• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation as a political tool

Preface: One main part of inflation is the capability of price setters to set higher prices. Who sets prices? Those with purchasing power and those that can take the risk. Employees and smaller companies don't typically have those powers. Roughly but accurately enough: Big powerful corporations can profiteer, and profiteering is their stated mission.

How is inflation an American political tool? Blame the Biden administration for inflation. Why? Because the Republican "Troll" Party is much about anti-regulation and anti-government, so many big corporations would surely prefer them over Democrats.

Recap:

1. Bigger businesses raise prices during multiple crises to profiteer, and for political reasons.

2. The increased inflation that #1 causes hurts The People and the Democratic administration.

3. Republicans gain political power.

Note: It's probably both the corporate Democrats and Republicans that support vulture capitalism, and vulture capitalism is a nasty global affair.
Nonsense. Inflation is always a monetary situation - too much money chasing too few goods or services. Second corporations COMPETE with each other, not collude - a company raising it's price while its competitors don't puts itself at a disadvantage. The people that run companies are answerable to their shareholders and explaining a revenue-reducing move is hard to explain.

No, they just favor fascism rather than democracy. They're anti-American-government. The cure, of course is an organized, unified public, so the fascists divide us to prevent that.

As long as there's two Americas, the fascists have the power.
I'm always amused when progressives accuse someone of "fascism", when progressivism advocates for unelected experts and bureaucrats to create and enforce laws and regulations - ignoring the constitution as "outdated". Dude that the definition of fascism.

I'm always amused when progressives accuse someone of "fascism", when progressivism advocates for unelected experts and bureaucrats to create and enforce laws and regulations - ignoring the constitution as "outdated". Dude that the definition of fascism.
Yes. Somehow to the empty liberal mind governors like Desantis who rejected government mandates and obedience to state commands in favor of free individual choice are the Nazis and the leftist control freaks were the lovers of democracy. lol

What supposed definition of fascism are you using, dood?

1649895412557.png

Yeah, it did. In detail.

No, you posted some mostly conservative economic ideas and I suppose you think that addressed my solid points, when they didn't.

I can and will also show why your points aren't true, but you should actually try to disprove my points.

Inflation is not brought on by greed. Cant you read? And it is occurring globally because central banks have all had basically the same policy for the last decade. Any other stupid questions youd like to get off your chest?
No your stupid answers quenched that desire (it always makes me laugh when someone misspells a word in a rant about how someone else is stupid) .

How is Biden driving other countries Central Bank policies? If those have been policies for decades, are you then claiming that it was Senator Biden's fault that we now have inflation?

How are corporate energy profits at record highs if it isn't greed driving their pricing decisions?

Our President's approval rating is not very good, largely because of inflation. It should be noted voters under 35 are responsible for Biden's low ratings. The older generation puts his approval rating at around 50.

Those who blame our President for inflationary woes should ask themselves two questions.

How did President Biden cause inflation? Don't generalize, be specific.

What should President Biden do that he isn't doing to curb inflation?

Please think carefully about those two questions and don't let politics get in the way of your answers. Inflation is an economic issue, not a political issue

Back
Top Bottom