• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Indoctrination' fears prompt Florida Department of Education to reject the most textbooks in Florida history

No you did nothing of the kind. You expressed an opinion..not based on research. I and others provided research evidence of institutional racism which you have not refuted.
That's all you've done. In fact, I at least I described real events. You crafted only a hypothetical to make your point.

But I understand why you're ducking my question. The simple answer is that no such other country exists or has ever existed. What you and so many of the woke fail to understand is that racism is human failing, not a particularly American one. In fact, the American systems CRT labels as inherently racist can be said to have done a better job dealing with the problems of racism at scale than any set of institutions in human history.

That is why I reject CRT and your defense of it.

Actually that is the direct opposite of crt.
Crt recognizes racism is natural in all people.
CRT is invented by Marxists and is insane. It should go in the trash heap of history.

You are no conservative.

If dear leader says it's right..who are you to question it..got it...
Lol.
DeSantis, like Paradoxical, does not lie.

Tell me where he lied here.

Oh, WAIT!! DeSantis is a conservative and you're not and he must be demonized as a liar like Trump is, in case he runs for president.

See. Tis is proof that you don't understand crt.
Under critical race theory..you would examine the law. And realize that while both had the same ounce of cocaine.
The white fellow had it in powdered form..
While the black person had an ounce of rock cocaine.
Under the law..the sentencing guidelines are harsher for crack cocaine..despite it being tge same amount.
Since crack coxaine is cheaper..and black people in general are poorer...this disparity in the law creates an unequal effect on the races.
Thus while the judge is not a racist..racial inequality is codified into the law.
Actually, it's proof you do not understand CRT.

There is a difference between a system that is inherently racist and a system that employs a racist. That you cannot separate those concepts in your mind is why you're not understanding what is being said here.

That's all you've done. In fact, I at least I described real events. You crafted only a hypothetical to make your point.

But I understand why you're ducking my question. The simple answer is that no such other country exists or has ever existed. What you and so many of the woke fail to understand is that racism is human failing, not a particularly American one. In fact, the American systems CRT labels as inherently racist can be said to have done a better job dealing with the problems of racism at scale than any set of institutions in human history.

That is why I reject CRT and your defense of it.
The fact that " no such country exists " has zero to do with whether institutionalized racism exists in this country.

Actually, it's proof you do not understand CRT.

There is a difference between a system that is inherently racist and a system that employs a racist. That you cannot separate those concepts in your mind is why you're not understanding what is being said here.
Exactly..the law was inherently racist. Nit codefies racial disparity

The fact that " no such country exists " has zero to do with whether institutionalized racism exists in this country.
So you're saying our system is institutionally racist but ceding the point that it may be least institutionally racist on the planet?

Okay, I can live with that.

If DeSantis says so, I am sure he is right. Otherwise, why ban it?

"The highest number of books rejected were for grade levels K-5, where an alarming 71 percent were not appropriately aligned with Florida standards or included prohibited topics and unsolicited strategies," the DOE said in the announcement.

"Reasons for rejecting textbooks included references to Critical Race Theory (CRT), inclusions of Common Core, and the unsolicited addition of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in mathematics."

The DOE also noted that publishers can appeal their rejections.

That's enough for me.

So you don’t actually know any specific examples, you just blindly believe others got it. Must make it easy for you to not actually think for yourself.

I live in a world of dumb.

Math isn't racist. It's just not.
This is just an attempt to control what kids learn while gaslighting everyone..

Typical gop playbook.

No, I reject CRT's assertions because they are demonstrably false. Our institutions have brought us to a point where a nation with a longstanding majority (whites) now regularly elevates people once marginalized (and even once enslaved) to its highest positions of political power on a regular basis. Please name for me another country on the planet where this happens (or has ever happened).
Still marginalized, still underrepresented, and still facing racial bias in every step of our law enforcement system as well as in hiring, housing, and education.

All of this is demonstrably true.

You are no conservative. Being pro-gun and an NRA member doesn't make you a conservative.

PS. Prove institutionalized racism.

Oh, WAIT!! You won't prove masks work so you won't prove this, either.

So you don’t actually know any specific examples, you just blindly believe others got it. Must make it easy for you to not actually think for yourself.
They haven't listed the Math class teachings. Probably because they are too racist against whites to do so. The statement put out by the Governors says all you need to know.

For the umpteenth time, this is NOT history, nor is a math class one where history is taught. CRT is all about instilling hatred of white people. It is to make whites feel guilty. It is racism.
You continue to promote your denialism and lack of knowledgment of History. No one has to hate white people, to know the history and inequity and racism of 100 yrs of Jim Crow. People are not ignorant to the fact that many of the institution gained and profited from slavery, and no one has to hate white people, because it is a well known fact that for decades, tax money paid by black and poor white people, built up better neighborhoods for well to do whites.
If black people were going to hate white people, there's 300+ yrs of slavery that could be the basis of that hate, but black people have only asked one thing of white people, for 100's of years, and that is to "Respect Equality of A Human Beings as Person".

