• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Indians Defeat South Dakota Abortion Bill

RightatNYU said:
It's actually only a tinge of sarcasm. Glad to hear the riots over there haven't gotten you yet.;)

Riots? what riots?
Afew students getting up to some healthy student demonstrating? Taking part in the political life of the country and giving **** to a nasty conservative government.
Listen love, I prefer that to a land where plastic breasted cheerleaders shake their pompoms for student entertainment.
"Oh gee Lorilynn, did he ask ya to the Prom yet???" (IV anti-emetic p-leeeeze)

Urethra Franklin said:
Riots? what riots?
Afew students getting up to some healthy student demonstrating? Taking part in the political life of the country and giving **** to a nasty conservative government.
Listen love, I prefer that to a land where plastic breasted cheerleaders shake their pompoms for student entertainment.

Screw those froggy bastards! :mrgreen:

Urethra Franklin said:
Riots? what riots?

I've got to say, I'm quite impressed with the turnout at least. 1.5 million people? That's 2.5% of the population. That'd be 7.5 million for us. The only time we get that many people to do something in concert is when American Idol is having the final round of text message voting.

Urethra Franklin said:
You chose your online name very, very well.

Let me know what is over your head and I would be happy to elaborate.

RightatNYU said:
I've got to say, I'm quite impressed with the turnout at least. 1.5 million people? That's 2.5% of the population. That'd be 7.5 million for us. The only time we get that many people to do something in concert is when American Idol is having the final round of text message voting.

Well you know how it is normally in the press: 2 million according to the organizers, 4 according to the police. This time I think they just reversed the figures.

Donkey1499 said:
Hmmmmm....... Loonies describe the left perfectly. And when are the liberals ever tolerant, like they claim to be? All I hear is dissent and slander, especially towards white, straight, male, christian conservatives.

Because for centuries the white, straight, male, christian conservative has been screwing the world up. In the last couple of centuries, other people have wised up and stood up for their own rights. I say it is about time. The white, straight, male, christian conservative thinks he owns to much. Now that is changing and they are a dying breed.

RightatNYU said:
You mean civilized nations like Europe, where abortion is more heavily restricted than in the US? You're right, we should model ourself more after Europe.

Ps missed you.

That is the most awesome avatar I have ever seen. Cudos to you.

alex said:
The white, straight, male, christian conservative thinks he owns to much. Now that is changing and they are a dying breed.

Talk about christian bashing and male bashing and a little bit of racism thrown in to boot!. :rofl

talloulou said:
Alot of mothers have abortions 'cause they don't want more kids than the ones they've already got. Your just being silly and I am over it.

Exactly! That is their decision and not your's or the government's. Explain to me why you feel it is your right to interfer in a another woman's reproductive choice?

alex said:
Exactly! That is their decision and not your's or the government's. Explain to me why you feel it is your right to interfer in a another woman's reproductive choice?

I don't want to interfere in a womens reproductive choice. I want them to use or not use birth control as they see fit. However I don't think the governments job is to offer women and men sex without consequences. So if a pregnancy results that's not the governments fault nor should the government set up laws to make consequences disappear particularly when the consequence is the development of a new life that the government has decided may be killed. Abortion on demand is currently a right in the US. I am well aware of that. But I still think its awful, nasty, ugly business. And yeah if my neighbor next door decides to kill her kids I'd probably interfere. Abortion in undoubtedly completely different, legal, and socially acceptable. But heck I still see it as a human mother killing her kid! Guess I'm old fashioned that way.

alex said:
Because for centuries the white, straight, male, christian conservative has been screwing the world up. In the last couple of centuries, other people have wised up and stood up for their own rights. I say it is about time. The white, straight, male, christian conservative thinks he owns to much. Now that is changing and they are a dying breed.

*** MODE
You intolerance of white people is duly noted, you frickin' racist!
END *** MODE

Donkey1499 said:
Yeah? And skunks smell!
and donkeys can't breed and go by another name!:rofl

But aren't we actually on the same side of this topic Donkey?

talloulou said:
But heck I still see it as a human mother killing her kid! Guess I'm old fashioned that way.

Then don't have an abortion. It's not for you. I respect your choice and applaud you for living your personal life by your own personal concsience.

Now I, and many other women, can ethically justify abortion in our hearts and minds. Don't interfere in our business.

I've met women who can say "abortion's not for me, I'd personally feel I was killing, but I wouldn't stop women who can justify it doing it" A very mature point of view, and one you'll more often find in many European nations, but you United Statesian anti-abortion wackos just want to ram your bibles down everyone's throats. You preach freedom, but you love to dictate other's life choices. Twisted.

talloulou said:
and donkeys can't breed and go by another name!:rofl

But aren't we actually on the same side of this topic Donkey?

