• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Indiana Primary Results Thread

Cruz can stay in if he so chooses (knowing him, he will), but his funding will dry-up. He'll be impotent.

Trump's danger was that he was completely independent of donors, if he so desired; he was puppet to no master, unlike the rest of the GOP candidates.

From here we're going to see endorsements coming in from all those that swore they'd never support Trump. The folks in active races this Fall will try to remain silent as long as possible, watching the polls, seeing if it's safe to come out.

Cruz can stay in if he so chooses (knowing him, he will), but his funding will dry-up. He'll be impotent.

Trump's danger was that he was completely independent of donors, if he so desired; he was puppet to no master, unlike the rest of the GOP candidates.

Yeah, read a piece about that in RedState. They're huge Cruz supporters. They said if he stays in he'll just be killing dead what could be a continuing career as the conservative leader of the party.

Here it is:
If Cruz loses Indiana, Cruz should Withdraw | RedState

From here we're going to see endorsements coming in from all those that swore they'd never support Trump. The folks in active races this Fall will try to remain silent as long as possible, watching the polls, seeing if it's safe to come out.

It will definitely be interesting to see how many come to support Trump compared to the average presidential contest where there's usually 99-100% elected support within the party. I know some like Ben Sasse, Charlie Baker, Dold, Curbelo, Hanna, and some others have made categorical statements saying they'd never support him.

It will definitely be interesting to see how many come to support Trump compared to the average presidential contest where there's usually 99-100% elected support within the party. I know some like Ben Sasse, Charlie Baker, Dold, Curbelo, Hanna, and some others have made categorical statements saying they'd never support him.

The AP is calling it for Trump. RealClearPolitics has allotted him 45 delegates

The AP is calling it for Trump. RealClearPolitics has allotted him 45 delegates

He'll get all of them. The only district Cruz had a chance in was around the Indianapolis suburbs, but he's losing by about 10% there.

Hillary 50% to Bernie 50% in Indianapolis...with only three vote difference. Wow....who says your vote doesn't count?

Last edited:
He'll get all of them. The only district Cruz had a chance in was around the Indianapolis suburbs, but he's losing by about 10% there.

yea looks like Whitley and Wells county Cruz has a lead but Whitley is pretty close.

Bernie is also starting to pull away from Hillary.

I think polling this election is going to be a crapshoot as far as accuracy, moreso for the general than it already has been for the primaries. Voter enthusiasm(or lack thereof) and get out the vote drives are going to be really important, and good organization could swing results way out from how a state polls.

Bernie might pull it off...

Trump crushes them all!!!

Trump has more votes than bernie and hillary combined!!

Trump has more votes than bernie and hillary combined!!

Which is a meaningless stat, since only one primary actually mattered. The democratic primary is already virtually over.

I'm surprised, If burnie pulls off a majority statewide, it would mean he would still be a viable contender in the primary, far from winning but better than hopeless.

I'm surprised, If burnie pulls off a majority statewide, it would mean he would still be a viable contender in the primary, far from winning but better than hopeless.

Not really. Even with a narrow win, this is what he needs just tow win in pledged delegates.

7-May Guam 7 5 Sanders +43
10-May West Virginia 29 22 Sanders +52
17-May Kentucky 55 37 Sanders +35
Oregon 61 48 Sanders +57
4-Jun Virgin Islands 7 5 Sanders +43
5-Jun Puerto Rico 60 35 Sanders +17
7-Jun California 475 312 Sanders +31
Montana 21 17 Sanders +62
New Jersey 126 71 Sanders +13
New Mexico 34 20 Sanders +18
South Dakota 20 14 Sanders +40
North Dakota 18 15 Sanders +67
14-Jun District of Columbia 20 10 Tie

Basically impossible.

Guess Trump is going to roll it.

I think the GOP nom is pretty close to sewn up.

Let's hope Trump doesn't take the nation down the toilet the way he has with the GOP.

cool, Sanders is ahead in my state.

I think polling this election is going to be a crapshoot as far as accuracy, moreso for the general than it already has been for the primaries. Voter enthusiasm(or lack thereof) and get out the vote drives are going to be really important, and good organization could swing results way out from how a state polls.

Polling really only addresses a statewide view also in the primaries and because closed vs open and because of really .. odd.. rules in some states the result doesn't always reflect the view of the voters.

It probably will not happen but Trump is going to be in the neighborhood of getting as many votes as Hillary and Sanders COMBINED.

Only a fool can fail to notice. We can debate the importance but understand this, Hillary has a MASSIVE fight on her hands, and there is nothing in her resume that indicates that she can handle it.

Which is a meaningless stat, since only one primary actually mattered. The democratic primary is already virtually over.

OH whatever... Any stats in Trump's favor are meaningless..

Liberals seem to have this superpower way of pushing the numbers that agree with them and ignoring the ones that do not..

Not that numbers very often agree with them anyway..

Not really. Even with a narrow win, this is what he needs just tow win in pledged delegates.

Basically impossible.

There is the key, basically, not completely. The odds are definately stacked against him, and he would need to pull a major upshift in his campaign or prove he is popular enough to persuade unpedged delegates his way in a convention.

I am just saying he is not dead yet, and still has enough steam if he wins this state to atleast push forward.

OH whatever... Any stats in Trump's favor are meaningless..

Liberals seem to have this superpower way of pushing the numbers that agree with them and ignoring the ones that do not..

Not that numbers very often agree with them anyway..

Not any stat. Just particularly vote totals in primaries. Primary Turnout Means Nothing For The General Election | FiveThirtyEight

I'd be especially cautious of looking at Republican vs Democratic vote totals in a fairly heavily Republican state like Indiana.

There is the key, basically, not completely. The odds are definately stacked against him, and he would need to pull a major upshift in his campaign or prove he is popular enough to persuade unpedged delegates his way in a convention.

I am just saying he is not dead yet, and still has enough steam if he wins this state to atleast push forward.

Is there really a chance any of that happens though. 30%+ margin in California? 50% in West Virginia? Double digits in New Jersey where he has been absolutely blown out in every surrounding state?

Is there really a chance any of that happens though. 30%+ margin in California? 50% in West Virginia? Double digits in New Jersey where he has been absolutely blown out in every surrounding state?

Given this election cycle, I would say yes there is a chance, given that trump has defied election logic, it is still possible for sanders.

In my opinion his chance is extremely narrow at best, but a chance is a chance, which for him is better than no chance at all and going home. Even if he loses, which odds say he will, the longer he puts up a fight the more name recognition he gets, so overall he still gains something.

Back
Top Bottom