• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Indiana: Individual Rates to increase 72% under Obamacare

Then maybe the businesses should stay out of the way, and let people build homes and live.

And keep public bathrooms public.
and allow the poor to stand or sleep on public areas..........

One day business will face the consiquences of THIER choices when 100,000 armed homeless eliminate all the oppressive laws and eliminate all those "businesss" that
oppress there EXISTENCE.

Since when is SLEEPING a CRIME?
Oh, this is just stupid.

How are 100,000 homeless people going to get their hands on guns and ammunition? Better yet... how are 100,000 homeless people going to get together in the same place and at the same time? It isn't like the homeless are "mobile", ya know! At best you might be able to organize a couple hundred from different shelters in the same city. But even then you face the prospects of having to arm these people because you know damn well they can't afford to arm themselves and if you DO manage to arm them, what makes you think they possess the motivation to execute the attack? Many of these people suffer from drug and alcohol addiction and they could easily pawn their newly acquired weapon for enough money to score a good buzz. Many of them surely will. So now your "army" of a couple hundred is down to about 50. 50 untrained soldiers with suspect motivation. Even for local law enforcement this would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Being homeless isn't a sin, nor is living as best you can. But with every post you make, you make it clear that you feel it is all owed to you, and that is wrong.

No one 'owes' you anything. The fact that things are done to help the homeless as best as possible, to assist those who needed it with food and shelter, doesn't mean every single person can be helped.

You claim a disability, yet apparently seek no help for it, yet demand that you be provided with food, clothing and shelter.

Assuming your homelessness is true, exactly how are you getting on the internet?

Ah, same old propoganda............"as best as possible" LMAO. Says the guy with 6 million empty homes in USA staring him in the face...........And a SNAP program that DOES NOT ALLOW
you to buy $2 in TP..

I havee sought help for it. It took me 2 years to get simple $10 in pain pills...........yup AMERICA the GREAT!!!!
Got a CAT SCAN, but NO DR has LOOKED AT IT! ...........AMerica the GREAT!!!! (but they sure billed for ordering it)

The poor rest of the western world can provide the basics for thier citizens......Why cant USA with $2 B airplanes...and thats $2B EACH. ???????

Oh, this is just stupid.

How are 100,000 homeless people going to get their hands on guns and ammunition? Better yet... how are 100,000 homeless people going to get together in the same place and at the same time? It isn't like the homeless are "mobile", ya know! At best you might be able to organize a couple hundred from different shelters in the same city. But even then you face the prospects of having to arm these people because you know damn well they can't afford to arm themselves and if you DO manage to arm them, what makes you think they possess the motivation to execute the attack? Many of these people suffer from drug and alcohol addiction and they could easily pawn their newly acquired weapon for enough money to score a good buzz. Many of them surely will. So now your "army" of a couple hundred is down to about 50. 50 untrained soldiers with suspect motivation. Even for local law enforcement this would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

your thinking is out of date.

the homeless are now the ex-middle class. And as 1930 Germany needed, it was an EX-middle class to start revolution.

If they are so few, then why the violent oppression of the OWS movment? Looked to be more then 50 people.......

Ah, same old propoganda............"as best as possible" LMAO. Says the guy with 6 million empty homes in USA staring him in the face...........And a SNAP program that DOES NOT ALLOW
you to buy $2 in TP..

I havee sought help for it. It took me 2 years to get simple $10 in pain pills...........yup AMERICA the GREAT!!!!
Got a CAT SCAN, but NO DR has LOOKED AT IT! ...........AMerica the GREAT!!!! (but they sure billed for ordering it)

The poor rest of the western world can provide the basics for thier citizens......Why cant USA with $2 B airplanes...and thats $2B EACH. ???????

No matter if those house are 'empty' or not, they belong to someone, and without their permission, to live in them is trespassing. You'll find that true in any country in the world.

You claim homelessness, yet have yet to explain how you get on the internet.
You claim disability, yet have yet to explain what disability or why it requires 'pain pills'
Any ASSISTANCE program is exactly that... meant to supplement what you already purchase with your own money. You apparently haven't learned that concept.

Since you obviously aren't happy here, why don't you go to 'another wonderful perfect all giving' country where you may be appreciated for all you are worth?

No matter if those house are 'empty' or not, they belong to someone, and without their permission, to live in them is trespassing. You'll find that true in any country in the world.

You claim homelessness, yet have yet to explain how you get on the internet.
You claim disability, yet have yet to explain what disability or why it requires 'pain pills'
Any ASSISTANCE program is exactly that... meant to supplement what you already purchase with your own money. You apparently haven't learned that concept.

Since you obviously aren't happy here, why don't you go to 'another wonderful perfect all giving' country where you may be appreciated for all you are worth?

Lots of countries have squatter laws. And in the "free market" you keep yaping about, homes would follow "market forces" and be affordable.
Care to comment on that?

Have you heard of the medical privacy laws?

Assistance to those that cant work or Corps refuse to hire means nothing. you still have to get by.

How about you pay me too. you pay foreign criminals to take our jobs in USA..........

Investor visa for new Zealand is about $2 mil. Line up 20 million for those that want to leave..............

Lots of countries have squatter laws. And in the "free market" you keep yaping about, homes would follow "market forces" and be affordable.
Care to comment on that?

Have you heard of the medical privacy laws?

Assistance to those that cant work or Corps refuse to hire means nothing. you still have to get by.

How about you pay me too. you pay foreign criminals to take our jobs in USA..........

Investor visa for new Zealand is about $2 mil. Line up 20 million for those that want to leave..............

And we have 'squatter laws' here too, which unfortunately for you, do not benefit those who freely trespass and violate private property laws. Try again.

Residential property values DO follow the free market, however, they do not usually deflate past the value of the materials used to create them. Try again.

I know more about HIPPA that the average person, which has nothing to do with the person who actually divulges the information. Try again.

I don't pay anyone to take our jobs, quite the contrary, and if you bothered to even figure out who your responding to, I am very much an American Made consumer. Try again.

How about we just get you a one way plane ticket to the country of your choice, since you are so unhappy with America as it is, and have offered up nothing of substance to help fix it?

And we have 'squatter laws' here too, which unfortunately for you, do not benefit those who freely trespass and violate private property laws. