• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Indoctrination of Gaza's Children

donsutherland1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
There is a disturbing article in today's edition of The Jerusalem Post. The newspaper revealed:

Hamas summer camps continued to gain strength this past summer as about 100,000 children underwent radical anti-Israel indoctrination by the terror group which also attacked United Nations camps, its main competition, according to a report released on Tuesday by the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center.

According to the report, more than 100,000 children and teenagers participated in the Hamas camps which included paramilitary training and military parades. The Islamic Jihad terrorist organization also opened 51 different summer camps for over 10,000 children.

100,000 children attend radical Hamas summer camps

There is a disturbing article in today's edition of The Jerusalem Post. The newspaper revealed:

Hamas summer camps continued to gain strength this past summer as about 100,000 children underwent radical anti-Israel indoctrination by the terror group which also attacked United Nations camps, its main competition, according to a report released on Tuesday by the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center.

According to the report, more than 100,000 children and teenagers participated in the Hamas camps which included paramilitary training and military parades. The Islamic Jihad terrorist organization also opened 51 different summer camps for over 10,000 children.

bullspit, everybody knows there are only a few radical muslims

Although the story is very disturbing, it's just the tip of the iceberg where teaching palestinian children to hate is concerned. Imagine if Sesame Street which children watch daily was dedicated to teaching them to hate Jews? Would you condone that for your children? Well, here you go in living color:

YouTube - Muslim Palestinians teach children to hate in cartoons 1

YouTube - Hamas Mickey Mouse speaks of Islamic supremacy

YouTube - Muslim Palestinians teach children to hate in cartoons 2

YouTube - Hamas puppet Nassur::JIhad Teddy Bear -DECLARE WAR ON THE JEWS

YouTube - Hamas indoctrination of Kids: Bombs more precious than children

I would prefer a more unbiased source than an organization set up by former Isralei military intelligence. Does anything indicate this is how all the Hamas summer camps are run or even that this is how any of them run?

I would prefer a more unbiased source than an organization set up by former Isralei military intelligence. Does anything indicate this is how all the Hamas summer camps are run or even that this is how any of them run?

This is not with respect to Hamas Summer Camps but it does give a very good idea of what the situation of children and the thinking and play of children in Gaza is like post Cast Lead. Dispatches - 4oD - Channel 4

Oh dear God!!!! Paramilitary training and military parades!!!!!

No, nowhere as terrible as requiring someone to serve in your armed forces.

no way is israel indoctrinating its own children in the art of war [/sarcasm]
... The military is physically present in schools and school activities," uniformed soldiers there, many teaching classes to program young minds. Further, teachers, especially principals, are retired career officers, and school walls are adorned with names and photos of fallen heros among their graduates. Field trips for all ages are to military memorials on former battlegrounds. Curricula and textbooks reflect militarism, from kindergarten through high schools that have mandatory programs in all state-run ones called "preparation for the IDF" that includes training. Glorifying military heros and conquests while vilifying Palestinians are featured. ...
Indoctrinating Israeli Youths to Be Warriors

so, why is it bad for the palestinians to inculcate its youth in a manner similar to the israeli government?

Eh.. I think it is a bit absurd to claim that they need indoctrinated to hate Israel...

We're talking about a country that stole their land in the late 40's and have continued to do so, denying them their basic human rights in the process. A people who have held the Palestinians under brutal occupation for over 40 years., even going as far as to claim that these 'so called Palestinians' did not even exist.

People really think they need to be indoctrinated? I find that surprising. Put yourself in the position of a Palestinian and ask yourself how you would feel about Israel.

I tend to agree with some of the other posters that Israel supplies all the indoctrination material that is required for Palestinian children; they just look around them.

It is perhaps more necessary for indoctrination of Israeli children because they live in relative comfort and will become complacent (sympathetic to the Palestinian plight even, god forbid!).

I tend to agree with some of the other posters that Israel supplies all the indoctrination material that is required for Palestinian children; they just look around them.

It is perhaps more necessary for indoctrination of Israeli children because they live in relative comfort and will become complacent (sympathetic to the Palestinian plight even, god forbid!).

WIDE EYE CINEMA – Free Conspiracy Videos » Defamation (2009)

Israeli school kids are being indoctrinated every year, also. Over 1 million have been sent on trips identical to the one in the video above. Rethink Auschwitz trips - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews where they 'learn' that the rest of the entire world hates them because they're Jewish.

The video is a must see for more than that reason though; it gives a nice look into the ADL also. Actually, it probably deserves its own thread.

Last edited:

You did realize when you posted this that the Hamas supporters would come out in full force to justify this indoctrination, didn't you?

You did realize when you posted this that the Hamas supporters would come out in full force to justify this indoctrination, didn't you?

Would you put up with UN-run summer camps teaching values you oppose in your own back yard? What do you expect them to do, roll over and let the internationalists do whatever they want?

The military is physically present in schools and school activities," uniformed soldiers there, many teaching classes to program young minds.

loads of crap, only time I saw military personal in my school was in the 10th grade when the army tought us how to put on gas masks and evacuate to the shelter before the 1st Gulf war started.

Further, teachers, especially principals, are retired career officers,

Loads of crap never had a principal who was a retired career officer, and if I did I most certianly do no know about it so I fail to see how this has any implication on pupils

and school walls are adorned with names and photos of fallen heros among their graduates.

