• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inside Donetsk, the separatist republic that triggered the war in Ukraine

DONTbite

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

I look at the separatists in Ukraine through the lens of what's been happening to our political right for the past 5-6 years. This is what Putin does. He uses spin and propaganda and lies to split people apart and create division. In the case of Ukraine, they've been consuming a steady stream of propaganda for 10 years, especially in the eastern parts of the country. Putin did this to undermine the budding democracy in Ukraine after they overthrew his puppet dictator. He wanted an uprising of his own that would rise up and take the country back from the pro-democracy wing of Ukraine. It failed. So he tried to corrupt Zelensky. That failed so he tried to assassinate him. That failed so then he decided to just go in and overthrow the government.

He's tried to do the same thing to break apart the EU, NATO and he's been trying to same thing in the US.

Perhaps it's time to wage more misinformation campaigns in Russia to sow discontent with Putin amongst the Russian electorate.

For example, I heard Putin has a boyfriend on the side.

it's not exactly Putin's propaganda. People that are in Donetsk are ethnically and linguistically Russian. They naturally want to be apart of Russia

Perhaps it's time to wage more misinformation campaigns in Russia to sow discontent with Putin amongst the Russian electorate.

For example, I heard Putin has a boyfriend on the side.

I wonder if the CIA is already on that.

They naturally want to be apart of Russia
Give them a map and a car ride to Russia then. Lots easier and saner to do then turning a nation into a large killing field.

Give them a map and a car ride to Russia then. Lots easier and saner to do then turning a nation into a large killing field.
they have lived there for generations. Make Catholics move out of NI then

Back
Top Bottom