If you and the types like you think lying, denying and trying to hide facts, is making your feel better about history that you can't face the truth that your ancestry likely supported and participated in racism, and now, you think that history should be hidden, because you can't face it.
Nobody asked you to hate your ancestry, but to be honest with yourself about their support and promotion of racism. Problem is, you among other may not have gotted over the ingroomed race bias, so you think trying to hide histroy is going to hide the basis of "biases" that some promote.

It's quite likely at your advanced age you grew up in Jim Crow Segregationist Society, and now want to pretend it did not exist and did not discriminate and did not disenfranchise non white people, as well as did everything to keep poor white people as poor as possible.
You probably think Jim Crow Segregation was only about "Race", when fact is it, was about Segregating Poor whites from Middle Class and Well to do whites which is something many white people try to hide from and deny that fact. But reality tells the truth, because there are "generationally poor whites this very day, who know they are not liked very well by middle class and well to do white people.
In some places and some cases, there are people who'd rather see a well to do black family move in their community than to see a poor white family that may have happened upon some money to move into their community.

You may continue trying to pretend Bias, Bigotry and Discrimination don't exist, is nothing more than "lying to yourself". Ask yourself: If a dire poor white family moved next door to you, would you have a problem with it, and if a black family moved in, would you have a different demeanor with them, than you would with a white family and if a Arab or other foreign non white immigrant moved in your community, what would be your thoughts and attitude?

So... stop trying to pretend "history does not exist"... there is nothing you can do to wipe away history.

The people who seem to be more pissed off, is white men who cry and whine because they don't have first choice, first options and first benfit in everything, until they call it discrimination because they can't get first choice, first option and first benefits as their ancestry did during Segregation.

• Now, You know what is and is not true about that point.... whether you admit it or not.

The white men I know, don't have your kind of attitude about "History", they don't run around and try and deny what is historical facts, they don't walk around haning their head down and filled with fear about history being known. They don't walk around thinking everyone is against them, because of history, they live their life today, trying to be the best person they can be with respect for people, as individuals... I talk to them about history, I also talk and mention how bad poor whites were treated during segregation, as well as how some still treat poor whites with the same disdain as they do against poor blacks or poor of any other ethnicity.

Your commentary concept sound about as absurd as someone who may have grown up poor, trying to hide the fact they grew up poor...
Heck, I grew up financially poor, but not spiritually poor and we were wealthy in self respect about our lives. I definatly do not try and hide the fact that I grew up financially poor. the best benefit of being financially poor as a child, is we did not get lost in materialism. We learned to build our character on the spiritual essence and the ethical principles and valued the fact that God gave us the same spirit of life, that is given to any human being.

Last edited:
You continue to promote your denialism and lack of knowledgment of History. No one has to hate white people, to know the history and inequity and racism of 100 yrs of Jim Crow. People are not ignorant to the fact that many of the institution gained and profited from slavery, and no one has to hate white people, because it is a well known fact that for decades, tax money paid by black and poor white people, built up better neighborhoods for well to do whites.
If black people were going to hate white people, there's 300+ yrs of slavery that could be the basis of that hate, but black people have only asked one thing of white people, for 100's of years, and that is to "Respect Equality of A Human Beings as Person".

If you and the types like you think lying, denying and trying to hide facts, is making your feel better about history that you can't face the truth that your ancestry likely supported and participated in racism, and now, you think that history should be hidden, because you can't face it.
Nobody asked you to hate your ancestry, but to be honest with yourself about their support and promotion of racism. Problem is, you among other may not have gotted over the ingroomed race bias, so you think trying to hide histroy is going to hide the basis of "biases" that some promote.

It's quite likely at your advanced age you grew up in Jim Crow Segregationist Society, and now want to pretend it did not exist and did not discriminate and did not disenfranchise non white people, as well as did everything to keep poor white people as poor as possible.
You probably think Jim Crow Segregation was only about "Race", when fact is it, was about Segregating Poor whites from Middle Class and Well to do whites which is something many white people try to hide from and deny that fact. But reality tells the truth, because there are "generationally poor whites this very day, who know they are not liked very well by middle class and well to do white people.
In some places and some cases, there are people who'd rather see a well to do black family move in their community than to see a poor white family that may have happened upon some money to move into their community.

You may continue trying to pretend Bias, Bigotry and Discrimination don't exist, is nothing more than "lying to yourself". Ask yourself: If a dire poor white family moved next door to you, would you have a problem with it, and if a black family moved in, would you have a different demeanor with them, than you would with a white family and if a Arab or other foreign non white immigrant moved in your community, what would be your thoughts and attitude?