This is true at most high schools.

Field trips for all ages are to military memorials on former battlegrounds.

Among other things yes, field trips occasionaly visit memorials, not necessarily on former battlegrounds, but field trips mostly visit nature and historical sites in Israel.

Curricula and textbooks reflect militarism

TONS OF CRAP

high schools that have mandatory programs in all state-run ones called "preparation for the IDF" that includes training.

Loads of crap unless you call Sports (which in my high school was either running 2km or playing vollyball) "preparation for the IDF"

Glorifying military heros and conquests while vilifying Palestinians are featured. ...

I honestly can't recall Glorifying anyone in school other than Ishak Rabin after he was murdered and not for his military Career
As for vilifying Palestinians, never happened at my schools either.

Last edited:
and school walls are adorned with names and photos of fallen heros among their graduates.
This is true at most high schools.

Yup, we had this at our high school too. A big monument to "our glorious dead" from WWI anxd WWII right at the entrance. Same thing at University.

I guess that just shows how martial Canada is as a country. Totally the same thing as summer camp teaching 8 year olds how to kidnap Israelis, lay explosives, and justify genocide.

Would you put up with UN-run summer camps teaching values you oppose in your own back yard? What do you expect them to do, roll over and let the internationalists do whatever they want?

My values do not include wishing to murder people en masse for their ethnicity.

Seriously, does anyone have an objective third-party source for information on Hamas summer camps? I am not very trusting of a group set up by someone who used to be military intelligence.

So it's wrong for Jewish kids to learn about the horrors of the holocaust? So I guess we should never allow African Americans to learn about slavery. The way I see it. Jewish children aren't going on suicide missions to kill Palestinians, nor does Israeli TV, textbooks, and children's media indoctrinate racism and hatred unlike Gaza.

So it's wrong for Jewish kids to learn about the horrors of the holocaust? So I guess we should never allow African Americans to learn about slavery. The way I see it. Jewish children aren't going on suicide missions to kill Palestinians, nor does Israeli TV, textbooks, and children's media indoctrinate racism and hatred unlike Gaza.

The problem here is that those who are absolutely desperate to convince others of Jerwish perfidy will go to ANY length to draw the sorts of moral equivalences necessary to try to convince others.

But didn't you get the memo -- learning about the Holocaust is EXACTLY the same thing as the systematic child abuse aimed at creating mass murderers.

The problem here is that those who are absolutely desperate to convince others of Jerwish perfidy will go to ANY length to draw the sorts of moral equivalences necessary to try to convince others.

But didn't you get the memo -- learning about the Holocaust is EXACTLY the same thing as the systematic child abuse aimed at creating mass murderers.

more spin from the israeli propaganda machine

the military indoctrination of israeli children is to be labeled nothing more than learning about the holocaust

meanwhile, the military indoctrination of the gazan children is to be cited as an uncivilized action of a terrorist organization

more spin from the israeli propaganda machine

the military indoctrination of israeli children is to be labeled nothing more than learning about the holocaust

meanwhile, the military indoctrination of the gazan children is to be cited as an uncivilized action of a terrorist organization

It is not "military indoctrination" to push children to become suicide bombers. It is outright child abuse in suport of crimes against humanity.

But keep spinning.

It is not "military indoctrination" to push children to become suicide bombers. It is outright child abuse in suport of crimes against humanity.

But keep spinning.

read the thread title and try to keep up

read the thread title and try to keep up

Sorry, we are past Hamas systematically using media and its control over the territory to indoctrinate children into a death cult, where self-sacrifice to murder civilians is the highest pinnacle of a "true Palestinian" for Palestinian children? And we should also pretedn that this ethos has nothing at all to do with the "summer camps" run by Hamas which seem, just so coincedentally, to reinforce the child abusing deat cult mindset that Hamas pursues using additional parallel efforts?

I still don't understand how people like you can genuinely and openly support people who systematically abuse their own children in this way, lending cover to their conduct and advocating for its legitimacy. Especially as these summer camps, like Hamas in general, has an entirely and wholly negative impact both on the lives of actual Palestinians you purport to care about and on the prspects of the Palestinians actually achieving the independence objective you purport to advocate.

Honestly. I just don't get it. It's like an "anti-cancer" advocate preaching about how totally awesome tumors are.

Sorry, we are past Hamas systematically using media and its control over the territory to indoctrinate children into a death cult, where self-sacrifice to murder civilians is the highest pinnacle of a "true Palestinian" for Palestinian children? And we should also pretedn that this ethos has nothing at all to do with the "summer camps" run by Hamas which seem, just so coincedentally, to reinforce the child abusing deat cult mindset that Hamas pursues using additional parallel efforts?

I still don't understand how people like you can genuinely and openly support people who systematically abuse their own children in this way, lending cover to their conduct and advocating for its legitimacy. Especially as these summer camps, like Hamas in general, has an entirely and wholly negative impact both on the lives of actual Palestinians you purport to care about and on the prspects of the Palestinians actually achieving the independence objective you purport to advocate.

Honestly. I just don't get it. It's like an "anti-cancer" advocate preaching about how totally awesome tumors are.

i know you are being honest
just as i recognize you just don't get it

and i also recognize that your inability to understand does not prevent you from posting your inanities about that which you acknowledge you 'just don't get'

Back
Top Bottom