• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Indoctrination' fears prompt Florida Department of Education to reject the most textbooks in Florida history

GQP Whitey is attempting to remove any mention of their horrific human rights abuses, yet they still continue. Who benefits from this? You guessed it!
I’m not sure you’ve guessed anything correctly in a long, long time.

Sexual orientation is is in it. That relates to being gay or straight.
So 'sexual orientation' is a code word for being homosexual or heterosexual?
How do tell the difference in meaning?
I better starting learning how to interpret Progressive key words.
I'm still trying to learn the LGBTQ+ abbreviation since so many different intersectional groups are trying to fit under the same crowded umbrella.

Then what? That it's ok to be trans?
Yup. Just like you wouldn't be teaching five year olds that it's OK to drink whisky or smoke weed.

So 'sexual orientation' is a code word for being homosexual or heterosexual?
How do tell the difference in meaning?
I better starting learning how to interpret Progressive key words.
I'm still trying to learn the LGBTQ+ abbreviation since so many different intersectional groups are trying to fit under the same crowded umbrella.

Its the wording in the law. You don't know what it means?

No, I think you understand and are now pretending that you don’t.

You carry on about indoctrination but refuse to say what position they are being indoctrinated into.

No, I have said that in this thread. You’re simply lying.

Please give the post number where you say what specific position they are being indoctrinated. into.

Yup. Just like you wouldn't be teaching five year olds that it's OK to drink whisky or smoke weed.
Thank you for admitting to how you see trans people.

“Ok” isn’t a term I’d used to describe someone with a mental health issue, no. Regardless, that is still not what that post meant.
Ok well don't bother to tell people your beliefs, I'm sure they're too damning.

Umm.sorry but you did not define crt. Nor give an example.

Please give the post number where you say what specific position they are being indoctrinated. into.
No. If you’re having memory issues today and can’t recall where in the last 50 posts I answered your question I suggest you search fo the posts from me replying to you in this thread. It won’t take you long.

No. If you’re having memory issues today and can’t recall where in the last 50 posts I answered your question I suggest you search fo the posts from me replying to you in this thread. It won’t take you long.

Because you can't. You can go on and on about indoctrination but either have no clue as what position they are indoctrinating children into, or lack the stones to say it.

"ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Officials with the Florida Department of Education say they rejected 41% of math instructional materials submitted for consideration to the state — the most in its history. According to the department, the rejected materials either didn't align with state standards or contained prohibited topics, like critical race theory. ...The release said 71% of submitted materials were rejected for grades K-5; 20% were rejected for grades 6-8; and 35% were rejected for grades 9-12.A total of 28 books were not adopted because the state claims they incorporated prohibited topics or unsolicited strategies, like CRT.

"It seems that some publishers attempted to slap a coat of paint on an old house built on the foundation of Common Core, and indoctrinating concepts like race essentialism, especially, bizarrely, for elementary school students," Gov. Ron DeSantis is quoted as saying in a release from the FLDOE.

Morgan Polikoff is an associate professor of education with the University of Southern California's Rossier School of Education. Polikoff studies curriculum policy, which he said includes how states decide what textbooks to adopt. He said ..."I don't think that there's really any evidence that critical race theory is filtering into K-12 textbooks that I'm aware of...Florida and many other states have passed various kinds of restrictions relating to what kinds of content appears in curriculum materials and teachers' instruction, and critical race theory is definitely a concern....So, it doesn't surprise me that a textbook evaluation in Florida might find evidence of critical race theory in textbooks, but I think a different committee in a different state that didn't have such concern would probably not find evidence.""

Link

One notices the way the governor portrays the deceitful nefariousness of these rejected books, as if there is some sort of hidden conspiracy afoot. This suggests an element of paranoia, which the professor suggests in his observation that what they are seeing in these books might not actually be there at all.

I'm wondering if it's the "=" sign in math books that have these right-wing kooks up in arms.

The GOP always waving the free speech flag when it comes to lies but when it comes to facts..
Not so much.

Because you can't. You can go on and on about indoctrination but either have no clue as what position they are indoctrinating children into, or lack the stones to say it.
I’m not the one who can’t find the post; you are.

Define sealioning (though I see you’ve anticipated the question by already providing us with an example.)
Nope. No sea lioning
I hear lots of people talk about crt..and how it shouldn't be taught..etc.
But funny ..when I ask them to define it..they can't.
Can you define crt? How can we debate on a debate board when you can't define what you are debating?

Nope. No sea lioning
I hear lots of people talk about crt..and how it shouldn't be taught..etc.
But funny ..when I ask them to define it..they can't.
Can you define crt? How can we debate on a debate board when you can't define what you are debating?
I’ve posted extensively about CRT here on DP, what is it, what it’s not, and what’s wrong with it. Here’s s sample.

I’ve posted extensively about CRT here on DP, what is it, what it’s not, and what’s wrong with it. Here’s s sample.

Thanks. So what is your problem with crt then?
Do you claim that that there is no such thing as institutional racism?

They probably encourage their kids to watch Fox News with them at night.

And then the kids probably grow up to be totally liberal when they get around sane people.

Thank you for admitting to how you see trans people.
Nope. Not a thing about trans people. The point is five year olds. But thank you for admitting the point went flying over your head.

Umm.sorry but you did not define crt. Nor give an example.
I have you an example of the curriculum that addresses white supremacy in math. Not sure what more of an example you are looking for.

Anti-racism is at the core of CRT. Done some homework.

Back
Top Bottom