• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Inquiring minds want to know......

vergiss said:
Oy vey. Winning would be preferable because no one wants the Coalition to lose.

Those who were at that protest certainly do., those who want us to pull out now certainly want us to.

Duh. I support the victory, just not the war.

:rofl do you realize how illogical that is, what a falicious statement it is. Well just what do you want us to win if not the war?

Do you honestly think I'm sitting here thinking "Go terrorists, go!"? :lol: Keep dreaming.

I would hope not but if you do not support our victory in this war...................

On the other hand, I don't want our troops to be slaughtered in a worst-case scenario,

No one does, do you really think those that support the war do so because they want our soldiers slaughtered. We want this to end a quickly as possible. The way to do that is to kill as many of the enemy as possible else convince them it is not worth it for them to continue because we WILL fight them unil we ARE victorious. Those who present this pull out now, the war is illegal, the war is about Bush and his buddies, and show weakness to our enemies make our task that much more difficult and that much longer endanger our troops more than would otherwise be necessary.

How can you say you support the troops if you don't care how many of them needlessly die when victory isn't going to happen and retreat is the best course of action?

Do you believe that to be the case, that the enemy is bound to win and defeat us?

Remember Vietnam? Generally, you're supposed to learn from past mistakes.

I would hope you would. We gave up, the people lost the will to fight along with our leaders, those in congress, losing thier will to win. Our enemy saw and held out until we withdrew and handed victory to them. And what happened after we withdrew, exactly what those who warned against allow North Vietnam to win said would happen. Millions were murdered and millions have since lived under oppression.

I note we are easily maintaining our position and you're just repeating the same crap in the remote hope of finding a weakness.

Not with nonsensicle statements like "I support victory but not the war".

Navy Pride said:
Are Cindy and Jesse and item? inquiring minds want to know.........:lol:

http://www.lucianne.com/routine/images/09-26-05.jpg

That picture is so priceless, it‘s a keeper!

Now you just need to juxtapose that picture in your mind with Ramsey Clark at the International A.N.S.W.E.R. rally where they chanted “Free Palestine, Free Palestine, Free Palestine,” and not one person ever said a bad word against Palestinian terrorists.

Being against a war is not wrong, it is just how one does it that makes them a traitor or a patriot. Since this is not a situation that involved a response to an ICBM, where Congress would not have time to respond, the sniveling cowards in Congress abdicated their responsibilities. So I could be against the war and be a patriot. That does not mean that I believe the war in Iraq is illegal, or unnecessary, but it does mean that I forever will remember the gorgeous woman killed when the Chinese Embassy was bombed after the 213 to 213 vote that had plaintive wails from the balcony to “vote no.“

What is really ironic about the protests this past weekend is one of the main financial supporters of the rally was International ANSWER which is a subversive organization that receives funding and supports the governments of North Korea and Cuba..........

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
What is really ironic about the protests this past weekend is one of the main financial supporters of the rally was International ANSWER which is a subversive organization that receives funding and supports the governments of North Korea and Cuba..........
The enemy is not hard to see.

I support the mission, because I know Saddam violated the 687 cease-fire, and Saddam knew what we considered terrorism as his regime sent a letter to the UN not long after 911 saying he was going to continue to send those payments (supporting what he knew we considered terrorism).

Just wish Congress had declared war so we could have some interment camps for the fifth column.

What do the anti-war protesters that go to an International A.N.S.W.E.R rally really want?

Have they saved one life or have any chance to bring peace?

Surrendering to Saddam’s attitude and analysis could never bring peace, unless their definition of “peace” is tyranny and the obvious destruction of Israel along with anything else that offends the Baathist/Nazi/Islamifascists.

Containment (war for oil) + Oil for Food (humanitarian hypocrisy) = Peace for Greed

I am an anti-lukewarm “liberal” arts of war protester, as I just want us to fight just wars we intend to bring to a conclusion that does not involve our surrender.

DivineComedy said:
The enemy is not hard to see.

I support the mission, because I know Saddam violated the 687 cease-fire, and Saddam knew what we considered terrorism as his regime sent a letter to the UN not long after 911 saying he was going to continue to send those payments (supporting what he knew we considered terrorism).

Just wish Congress had declared war so we could have some interment camps for the fifth column.

What do the anti-war protesters that go to an International A.N.S.W.E.R rally really want?

Have they saved one life or have any chance to bring peace?

Surrendering to Saddam’s attitude and analysis could never bring peace, unless their definition of “peace” is tyranny and the obvious destruction of Israel along with anything else that offends the Baathist/Nazi/Islamifascists.

Containment (war for oil) + Oil for Food (humanitarian hypocrisy) = Peace for Greed

I am an anti-lukewarm “liberal” arts of war protester, as I just want us to fight just wars we intend to bring to a conclusion that does not involve our surrender.

There were a lot of left wing subversive groups at that rally using the naive liberals as a tool to support there own cause which has very little to do with the war in Iraq..........

Navy Pride said:
Now can we get back to your liberals hero Cindy.....Doesn't she look nice in the picture.............:lol: Like I said, Inquiring minds want to know.......

