• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Injuries reported after reported shooting at South Carolina mall, police say

He was charged as an accessory before the fact for having a gun at that fight. 22 people were arrested, several minors, including the mother of the 21 year old who shot and killed Rice. The police were proud that they arrested every single person at that shootout, which was arranged after a fight at the school between two 'rival groups' over what the police termed 'teenaged drama.'

Since he obviously didn't shoot anyone, the charge of assisting in a crime didn't stick. It sounds to me like the police went nuts.
That's not unusual for them to do. It's also a failure that out of the 3 they actually arrested none were the shooter. 2 weren't even involved

They're getting somewhere now: second suspect arrested (this one charged with attempted murder) and a third identified but not yet caught.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Police in South Carolina have announced the arrest of a second person connected to a shootout inside a busy shopping mall in the state’s capital, one of two mass shootings that rocked the state over the Easter holiday weekend.

Columbia Police Chief W.H. “Skip” Holbrook on Monday said police have arrested Marquise Love Robinson, 20. Authorities are also seeking a third suspect, Amari Sincere-Jamal Smith. Both men face charges of attempted murder and nine counts of aggravated assault and battery.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Additional charges have been brought against Jewayne Price who was previously arrested for carrying without a CWP. His attorney said he was a victim and he turned himself in; he was freed on $25,000 bond with an ankle monitor. Price is now charged with 9 counts of assault and attempted murder, same as Robinson, and has not been released.

The Chief kept repeating at the second press briefing (which I can't copy for love or money) that these three individuals decided to take guns into a crowded mall on Saturday and use those guns to shoot at each other, injuring nine people. So even if Jewayne didn't start it, the Chief isn't letting him off the hook for bringing a gun and firing, it sounds like.

They are saying Amari, the third suspect, is armed and dangerous.

1650343044649.png

Last edited:
Just as usual, another member of the far left progressive fringe jumping out in front to make silly predictions. Which I would not be so quick to do given some of the preliminary reports. As in the part about "12 injured and THREE people arrested".

Now, I'm not making any predictions either, and this could have been for all we know three people who just went to the mall after their NRA meeting... or maybe a group of miltia members buying camo pants at the Old Navy Store and got into some altercation. However, mall in South Carolina, 12 shot (none yet reported dead), and THREE people arrested....well... "Pat, I would like to solve the puzzle" is my gut reaction.

But, I will wait for more information before jumping ahead.;)
I guess my suspicions about the people who did this was right. It wasn't NRA members.... probably just a lucky guess.;)

d958cf7b-c563-4da3-af6c-17ff5d7bc73d_image.jpg

I guess my suspicions about the people who did this was right. It wasn't NRA members.... probably just a lucky guess.;)

d958cf7b-c563-4da3-af6c-17ff5d7bc73d_image.jpg
They're kids. When I taught at Job Corps, I had students just like them, and we talked about guns and gun violence. Of course, you can imagine what I contributed. My students said No, No, No, Mizz ___ I'd be crazy not to carry at home. Everyone has a gun, you gotta have one to defend yourself. All. Of. Them. It would be like sending a soldier onto the battlefield without a rifle.

Life is cheap to them, and I couldn't teach em different. You need to start a lot younger than 20.

They're kids. When I taught at Job Corps, I had students just like them, and we talked about guns and gun violence. Of course, you can imagine what I contributed. My students said No, No, No, Mizz ___ I'd be crazy not to carry at home. Everyone has a gun, you gotta have one to defend yourself. All. Of. Them. It would be like sending a soldier onto the battlefield without a rifle.
I don't give them any excuses. I was a teenager who owned guns too. My buddies and I would head up into the local foothills after school and spend hours target shooting safely. Never once did any of us feel inspired to use a gun to harm anyone.

Life is cheap to them, and I couldn't teach em different. You need to start a lot younger than 20.
No offense, but teachers cannot do more than parents can do after starting a kid on the right course. The lack of strong male role models in the Black community is problem. One mainly encouraged by the failed "great society" social welfare programs which only further marginalized Black men, especially Black fathers. But that being said, what of all of the other young Black men who have had limited opportunities who would NEVER be like these three? These are just bad seeds, and the system needs to be harsh on them, not give them more chances. Time to lock them up and serve hard time.

What do you mean by them? Black people? If your students were just like them and they are black you must mean them as code for Black people. I Don’t Believe that to be true, but thats how simple phrases get twisted all to often by over eager SJWs,

But to your point, that’s why gun control like magazine limits or one gun a month nonsense is laughable as a effective form of crime deterrent. Someone who has no respect for human life isn’t going to respect a magazine limit.

I don't give them any excuses. I was a teenager who owned guns too. My buddies and I would head up into the local foothills after school and spend hours target shooting safely. Never once did any of us feel inspired to use a gun to harm anyone.

