• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Indoctrination' fears prompt Florida Department of Education to reject the most textbooks in Florida history

LOL. The "professor" hasn't actually looked at the books rejected by Florida. So who is the paranoid one seeing things that are not actually there?
Have you looked?

If no, then you are OK with the government banning books you have not seen.

...and the right claims to hate government interference.

Have you looked?

What are you talking about?

This isn't a book banning issue - it's about textbook selection.

Have you looked?

Actually, I have looked at some of the books they rejected. Not selecting a textbook offered by a publisher is not banning books.

Not at all surprising after Pearson (one of the publishers that had the most books rejected) decided in 2021 that they were going to re-write text booms to be more “equity focused” (their words)

Actually, I have looked at some of the books they rejected. Not selecting a textbook offered by a publisher is not banning books.
Good. Which books? What bothered you the most?

Yes, I used the word ban incorrectly.

It's been a while, but it was a math textbook and IIRC they gratuitously inserted either some CRT or gender identity nonsense into the word problems.

Do you think there are books (not textbooks) that shouldn’t be in schools due to their content (violence, sex, etc.)?

Do you think there are books (not textbooks) that shouldn’t be in schools due to their content (violence, sex, etc.)?
You mean like the Old and New Testaments? Yes; there's more than enough smiting, genocide, stoning to death and baby-killing to terrify a small child.

You mean like the Old and New Testaments? Yes; there's more than enough smiting, genocide, stoning to death and baby-killing to terrify a small child.

Agreed.

Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom