• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inferno

Alice,

Del spoke of you often, and always with great love and passion. You were truly the light of her life. It is a gift to be loved like that. I think we all aspire to it.

I loved it when Del finally posted a picture on here of herself with her white hair. She was such a pistol! I could just imagine her back in the days when you two first met.

I am happy you found each other and had so many good years together. Del was a fighter and a scoundrel, and a wonderful person. The two of you are an inspiration to all of us.

Please know that we loved her. And thanks for sharing her with us.

Michelle

3 and a half years ago, I was looking for a political forum to start posting in. I checked out several, but decided on DP. What we see in this thread and in the thread memorializing cherokee is the reason I chose this place. The people. This is not just an internet forum. This is a community. The vets, those of us who post nearly every day, interact with each other, fight, laugh, and learn something new, gain a valuable camaraderie from being here; people become friends...REAL friends. I've learned to care about the folks here. Many others have learned the same lesson. Anyone who thinks that these are just bits, bytes, and bandwidth, hasn't opened up and hasn't allowed themselves to connect. DP is as real as people we hang out with in RL. The only difference is that when we get touched it's virtual, not physical. This distinction is on a horizontal plane, not on a vertical one. In other words, how people touch us in this plane of existence is not better or worse. It's just different and it can have the same meaning.
Thank you for this post Mon Capitan, it has helped me come to terms with my feelings.

p.s. Del, I know you loved the pics of my legs, so the avatar is for you. Thanks for making me feel like a hottie. :)

The many long private conversations we had, del, the way we planned to collaborate in writing, the sense of your integrity and even temper. I miss you.

Your private side was just that. Private. And I am honored to have known your private side more than your public reknown.

More than once I cried as I read the posts here in this thread. I have wiped my eyes and gathered myself and looked for words to express my feelings. I would thank and hug each of you if I could. I would hold you all and sit and share her story. Her life. I married Del if not in the legal sense 37+ years ago in NYC. She was then a fire raging out of control an activist as I had never seen. I would temper that. She spoke in streets and universities. She marched in 40 states. There was no tempering Del. She was unbridled passion for her causes.

I thank you all for your loving words. I thank you all for the spirit that had you share those words. I thank you for Del the Inferno that I nor anyone could temper.

May you all find joy in your life. May you all find that place that brings you goodness and peace.

Love Alice
(Del's wife)

I wish I could give you a long, warm hug, Alice. I hope my husband & I can last as long and love as strongly as you and your beloved Del.

Earth is missing an angel.

p.s. Del, I know you loved the pics of my legs, so the avatar is for you. Thanks for making me feel like a hottie. :)
like my Dad, I love strong women, "hottie" you are molten!:)

Goodbye Ms Inferno. (You had the right internet nick.)

Some would say as a lesbian you are going to Hell.

**** some!

When I get there too I will buy you a round.

It is the happening bar in town.

All the best people drink there.

Last edited:
More than once I cried as I read the posts here in this thread. I have wiped my eyes and gathered myself and looked for words to express my feelings. I would thank and hug each of you if I could. I would hold you all and sit and share her story. Her life. I married Del if not in the legal sense 37+ years ago in NYC. She was then a fire raging out of control an activist as I had never seen. I would temper that. She spoke in streets and universities. She marched in 40 states. There was no tempering Del. She was unbridled passion for her causes.

I thank you all for your loving words. I thank you all for the spirit that had you share those words. I thank you for Del the Inferno that I nor anyone could temper.

May you all find joy in your life. May you all find that place that brings you goodness and peace.

Love Alice
(Del's wife)

Dear Alice,

I knew Del here and on the other forum very briefly and she's one of the people that I would have liked to know better.

I will miss her spirit and her friendly notes on my visitor's page, her lovely way of greeting a total stranger with a ray of sunshine. I did not know her personally, but from reading her words, I can imagine the person that she must have been and I know that she was "my kind of gal".

I wish you lots of courage for the rest of your journey without her. All I can do through this forum is to send you a warm cyberhug.

Take care dear...

thanks all of you for the beautiful words on this thread. i will forward any that Del's wife did not read. thanks for the kindness. hugzzzz Katie

I have been re-reading this thread, for no other reason than we are all humans reading and re-reading each other's lives.

The common theme is this, Inferno was loved and made one hell of a difference in this world.

Being a selfish bastard I prefer the former, but she certaintly gave to the latter.

I really wish I had the chance to know this lovely lioness beyond the superficial Internet.

I really do.

See, I really don't think this thread will end, not in the human hearts that did have the chance to really know her, because if you love and care and are loved like Inferno was, like Inferno did, the thread goes on and on....

Last edited:
It has been a year since last Inferno posted. I stopped by to remind us all that we can find the best of friends in forums that are closely knit. Inferno loved you all. I am certain that she still does.

It has been a year since last Inferno posted. I stopped by to remind us all that we can find the best of friends in forums that are closely knit. Inferno loved you all. I am certain that she still does.

What you say is true, Inferno loved.

I was upset when alice chose also to go but about a month ago for some reason they came to mind and I saw it anew. You said it was what she wanted and somehow that day I could see it was right for her.

Look after yourself katie

wow, this brought back a flood of memories and fresh tears. god, i miss that woman. she was truly an inspiration.

may the souls of del and alice fly freely!!!

For my friend, and sister in protest, Del!

Hope you're growing in strength remembering Inferno.

Hugs.

I know how much joy DP gave inferno (Del). It gave her something to do when she was confined. I Have been to their home a few times and find her memories very vivid. It is nice to have that. Hugzzzz

Back
Top Bottom