Are Jesse and Cindy and item?

Actually, real enquiring minds tend not to bother themselves with other people's sex lives. We leave that to the Catholic Church.

Hey Stinger... you asked about winning the war. Who against? Sorry, I just cannot recall who y'all are fighting.

Stinger said:
Well I don't know who you are talking about. I for one want and urge you to say EXACTLY what you mean. You and others just seem to have trouble doing so.
Ummm, no. We're not saying what you want us to be saying and so you're putting words in our mouths. You're also under the illusion that you have a firm grasp of logic. Operating under this illusion, you are attempting something beyond your capability. Try again.
Dezaad said:
You see, the troops are doing what they do at the behest of the people. Troops are not the ones making the decisions, so we consider them to be obeying orders, and therefore do, in fact, support what they do: Their Duty.
But not if it is unlawful and polls show without a doubt that the troops support what we are doing over there so your arguement is falicious.
Firstly, are you really saying that our troops should be apprised of the treaties to which we are party, the balances of power our Constitution has enshrined, and the Judicial rulings that have interpreted it all? Then, and only then, should they decide whether to obey an order to go to war, assuming they all agree that it was ordered lawfully? Are you REALLY saying this???

Secondly, I don't even have an opinion about whether the war was lawfully ordered. Therefore, It can't even come into my decision making with regard to whether or not to support the troops. Regardless, my support for the troops would not change if I did come to the conclusion it was unlawfully ordered. Because I don't agree that their decision to fight should in any way hinge on whether they believe it was lawfully ordered. The notion is ludicrous.

You seem to be under the illusion that a soldier would be able to lawfully disobey an order to fight if the war itself was unlawful. Based on the principle that the soldier ought not obey an unlawful order? This is glaringly false.

Dezaad said:
As for wanting them to win, I don't think a person needs to want troops to win in order support them. For instance, I would still support our troops if we invaded Canada tomorrow, but I would not want them to win. I would think what we, the people, would be doing was wrong wrong wrong. However, in the case of Iraq, this is not an issue. It is almost unanimous. We all want them to win, ...
So you don't want them to win you prefer our enemies to win?
I have clearly stated here that we all want them to win. Is reading difficult for you? Maybe that's why logic is so tough...
Well if we leave now we lose. We only win if we stay. So why do you support those who want us to leave now?
There is no inconsistency here.
  • I believe that leaving might be a good idea.
  • If we stay I want them to win.
  • Regardless of whether we stay or leave, I support our troops when they obey our representatives orders. I just may or may not agree with those orders.
Are you saying that any order to leave Iraq before victory would be unsupportive of our troops? Bush wouldn't be wanting them to win anymore, so he'd be unsupportive? Because, that's what people who support ending the war want. An order to leave Iraq.

I note you are now trying to jump through hoops and qualifiers in order to maintain your position.
I know that subtle realities are difficult for you to hold in your mind. Life just turned out to be so complex, and you just can't handle it, so you reduce it to the sound bites you're fed from the wacko right. I realize it is much simpler, and more comfortable that way; but, please, don't accuse me of jumping through hoops just because you can't follow.

Last edited:
Naughty Nurse said:
It's because some people sem to be capable only of towing certain lines - the GWB line, the Vatican line, or whatever. Whenever certain people are challenged to substantiate their opinions they consistently fail to do so.

I believe that the military should be non-political, and should do as ordered by their government, be that right or wrong.Therefore it is possible that military personnel do not agree with their own missions, but being professionals accept their responsibility to carry them out to the best of their abilities.

That given, it is perfectly possible for citizens to support the troops but not their mission.

I must concur with this
I support the troops 100%, everyday, all day, but that does not mean i have to agree with why an administration or congress sends them on a mission/war
and just because i disagree with where or why the troops are sent somewhere does not mean i do not want them to come home safe and sound
and unfortunately usually the only way to bring the troops home from action is by winning the action

Everything I have, i owe to those who chose to serve
and i thank you for that from the bottom of my heart

Naughty Nurse said:
Actually, real enquiring minds tend not to bother themselves with other people's sex lives. We leave that to the Catholic Church.

Do you hate all Catholics that follow their faith or just the Pope?

Navy Pride said:
Do you hate all Catholics that follow their faith or just the Pope?

Who mentioned the Pope?

Actually, I don't really hate anybody. The Pope? Never met him, but I regard him as a very dangerous man.

Catholics in general? I know some lovely Catholics. I do have a problem with those Catholocs who feel they can and should influence the way I live my life because they choose to believe something that I don't.

Oh, CHIEF, real enquiring minds need to know about the earrings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
Well I don't know who you are talking about. I for one want and urge you to say EXACTLY what you mean. You and others just seem to have trouble doing so.

Dezaad said:
Ummm, no. We're not saying what you want us to be saying and so you're putting words in our mouths.

No you're the one engaged in that as evidence by the above. As I said before I want to hear exactly and spcificially what YOU believe.

