• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Information for Calif liberals

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
FYI Calif liberals, here in Lincoln Ne the price of gas is $1.99, and my son in Okla say it is $1.75. So how much is your gas in your liberal tax and spend paradise? Dont you think it may be time to vote out all the tax and spenders you have in your Legis????????

BTW good luck is coming your way, I hear the loony Gov moombeam is not running again.

I honestly cannot think of any liberal that’s complained about high gas prices. That would be like me complaining there are too many guns in Texas.

Last edited:
FYI Calif liberals, here in Lincoln Ne the price of gas is $1.99, and my son in Okla say it is $1.75. So how much is your gas in your liberal tax and spend paradise? Dont you think it may be time to vote out all the tax and spenders you have in your Legis????????

BTW good luck is coming your way, I hear the loony Gov moombeam is not running again.

The closer one is to the southern terminus of the Mississippi river the cheaper the gas. Many refineries in that area.

The closer one is to the southern terminus of the Mississippi river the cheaper the gas. Many refineries in that area.

And cancer.

Refineries are good for that.

bb9e6a52d82513ae6fa701d49945674e.jpg

Well, besides gasoline, you can take a crap in the middle of main street, but don't you dare ask for a straw in a restaurant! It this a great state or what?!

Gov. Brown as odd a ball as he is was relatively fiscally conservative and built up a surplus, that the liberal democrats Newsome represents are salivating to spend. Most of our gas taxes go to pad public employee retirement funds rather than to roads. Roads don't make political contributions, but public unions do.

You realize you are inserting logic into Logical1’s logic free thread? A nobel effort but waste of time.

Well, besides gasoline, you can take a crap in the middle of main street, but don't you dare ask for a straw in a restaurant! It this a great state or what?!

Gov. Brown as odd a ball as he is was relatively fiscally conservative and built up a surplus, that the liberal democrats Newsome represents are salivating to spend. Most of our gas taxes go to pad public employee retirement funds rather than to roads. Roads don't make political contributions, but public unions do.

The surplus in Calif. is not but in Kansas, is directly tied to the last federal tax code.

Last edited:

A fiscal conservative who raised taxes and why ?

A decade ago, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted to use $1.1 billion in Public Transportation Account
(money to offset huge shortfalls in general-fund revenue caused by tax cuts and excessive government spending).

The burden of the gas tax falls disproportionately on low-income Californians. The legislature responded by creating the
Mass Transportation Fund, allowing $637 million to be moved out of the PTA.

From 2007 to 2010, $1.3 billion in transportation funds was spent not to build or repair state roads but to finance other
programs that were apparently more politically rewarding (i.e., generated more votes) than fixing bridges and filling potholes.

Obvious troll thread is obvious.

That's funny. Here in Minnesota we've had a Democratic governor for the last 8 years, gas is 1.95 a gallon and there's a large budget surplus.. Your premise was what again?

Californian's income is triple that of Nebraskans. Is there a ratio in play here?

Californian's income is triple that of Nebraskans. Is there a ratio in play here?

And over all Calif if BILLIONS in debt. In Nebr we have no debt.

And over all Calif if BILLIONS in debt. In Nebr we have no debt.

California in debt?............False...Nebraska?.....I imagine most Californians just Fly over that awful place...You can keep your cheap gas

Yes it does. Why does it never appear in anything you post. Truth and logic are surprisingly absent.

This is just a troll post...Tomorrow he'll make up some non sense about New York City....Pathetic

Ya Gov Brown can't run again, termed out.
But I paid $3.08 for gas today in CA

Maine is orange. Shoots your thesis all to hell and back.

It doesn’t even bear on the thesis.

All the darkest colored states are merged in a block, suggestive of but not proof of causative relationship. Eight orange states, the next darkest, border them or other orange states, excepting two strays, Maine and Nevada. Assuming density of refineries accounts for the higher cancer rates in these linked states, the map merely tells us that the higher cancer rates in Nevada and Maine are due to other causes, of which, with cancer, there are many. This is an interesting map.

It doesn’t even bear on the thesis.

All the darkest colored states are merged in a block, suggestive of but not proof of causative relationship. Eight orange states, the next darkest, border them or other orange states, excepting two strays, Maine and Nevada. Assuming density of refineries accounts for the higher cancer rates in these linked states, the map merely tells us that the higher cancer rates in Nevada and Maine are due to other causes, of which, with cancer, there are many. This is an interesting map.

Actually, the most appropriate interpretation of the map is poor healthcare. Cancer death rates don’t correlate perfectly with cancer incidence rates.

But if you get a county level map of cancer incidence, it’s pretty clear the refinery belt in LA and TX have ridiculously high levels of cancer per capita.

I didn’t bother to reply to Tom Horn because this would all be so far over his head it’s absolutely pointless.

Actually, the most appropriate interpretation of the map is poor healthcare. Cancer death rates don’t correlate perfectly with cancer incidence rates.

But if you get a county level map of cancer incidence, it’s pretty clear the refinery belt in LA and TX have ridiculously high levels of cancer per capita.

I didn’t bother to reply to Tom Horn because this would all be so far over his head it’s absolutely pointless.

The rates don’t correlate perfectly but they correlate approximately, and likely enough to effect this map. Health care might be an answer. Obesity is another cancer causative that is especially high in at least some of these states. The map is suggestive enough of something to merit looking into.

Back
Top Bottom