My Donkey (avatar) smiles upon you. Though you smell.

I dunno? What do u believe? Damn, I'm having brain-farts left and right today. Sheesh! But I'm on nobody's side cuz nobody's on my side. I'm a lone conservative. Even Naval Prizzle is a liberal..... Oooohhhhh BURN! I just called Navy Pride a Liberal. Buwahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!! :mrgreen:

Urethra Franklin said:
Then don't have an abortion. It's not for you. I respect your choice and applaud you for living your personal life by your own personal concsience.

Now I, and many other women, can ethically justify abortion in our hearts and minds. Don't interfere in our business.

I've met women who can say "abortion's not for me, I'd personally feel I was killing, but I wouldn't stop women who can justify it doing it" A very mature point of view, and one you'll more often find in many European nations, but you United Statesian anti-abortion wackos just want to ram your bibles down everyone's throats. You preach freedom, but you love to dictate other's life choices. Twisted.

Spare me the Christian bashing. I don't place any value on the bible. I think there are many topics where you can just choose to live and let live. But when some people are killing other humans that's kinda hard to just ignore.

talloulou said:
I don't want to interfere in a womens reproductive choice. I want them to use or not use birth control as they see fit. However I don't think the governments job is to offer women and men sex without consequences. So if a pregnancy results that's not the governments fault nor should the government set up laws to make consequences disappear particularly when the consequence is the development of a new life that the government has decided may be killed. Abortion on demand is currently a right in the US. I am well aware of that. But I still think its awful, nasty, ugly business. And yeah if my neighbor next door decides to kill her kids I'd probably interfere. Abortion in undoubtedly completely different, legal, and socially acceptable. But heck I still see it as a human mother killing her kid! Guess I'm old fashioned that way.

The government is not making the choice for abortion, the woman is. That is taking it way out of proportion, isn't it?

So do you support laws to ban abortion?

Donkey1499 said:
*** MODE
You intolerance of white people is duly noted, you frickin' racist!
END *** MODE

Huh? What?

alex said:
The government is not making the choice for abortion, the woman is. That is taking it way out of proportion, isn't it?

So do you support laws to ban abortion?

I support anything that will lower the high rate of feticide. There's really just no reason for it. No I wouldn't support ridiculous laws that would force a women to carry a baby to term despite real genuine health risks, but outside of that I'd like to see surgical abortion disappear. I support sex ed, contraceptives, and the MAP. I do not support the government giving women the right to kill developing humans on demand. I also don't support the deceptive notion that what is developing in utero is not a human being.

alex said:
Huh? What?

alex said:

It really was quite a racist christian gender bashing comment.

talloulou said:
Spare me the Christian bashing. I don't place any value on the bible. I think there are many topics where you can just choose to live and let live. But when some people are killing other humans that's kinda hard to just ignore.

You have to accept that this is a grey area, and each person needs to be left to their individual conscience. This is not that same as killing a child who's been born. When ethicists, academics, jurists, gynaeologists, obstetricians and midwives can't agree on it, who are you to judge another woman's personal choice? Would you close down butcher's shops because some vegetarians believe that meat is murder? I certainly wouldn't.

I'm glad you place no value on the bible and apologize if I misjudged you on that score.

alex said:
That is the most awesome avatar I have ever seen. Cudos to you.

Why thank you sweetie, I just got my hair did so I figured I'd show off a bit.

Urethra Franklin said:
You have to accept that this is a grey area, and each person needs to be left to their individual conscience. This is not that same as killing a child who's been born. When ethicits, academics, jurists, gynaeologists, obstetricians and midwives can't agree on it, who are you to judge another woman's personal choice? Would you close down butcher's shops because some vegetarians believe that meat is murder? I certainly wouldn't.

I'm glad you place no value on the bible and apologize if I misjudged you on that score.

I don't judge others for it. I don't judge women who have abortions because it is my opinion that since society currently accepts abortion as legal and socially acceptable it wouldn't be right or fair to harshly judge a women who chooses it out of desperation.

I don't protest outside abortion clinics or anything.

However I do ethically question it and would like to see our society stop allowing abortions on demand. Just like I wouldn't throw paint on a woman wearing fur, I wouldn't throw a picture of a dead fetus in front of a woman whose had an abortion. But that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion on the subject and my concerns that feticide is inherently wrong.

Back
Top Bottom