You're also under the illusion that you have a firm grasp of logic

I'm trying to grasp your logic.

Secondly, I don't even have an opinion about whether the war was lawfully ordered.

Then I trust you will refrain from commenting on the opinions of others in that regard.

Therefore, It can't even come into my decision making with regard to whether or not to support the troops.

Then I see no point in trying to have a discussin with you on the issue. When you make up your mind let me know.

I have clearly stated here that we all want them to win. Is reading difficult for you? Maybe that's why logic is so tough..

Them also meaing all of us, the United States? And winning meaning we stay until as the President has said the Iraqi's are ready to take over the fight and persue their road to a representitive government on thier own and a country where terrorist cannot use the resources their to further their cause? That is the mission now.

If so then we agree.

cnredd said:
You make the call...:2wave:

09-26-05.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god! That is so true! I love that sign that says:

"WORST PRESIDENT EVER"!!!:rock

Sure looks like true love to me, at least on the part of good old Cindy....Jesse does not look to happy though......:lol:

Navy Pride said:
Sure looks like true love to me, at least on the part of good old Cindy....Jesse does not look to happy though......:lol:

Does she look a little ... well how shall I say ... ummm retarded to you?...LOL No offense to any retarded or dysfunctional people out there. She just has that really odd look about her.:lol:

Calm2Chaos said:
Does she look a little ... well how shall I say ... ummm retarded to you?...LOL No offense to any retarded or dysfunctional people out there. She just has that really odd look about her.:lol:

If you watched her speak you would see she always has that goofy look on her face......

She is probably the best thing to happen to the Republican Party since Dean was elected to head the DNC.......

Navy Pride said:
If you watched her speak you would see she always has that goofy look on her face......

She is probably the best thing to happen to the Republican Party since Dean was elected to head the DNC.......

You are disgusting. How can you take so much glee and joy in a grief-stricken mother? Look, I dont like her and I think she is a fruit cake, but, there is a certain measure of respect to be given to anyone who has lost anyone in this war...you with your espousing these views about support the military...come on, now. Personally, I am of the opinion that she is just an easy target for your bitter, sallow existence.

jallman said:
You are disgusting. How can you take so much glee and joy in a grief-stricken mother? Look, I dont like her and I think she is a fruit cake, but, there is a certain measure of respect to be given to anyone who has lost anyone in this war...you with your espousing these views about support the military...come on, now. Personally, I am of the opinion that she is just an easy target for your bitter, sallow existence.

I have sympathy for every mother who has lost a son in war but your hero Cindy has become a joke, at best a tool of the far left of the far left you belong to and at worse a traitor to the USA......Jackson and her should just go home and romance one another....:lol:

Navy Pride said:
I have sympathy for every mother who has lost a son in war but your hero Cindy has become a joke, at best a tool of the far left of the far left you belong to and at worse a traitor to the USA......Jackson and her should just go home and romance one another....:lol:

Just another example of your maturity level chiefy boy. Little chief, you have been challenged, you failed. You make little dimwitted, half baked snipes at anyone who disagrees with you and everywhere you look you see liberals even where there are none. Your skills are pathetic at best and you serve no purpose except to make the good conservatives look bad. Keep smokin that rock, chiefy...crack kills.

jallman said:
Just another example of your maturity level chiefy boy. Little chief, you have been challenged, you failed. You make little dimwitted, half baked snipes at anyone who disagrees with you and everywhere you look you see liberals even where there are none. Your skills are pathetic at best and you serve no purpose except to make the good conservatives look bad. Keep smokin that rock, chiefy...crack kills.

Like I already told you my Liberal friend if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its a duck............Just own up to it...........Be proud of your liberal thinking..............everyone knows that is what you are.........

Navy Pride said:
Like I already told you my Liberal friend if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its a duck............Just own up to it...........Be proud of your liberal thinking..............everyone knows that is what you are.........

I never said I didnt have some liberal thinking. I just dont throw in with the whole liberal agenda. At the same time, I dont throw in with the entire conservative agenda. Why is that so hard for you to grasp...oh wait, we established the extra chromosome thing a while back...now I have to go so put your helmet on and play with your chew toy.

jallman said:

Maybe she should seek solice with those nice freedom fighters in Iraq

Calm2Chaos said:
Maybe she should seek solice with those nice freedom fighters in Iraq

She might as well.....In her warped mind she thinks the terrorist in Iraq are the good guys and we are the bad guys......:confused:

jallman said:
I never said I didnt have some liberal thinking. I just dont throw in with the whole liberal agenda. At the same time, I dont throw in with the entire conservative agenda. Why is that so hard for you to grasp...oh wait, we established the extra chromosome thing a while back...now I have to go so put your helmet on and play with your chew toy.

you can put whatever you want in your signature
but people will judge you by your positions and 'arguments'
and i have yet to see anything conservative out of you
atleast something that was not a veil of conservativism
dont hate yourself for being liberal, there is nothing wrong with it
but there is a problem with how angry you are, and maybe it is just because you can not accept who you are

Back
Top Bottom