• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation in a line

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Inflation is global, caused by factors not under the president's control, including pandemic issues with supply chains and pent up demand exploding, and the Ukraine war adding to it. Biden HAS policies that would help a lot to reduce inflation, as 17 Nobel laureates signed a letter saying they would, and Republicans have blocked it because they WANT inflation as an election issue, and because they're corrupt and opposing what's good for the country.

Biden didn't cause inflation, however his policies will only make it worse. Biden claims that his tax increases will reduce inflation, but these tax increases will only make inflation worse.

Biden's tax increases (totaling more than $2 trillion), would raise the cost of doing business. Businesses will undoubtedly riase prices of their goods and services to offset the tax hikes, which means even HIGHER prices for consumers.

Biden is a failure on every level. Independents who were duped into voting for him in 2020 won't be making the same mistake in 2024.

(fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on ME.)

Biden didn't cause inflation, however his policies will only make it worse. Biden claims that his tax increases will reduce inflation, but these tax increases will only make inflation worse.

Biden's tax increases (totaling more than $2 trillion), would raise the cost of doing business. Businesses will undoubtedly riase prices of their goods and services to offset the tax hikes, which means even HIGHER prices for consumers.

Biden is a failure on every level. Independents who were duped into voting for him in 2020 won't be making the same mistake in 2024.

What about us independents that voted for neither Biden or Trump? We are certainly not about to vote for either party in 2024 because they and their supporters both still SUCK. Any suggestions on a 3rd party? Maybe the Transhumanist Party?

Can't be worse than what we've had the last 50 years.

What about us independents that voted for neither Biden or Trump? We are certainly not about to vote for either party in 2024 because they and their supporters both still SUCK. Any suggestions on a 3rd party? Maybe the Transhumanist Party?

No good. Their candidate has a Russian-sounding name. Even if it's only Hungarian.

This has been debunked hundreds of times. I'm surprised people are still saying this.

I would recommend the Libertarian Party as an alternative to the pitiful candidates the dems and GOP nominate.

"The U.S. Transhumanist Party was founded on October 7, 2014, and has since grown to over 3,600 members."

3600 members?? The Transhumanist Party sounds more like a cult that a legitimate political party. (IMO)
Dwight Eisenhower was president when I was born.

This current administration is, hands-down, the worst I have experienced in my lifetime. And it just gets worse with every failed policy that come's from this president.

This has been debunked hundreds of times. I'm surprised people are still saying this.
It's true, and Americans know it. That's why Biden's approval ratings are at a record low, and that's why Biden will not serve a second term. He is incompetent, and everything he touches turns to :poop:. Independents will not be duped a second time.

LOL, Rachel Haywire is their #2.

She's a lunatic that was fantastic for meltdowns on Facebook for a few years.

Trump and every other fascist on Earth thanks you for your help.

I would say write in Bernie, except only with a comment that I disagree and support voting for the Democratic nominee, but I won't because I don't want to add fuel to the 'Bernie supporters refuse to vote for Democrats' lie. If you want a third party, I know don't know any deserving ones. Peace and Freedom maybe?

I would say write in Bernie
Craig, Bernie never had a profession, aside from a few months of carpentry. How can one trust him in economics? Are you kidding? To give this man access to the money -> you risk the next election to have a Republican majority with a record in my opinion.

Biden is doing great in my view considering what is upon the world (Pandemic/War). I have a question for you though. When you hear the name of Manchin and Sinema how pissed off do you get? On a scale of 1 to 10? and do you support members of congress being harassed in the washroom by activists?

Have a peaceful night Craig. (y)

Last edited:
Craig, Bernie never had a profession, aside from a few months of carpentry. How can one trust him in economics? Are you kidding? To give this man access to the money -> you risk the next election to have a Republican majority with a record in my opinion.

I'd like to have a polite way to say this but that's the most idiotic argument I remember seeing this year. I could explain at length but.

Biden is doing great in my view considering what is upon the world (Pandemic/War). I have a question for you though. When you hear the name of Manchin and Sinema how pissed off do you get? On a scale of 1 to 10? and do you support members of congress being harassed in the washroom by activists?

This isn't about Biden. This was a post to someone who said they WON'T VOTE FOR BIDEN. I'm pretty unhappy with Manchin and Senima but I put the main blame on the states who elected Republicans. I haven't arrived at a firm position on "supporting" a tiny bit of bathroom accountability for scumbags, but my reaction is positive, as long as it's not excessive.

but I put the main blame on the states who elected Republicans.
Craig, we live in a democracy, of course, some states will vote Republican. Not everyone thinks like you. This is what a Trump supporter would say in my opinion: "I put the blame on states that vote Democrats because democrats are not good"..

and if you support congresswomen being followed to the bathroom in the name of activism then it shows a lack of respect towards government officials in my view. There is a time and place.

Always a pleasure Craig.

Craig, we live in a democracy, of course, some states will vote Republican. Not everyone thinks like you. This is what a Trump supporter would say in my opinion: "I put the blame on states that vote Democrats because democrats are not good"..

That's nonsense. A democracy doesn't make them pick bad candidates. How many American Nazi party were elected? And your comment is clueless. The topic is blame for Democrats' agenda being blocked. You brought up Manchin and Senima. The main blame goes to the 50 Republicans opposing it.
and if you support congresswomen being followed to the bathroom in the name of activism then it shows a lack of respect towards government officials in my view. There is a time and place.

Well, they're showing a far larger lack of respect to the system, the people and the country with their extreme corruption. What is that time and place? The protesters can't break in during their interview with Tucker Carlson and confront them. They should be made something of Pariahs. No doubt you think that 'goes both ways' and then Democrats would equally deserve it because you equate honest and corrupt politicians.

Well, they're showing a far larger lack of respect to the system, the people and the country with their extreme corruption. What is that time and place? The protesters can't break in during their interview with Tucker Carlson and confront them. They should be made something of Pariahs. No doubt you think that 'goes both ways' and then Democrats would equally deserve it because you equate honest and corrupt politicians.
I actually am in agreement 100 % with this article from CNN:

which I have an intuition you dismissed from the very start because any other point than what you think is right -> is wrong from your view.

You can't go in after people while they are at the bathroom, come on Craig, find some reason. You are right, back on topic. I support Biden's policies more than Sanders's policies. :p

We have zero evidence that throwing more government spending into the economy going up against supply side faults and various global energy issues will do anything but make inflationary pressures worse.

Cancel all the student debt, triple the cost of Build Back Better, and hand out more checks and all you do is amplify the amount of dollars out there chasing the goods and services at the levels we are seeing.

No where in fiscal policy or monetary policy economic principles is the idea of throwing more money at inflation problems.

which I have an intuition you dismissed from the very start because any other point than what you think is right -> is wrong from your view.

Your intuition is consistent - wrong on issues and that.

Back
Top Bottom