• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Indiana primary polls ... file 'em under WTF ????

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Results from 2 very recent Indiana polls.

The Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics has a poll Cruz, Young lead in Downs Center polling | 21Alive: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, and CW | Local that says ...

A new poll gives U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz a significant lead in Indiana's Republican presidential primary, with support from 44.8 percent of voters polled.
The Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics poll puts GOP front-runner Donald Trump in second place with 29 percent and John Kasich in third with 13.3 percent of the vote.
Get that?

Cruz - 44.8%
Trump - 29%
Kasich - 13.3%

but then the NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll Donald Trump Leads Cruz by 15 Points in Crucial Indiana Race - NBC News says ...

Trump gets support from 49 percent of likely Republican primary voters — followed by Cruz at 34 percent and John Kasich at 13 percent. If that margin in Indiana holds on Tuesday, Trump would be on a glide path towards obtaining the 1,237 delegates he needs to win the Republican nomination on a first ballot at the GOP convention in July.
And that's ...

Trump - 49%
Cruz - 34%
Kasich - 13%

th

I think if I've heard right, Indiana has anti-telemarketing laws making it hard to do most surveys.

The Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics has a poll Cruz, Young lead in Downs Center polling | 21Alive: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, and CW | Local that says ...

Get that?

Cruz - 44.8%
Trump - 29%
Kasich - 13.3%

but then the NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll Donald Trump Leads Cruz by 15 Points in Crucial Indiana Race - NBC News says ...

And that's ...

Trump - 49%
Cruz - 34%
Kasich - 13%

th

Greetings, bubba. :2wave:

To add a little extra spice to the mix, two large newspapers in Indiana have endorsed Kasich! I have no reason not to agree with your great cartoon! :mrgreen:

Greetings, bubba. :2wave:

To add a little extra spice to the mix, two large newspapers in Indiana have endorsed Kasich! I have no reason not to agree with your great cartoon! :mrgreen:

Yeah that's not mine but it sure does fit.

Hi Pol.

How could one of those 2 polls be considered reputable.
One of them has the Trump/Cruz results reversed.
They just agree on Kasich.

I think if I've heard right, Indiana has anti-telemarketing laws making it hard to do most surveys.

That's interesting news. Hadn't heard that. Must look into it.

Get that?

Cruz - 44.8%
Trump - 29%
Kasich - 13.3%

And that's ...

Trump - 49%
Cruz - 34%
Kasich - 13%

<snip>
I see nothing at all in conflict with these polls: They're both holding Kasich consistent! :2razz:

Well look at the bright side... at least it was not another Fox News poll that added up to 100+% :)

If so, kudos , thousands of them, to Indiana.. I think that a poll is more accurate when respect exists during the question ..
With polls, it depends on who is being queried and how and when .. and why .. primarily who ..

Congratulations, president Clinton.

RCP's latest polling for the general head to head has Clinton losing to Trump by 7 points in Indiana.

RCP's latest polling for the general head to head has Clinton losing to Trump by 7 points in Indiana.

Indiana isn't really a swing state... RCP has Clinton beating Trump in the national by 7+ points

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Race

Trump supporters are throwing away the general because instead of thinking critically about candidates they go with the angry, small-minded demagogue that vents their frustrations.

Indiana isn't really a swing state... RCP has Clinton beating Trump in the national by 7+ points

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Race

Trump supporters are throwing away the general because instead of thinking critically about candidates they go with the angry, small-minded demagogue that vents their frustrations.

Trump supporters are smart enough to know that polling on the general during the primaries isn't worth ****. You should take a clue from them.

And we have today's Dilbert.
Any resemblance to contemporary polling, media, journalism, politics, climate science, etc. is purely coincidental.

dilbert 5-1-2016 voting machines.jpg

Back
Top Bottom