No offense, but teachers cannot do more than parents can do after starting a kid on the right course. The lack of strong male role models in the Black community is problem. One mainly encouraged by the failed "great society" social welfare programs which only further marginalized Black men, especially Black fathers. But that being said, what of all of the other young Black men who have had limited opportunities who would NEVER be like these three? These are just bad seeds, and the system needs to be harsh on them, not give them more chances. Time to lock them up and serve hard time.
Did you read what they told me? They feel it's self defense. They are fighting a war of their own creation, killing for respect. Don't just ignore that.

Of course they need to serve time and their punishment should be harsh. This ain't right. But it's not because they're evil.

If you have an arrest record good luck getting a CWP
He doesn't have an record. Convictions, not an arrest where charges were dropped, can lead to denial. C.P.D. said in their press conference he has no criminal record.
He's also being defended by one of the best attorneys in the state...and the guy is also a state rep

South Carolina is a stand your ground state. If he can prove self defense the DA is barking up the wrong tree

No more ankle bracelet for Jewayne Price. He has been denied bail now that he has been charged with attempted murder.

His attorney says Price is a victim and previous complaints about threats from the other two will prove it.

They still haven't found the third suspect, Amari Smith.

When someone like me says they are in jail or stopped by police more than whites is because they COMMIT MORE crimes, the left goes ballistic. They hate it when a mass shooting turns out to be a racist black guy.
You finally got something right for a change. Leftists do indeed hate it if/when a "Black guy" commits a mass shooting. Leftists also hate it if/when a white guy, an anti-Jewish guy, an anti-gay guy, an anti-Muslim guy, an anti-Asian guy, an anti-theist guy, or any other deranged, self-loathing, asshole commits a "mass shooting." Leftists are just flat-out silly like that when innocents are slaughtered in senseless "mass shootings", regardless of the race, creed, or color of the mass shooter/murderer.

You finally got something right for a change. Leftists do indeed hate it if/when a "Black guy" commits a mass shooting. Leftists also hate it if/when a white guy, an anti-Jewish guy, an anti-gay guy, an anti-Muslim guy, an anti-Asian guy, an anti-theist guy, or any other deranged, self-loathing, asshole commits a "mass shooting." Leftists are just flat-out silly like that when innocents are slaughtered in senseless "mass shootings", regardless of the race, creed, or color of the mass shooter/murderer.
Your post is spot on.

They hate it cause they prefer a mass shooter to be WHITE and that he be a TRUMP supporter. They would be delighted if that were the case. When it is a black man <chirp, chirp>

They hate it cause they prefer a mass shooter to be WHITE and that he be a TRUMP supporter. They would be delighted if that were the case. When it is a black man <chirp, chirp>
Back to being oh-so wrong again, not surprisingly. No. "They" would 'not' be "delighted" if 'any' mass shooting occurred, regardless of the race, creed, color, or political lean of who perpetrated the slaughter of innocents in a "mass shooting." It's just a really, really stupid thing to declare 'anyone' who values the lives of innocents, would think for a second "delight" is derived from a mass shooting.

Back to being oh-so wrong again, not surprisingly. No. "They" would 'not' be "delighted" if 'any' mass shooting occurred, regardless of the race, creed, color, or political lean of who perpetrated the slaughter of innocents in a "mass shooting." It's just a really, really stupid thing to declare 'anyone' who values the lives of innocents, would think for a second "delight" is derived from a mass shooting.
A liberal reporter lamented that the shooter was black. I think he spoke for all liberals.

No more ankle bracelet for Jewayne Price. He has been denied bail now that he has been charged with attempted murder.

His attorney says Price is a victim and previous complaints about threats from the other two will prove it.

They still haven't found the third suspect, Amari Smith.
I think this is a case of let the court decide...which stinks if its self defense and it seems it is. The Amari kid..I'm almost certain I saw him and a girl and a truck stop about an hour north of Savannah...they both looked young and she looked irritated and tired...yes. I sent a tip.

Fact check on Price's criminal record: in 2018, the Grand Jury nixed the charges and the case was dismissed.

Robinson, not so much: "Our team also asked about Robinson’s history. He was arrested in November of 2020 for Unlawful Carrying of a Pistol and Possession of a Stolen Motor Vehicle. He applied to and was accepted into a Pre-Trial Intervention Program. Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) is a diversionary program that provides rehabilitative services to first time offenders.
They are required to perform community service, make restitution to any victims, participate in individual and group counseling, and receive vocational and educational services. He successfully completed the program in July of 2021, and per state law, his charges were dismissed and will be expunged from his record by SLED."-
https://www.wistv.com/2022/04/20/execution-date-set-sc-inmate/

Back
Top Bottom