• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Injuries reported after reported shooting at South Carolina mall, police say

Well, it's good news no one died. Sounds like gangs or kids in wannabe gangs, and those groups seem to be the absolutely worse shots in the history of firearms. I keep thinking of Hood nic. 28 people shot, for chrissakes, over a shoot out between 2 people. That's some poor marksmanship. But I suppose if they were good, it would be even worse.

Once again, I feel really bad for those folks just out doing some shopping on a Saturday afternoon who got SHOT for no reason. Welcome to America.

I suppose the sensible thing to do is wait for the bodies to get cold before we can talk about gun control in a thread about a shooting. Unfortunately, there are so many shootings that there are always warm bodies, which means there wouldn't ever be an appropriate time to talk about gun contr-

Ohhhhhh. I get it now.

See Post #20.
A most excellent reply to you.

Yep, “gun control” laws are very special laws - which folks seem to think that criminals will obey.

Not only do you think that signs are posted to stop crime, you also think that laws are enacted to stop crime.

See Post #20.
A most excellent reply to you.
No it wasn’t. The only reason you have for thinking it was a “most excellent reply” is because you grasp on some basic level that it was a rebuttal, and because it was a position contrary to my own, it must therefore have been “excellent.”

No it wasn’t. The only reason you have for thinking it was a “most excellent reply” is because you grasp on some basic level that it was a rebuttal, and because it was a position contrary to my own, it must therefore have been “excellent.”

I'm sorry that you didn't like Post #20 because I can't think of a more fitting reply.

That you didn't like it is no concern of mine.

Well, it's good news no one died. Sounds like gangs or kids in wannabe gangs, and those groups seem to be the absolutely worse shots in the history of firearms.
Good point! Well, at least we can rule out the Jewish kids this time, becaause today is shabbat.

I keep thinking of Hood nic. 28 people shot, for chrissakes, over a shoot out between 2 people. That's some poor marksmanship. But I suppose if they were good, it would be even worse.
So, we can rule out Boy Scouts and NRA members too, because they are usually pretty good shots.

Once again, I feel really bad for those folks just out doing some shopping on a Saturday afternoon who got SHOT for no reason. Welcome to America.
Well, not all of America, but certainly in some neighborhoods.

Then you should tell that to people who argue against gun control laws because only innocent people will follow them.

We point that out all the time.

As a Canadian and originally from Europe, I don't understand this obsession of guns that the Americans have.

Let us say that a government becomes opressive at one point. How is the average Joe going to fight the US military which has the newest weaponery.

Furthermore, a hacker can go into Joe's house and shut off his power or even hack his navigation system in the car. Cyber warfare is the future. How is a gun going to help you?

Without a dose of irony, I am looking for a reasonable argument to understand this phenomen (aside that is part of the Constitution).
What is your argument? Let's start with that.

And the mass shooting problem just continues on. Same shit different day.

America at this point is an incredibly violent society.

What is your argument? Let's start with that.
You tell me. You are the one that needs to adapt so you can make a stand against a government. That is your ideology right? Always on the defensive.

So what is your plan? How are you going to convert the guns into cyber warfare defensive? and how are you going to fight against the US military and win?

You've got it inverted. Gun proponents like the NRA and the Republican Party are who tries to profit from these crises. People advocating for gun control aren't trying to profit from these crises, they're trying to prevent these crises.
Your solution?

Oh. WAIT. You have none.

You tell me. You are the one that needs to adapt so you can make a stand against a government. That is your ideology right? Always on the defensive.

So what is your plan? How are you going to convert the guns into cyber warfare defensive? and how are you going to fight against the US military and win?
That's not an argument. Why does the government ever need to even molest someone for keeping and bearing arms?

That's not an argument. Why does the government ever need to even molest someone for keeping and bearing arms?
Neil, these people want ALL guns confiscated and too chicken to just come out and say it. '
In almost every case of a shooting, it is a CRIMINAL with an illegal weapon or carrying it in an area that is restricted.

HOW do they get the criminals to turn in guns?

When California passed a law titled "use a gun, you're done" the jails were filled with black people. They couldn't have that, so they gave the judges discretion to essentially ignore the will of the people.

Neil, these people want ALL guns confiscated and too chicken to just come out and say it. '
In almost every case of a shooting, it is a CRIMINAL with an illegal weapon or carrying it in an area that is restricted.

HOW do they get the criminals to turn in guns?

When California passed a law titled "use a gun, you're done" the jails were filled with black people. They couldn't have that, so they gave the judges discretion to essentially ignore the will of the people.
The gun grabbers have no argument; they've been brainwashed by crony capitalists to be that way & the crony capitalist agenda is economically unjust legalized theft, oppression, and genocide.

ok so no solution given.

Only pointing the finger at the government and paranoia on the second post (confiscating all guns).

So maybe someone else wants to try on how they plan to adapt to fight the big government.

Let us say that a government becomes opressive at one point. How is the average Joe going to fight the US military which has the newest weaponery.

Furthermore, a hacker can go into Joe's house and shut off his power or even hack his navigation system in the car. Cyber warfare is the future. How is a gun going to help you?

Without a dose of irony, I am looking for a reasonable argument to understand this phenomen (aside that is part of the Constitution).

ok so no solution given.

Only pointing the finger at the government and paranoia on the second post (confiscating all guns).

So maybe someone else wants to try on how they plan to adapt to fight the big government.

Maybe seeing all the videos of what warfare is like right now in Ukraine will cause some of these believers to realize it's not 1780 anymore. But I doubt it. I've been asking the same question for years.

You'll probably hear, What about Switzerland? (Hitler didn't try to take it--supposedly because the citizens are all armed.)

Back
Top Bottom