when I got to the part where Cruz’s old friends were accusing him of abandoning his principles!
The article lays out clearly Cruz's actions leading up to and immediately after January 6.

He willingly chose (and continues to choose) to be Trump's gimp, all in the hope he would endear himself to Trump's base. He emasculated himself more than Trump did, now his political ambitions get to suffer the consequences of it.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem ?
Because you just sited his statement of:
"
“Would you be willing to argue the case?” Trump asked Cruz, as the senator later recalled it.
“Sure, I’d be happy to” if the court granted a hearing, Cruz said he responded.
"
So Cruz said he would go to court and argue that the election was Fraudulent! "If the Courts would grant a hearing" !!!!......

But you imply that he is doing something wrong by saying he will go in to a US Court and take part of a Trail !
Unless you think due process is not longer allowed in America, I don't see what you find to be wrong here.
By Cruz’s own account, he was “leading the charge” to prevent the certification of Joe Biden as president.

That makes 'lying Ted' one out of a few top contenders the suspect planner to push bad trouble on 1/6/21. Worthy for the 1/6 Committee to dig harder on Cruz.

"I don't see a problem here."
~ blind man

What you dismiss as "digging" is not digging, it's a broadening investigation into a GOP conspiracy to overthrow this republic and install a dictator. Furthermore, Mueller found obstruction of justice, not "nothing", so it's clear that you're incapable of viewing the evidence objectively.

I think we are witnessing the slow strangulation of American justice. There is NO crime too poisonous to our democracy to be dismissed by the fringes of both parties. Sadly, this particular investigation is not leading our nation closer to unity, it's just revealing the true scope of fascist treachery that exists within the GOP organization.

I would love to see Americans on both sides work together to make guilty heads roll, whomever they're attached to, but instead of that, the Republicans will choose to obstruct, deny and gaslight, as a party, to the detriment of our nation's political future. The democrats largely seemed to lack the fortitude to stand up for actual peace when they chose to cravenly characterize the Floyd protests, which set our cities on fire, as "peaceful", which was bad enough, but the GOP is now in the business of soft-selling treason. In that way, we are doubly ****ed.

As a moderate, I don't see a way out of this national apathy to criminal activity. Oh, how I'd love to see the many GOP traitors share a cell block with the entitled liberals who also tried to tear down our country. I wish they could fight it out with shanks and fists and leave the rest of us, who dare to believe in the founding principles, to build something without obsessing about the points in history where we've failed to live them or planning a future where they no longer exist.
You just described "digging" perfectly.

Overthrowing the results of election fraud is a good thing.
You have to show that the results were fraudulent first though. The president can't just publicly declare it was fraudulent, or he is committing fraud himself. If you then act solely on that public declaration to overthrow the election results, you are committing the crime of sedition against your country.

Cruz, for many years, has been close friends with Eastman. What it shows is that Cruz was an integral part of what the judge called a very strong possibility that Trump/Eastman committed crimes in their attempt to keep Trump in power.

What we are learning is how much larger the coup attempt actually was. The number of people actively involved keeps growing. You are trying to narrow it down to just one Cruz statement. It goes way farther than that. As we'll see in due time.
What you still refuse to admit, is that Trump wanted to get the Courts to ACTUALLY look at his evidence ! Not blow it off for "Procedural Technicalities"
which is how most of his cases were dismissed!

Just like that Call to the GA Sec of State!!!....
Trump had his legal team on the line and GA had their legal team on the line and Trump said FIND THOSE MISSING VOTES !....
What happened ????....
The CRIMINALS leaked the Audio to the media! Them Media cut the audio to make all the dumb Sheep "Feel" Trump committed a crime!
But there was no legal action???......???? If Trump was lying then this is ABSOLUTE PROOF of Treason and Abuse of Power!!!!!.... (Right?)

But here we are 1+yrs later and no action from all the Traitors that are saying Trump is the bad Guy ???... But Trump was fighing to go to court!

Think about it !

Also go look at GA , as time has gone by Trumps initials Claims are coming to light !

You just described "digging" perfectly.

When digging, you don't know what you'll find. In this case, we know already what we'll find. Namely, corruption, treason and a conspiracy to hide it.

By Cruz’s own account, he was “leading the charge” to prevent the certification of Joe Biden as president.

That makes 'lying Ted' one out of a few top contenders the suspect planner to push bad trouble on 1/6/21. Worthy for the 1/6 Committee to dig harder on Cruz.
And if Biden's win was due to a Coup Against the American Voters then EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL should have tried to decertify !

Did you miss that hole part where Trump was trying to go to court to prove the Coup happened? They were not hiding anything ! They
have evidence and tried to go to F'ing Court !!!!!

Yet you people are so damn gaslighted that you think he did something clandestinely !!!! Even when he try to get >50 court cases to be seen by
US Judges! He even tried to get the SCOTUS to hear his case! Texas and ~160 other State officials trying to get the election Fraud case in front of the
SCOUTS !!!

When digging, you don't know what you'll find. In this case, we know already what we'll find. Namely, corruption, treason and a conspiracy to hide it.
Of course, Mr Mueller. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom