• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inequality Illustrated

Joe Steel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
What happens when income inequality goes too far?

Watch and see.

[video=youtube;meiU6TxysCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=meiU6TxysCg[/video]

So they are showing that animals have jealousy and react violently too.

They are also showing how cruel humans can be to other animals.

yep prime example of envious "I want what you earned and I want it for free" liberlals acting just like monkeys

it proves how wealth redistribution is childish and animalistic

Last edited:
yep prime example of envious "I want what you earned and I want it for free" liberlals acting just like monkeys

Exactly.

Both of the monkeys did exactly the same work but one was paid more for it than the other. The injustice was so obvious, even a monkey could recognize it. Why can't you?

Both of the monkeys did exactly the same work but one was paid more for it than the other. The injustice was so obvious, even a monkey could recognize it. Why can't you?
I think it is funny that you and others assume that is what the monkey recognized?

because Im not a monkey. Im not taped in a cage with no other options like going out and and earning my own food instead of begging for it and being dependent on some else giving it to me

Now keep on with thinking your brain and reasoning is just like a monkeys. I have a better respect for my self

Monkeys don't understand market economics and capitalism.

And people do receive equal pay for the most part in the same field for the same work in the same region.
So take java developers for instance should average around 90k $ in much of the USA for 40h a week work. I'm ofc, talking about java developers with 5 years of experience. Both women and men receive roughly the same amount of pay if they do the same work. The difference in pay comes from how you negotiate your contract. if you negotiate to work for 20$/h or 19$/h, that makes a 40$ difference/week and a 52*40=1080$ a year.

And of course, a java developer should always make more than a farmhand or a Mcdonalds employee. Because the skill requirement is much, much higher.

So while it would be unfair for one java developer who has the same skillset and experience as another and in the same economic area (same city) for similar companies, for one to get 90k and another to get say, 50k, that would be unfair. But if they get roughly the same salary for the same work, then that's ok. Ofc, you need to control for a lot of things.

the underpaid monkey shouldn't worry. the prosperity will trickle down.

because Im not a monkey. Im not taped in a cage with no other options like going out and and earning my own food instead of begging for it and being dependent on some else giving it to me

Now keep on with thinking your brain and reasoning is just like a monkeys. I have a better respect for my self

Both monkeys were working at the task assigned them.

Watch and see.

So, we clearly see that unequal pay (reward) for equal effort is seen as wrong, even by monkies. What do you suppose is the rationale for giving one citizen welfare and demanding that another citizen must work to support themselves and pay taxes? This can be simulated by giving one monkey "free" food while making the other monkey trade a rock in order to get the food. What is the rationale for expecting one citizen to accept less take home pay (due to taxation) for the same work based on the number of dependents claimed or how they later spent that income? This can be simulated by giving one monkey two peices of food for each rock and the other monkey only one piece of food for each rock.

I've got an experiment for you. just like that one. you have two monkeys in a cage side by side. one monkey has to pull lever down over and over again for an hour to get a piece of food. the other monkey gets his for free. do you think the monkey that has to pull the lever down to get his food will continue to do so when he finds out he can get his for free also

Last edited:

So you are asserting that a doctor, lawyer, truck driver and burger flipper all do the same work, thus should get the same reward? Income inequality is normally associated with different rewards for different work, not different rewards for the same work. Eight hours of brain surgery is more highly valued than eight hours of burger flipping.

Both monkeys were working at the same task assigned them. If one monkey is expected to perform a triple back flip and the other monkey can simply trade a rock then that more closely replicates what we require for getting different rewards.

So you are asserting that a doctor, lawyer, truck driver and burger flipper all do the same work, thus should get the same reward? Income inequality is normally associated with different rewards for different work, not different rewards for the same work. Eight hours of brain surgery is more highly valued than eight hours of burger flipping.

agreed if brain surgery paid the same as flipping burgers there would be either no brain surgeons or very expensive burgers

the underpaid monkey shouldn't worry. the prosperity will trickle down.

That "poor" monkey will later be given grapes since it threw away its cucumbers and is thus needy. ;)

Prime example of the interesting conservative definition of "earn." Did the monkeys earn those treats?

Prime example of the interesting conservative definition of "earn." Did the monkeys earn those treats?

I've got an experiment for you. just like that one. you have two monkeys in a cage side by side. one monkey has to pull lever down over and over again for an hour to get a piece of food. the other monkey gets his for free. do you think the monkey that has to pull the lever down to get his food will continue to do so when he finds out he can get his for free also

Why would he get it for free?

Why wouldn't he scream and cry until the other monkey had to work his ass off too?

Yes, but is 20 seconds of being a hedge fund manager more valuable than 8 hours of brain surgery? Or is two hours of simply being a Hilton daughter doing nothing more valuable than 8 hours of brain surgery?

Yes, but is 20 seconds of being a hedge fund manager more valuable than 8 hours of brain surgery? Or is two hours of simply being a Hilton daughter doing nothing more valuable than 8 hours of brain surgery?

Economically, yes. Morally, perhaps not.

Observation of animal behavior is a well-accepted technique for studying human psychology. Your reliance on the difference between humans and animals to deny the implications of the experiment is ill-advised.

When I found myself unemployed from work that had never paid me more than 25K a year I went into business
for myself doing the same exact work in the first year I made 50K and by the 8th year my income exceeded 130K

If you are a monkey wage slave no one cares if you fling poo, just show up and do what you are supposed to do
add to the company's bottom line. You will be compensated only based on your contribution to the bottom line.

Observation of animal behavior is a well-accepted technique for studying human psychology. Your reliance on the difference between humans and animals to deny the implications of the experiment is ill-advised.

if you insist that the observation of animal behavior is a well-accepted technique for studying human psychology

I've got an experiment for you. you have two monkeys in a cage side by side. one monkey has to pull lever down over and over again for an hour to get a piece of food. the other monkey doesn't pull his level down but still gets his food. do you think the monkey that has to pull the lever down to get his food will continue to do so when he finds out he can get his for free also

Back
Top Bottom