So... stop trying to pretend "history does not exist"... there is nothing you can do to wipe away history.

The people who seem to be more pissed off, is white men who cry and whine because they don't have first choice, first options and first benfit in everything, until they call it discrimination because they can't get first choice, first option and first benefits as their ancestry did during Segregation.

• Now, You know what is and is not true about that point.... whether you admit it or not.
So, ummm, HISTORY class no longer teaches about slavery and Jim Crow?

They haven't listed the Math class teachings. Probably because they are too racist against whites to do so. The statement put out by the Governors says all you need to know.
So again you have nothing as usual. Sad that you can’t think for yourself (your admitting that as you haven’t seen it yourself) and you have to rely on others. Trump supporters are by far the least intelligent people I’ve seen. They make accusations and charges but never have actual proof.

So again you have nothing as usual. Sad that you can’t think for yourself (your admitting that as you haven’t seen it yourself) and you have to rely on others. Trump supporters are by far the least intelligent people I’ve seen. They make accusations and charges but never have actual proof.
Nor have you or any others here, so why would you be against what DeSantis said in his statement? Are you reading from the course? Do you have the inside track? If so, tell me exactly what the course language was?

Oh, WAIT! You can't

Nor have you or any others here, so why would you be against what DeSantis said in his statement? Are you reading from the course? Do you have the inside track? If so, tell me exactly what the course language was?

Oh, WAIT! You can't

It’s you and Desantis making the charges so it’s you and Desantis needing to provide the proof. Neither of you are doing so. You just keep showing that I’m right and that you can’t think for yourself. Thank you for that.

So, ummm, HISTORY class no longer teaches about slavery and Jim Crow?
Anyone who tries to ignore history, is depriving themselves of truth. (Whether one chooses to use the word "History" or "Anthropology", its the same as investing to learn and understand the past as well as deal with its outgrowth that has made what is the present)

What do you think Anthropologicaly Truths is about?
Anthropology is the scientific study of humanity, concerned with human behavior, human biology, cultures, societies, and linguistics, in both the present and past, including past human species. Social anthropology studies patterns of behaviour, while cultural anthropology studies cultural meaning, including norms and values.
end quote

History of Anthropology Throughout history, the study of anthropology has reflected our evolving relationships with other people and cultures. These relationships are deeply connected to political, economic, and social forces present at different points in history.
end quote

It’s you and Desantis making the charges so it’s you and Desantis needing to provide the proof. Neither of you are doing so. You just keep showing that I’m right and that you can’t think for yourself. Thank you for that.
Why do you doubt DeSantis? His statement is matter-of-fact and straightforward.

Why do you doubt DeSantis? His statement is matter-of-fact and straightforward.

Desantis is a liar and you hardly ever tell the truth. The truth is kryptonite to trump supporters.

What you have shown is you can’t think for yourself and rely on others to do your thinking.

Anyone who tries to ignore history, is depriving themselves of truth. (Whether one chooses to use the word "History" or "Anthropology", its the same as investing to learn and understand the past as well as deal with its outgrowth that has made what is the present)

What do you think Anthropologicaly Truths is about?
Anthropology is the scientific study of humanity, concerned with human behavior, human biology, cultures, societies, and linguistics, in both the present and past, including past human species. Social anthropology studies patterns of behaviour, while cultural anthropology studies cultural meaning, including norms and values.
end quote

History of Anthropology Throughout history, the study of anthropology has reflected our evolving relationships with other people and cultures. These relationships are deeply connected to political, economic, and social forces present at different points in history.
end quote
That is not history. It's a whole different area. You just want white people to have guilt over what their forefathers did. The NEW left is like evangelical Christians, teaching hate, fear, guilt, and shame.

There is not ONE black person here who has suffered under Jim Crow laws or slavery. get that chip off your shoulder, pull up your britches, and get on with life. Quit blaming whitey. I am annoyed and upset that this is even a subject of discussion. Asians have been mistreated, Mexicans have, Chinese have, and the Irish have, and are we to go to counseling classes in grade school to have guilt and shame levied at us over that? Move on. Quit living in the past. Stop trying to lay the doctrine of Original Sin on the rest of us.

Apparently you are demanding that whites learn about Anthropology "truths" which would be CRT in disguise. Why? Start your own school.

Last edited:
Desantis is a liar and you hardly ever tell the truth. The truth is kryptonite to trump supporters.

What you have shown is you can’t think for yourself and rely on others to do your thinking.
DeSantis is a truth-teller like myself. When and where has he lied?

Oh, WAIT! This will be like trump and I will get crickets in response.

Back
Top Bottom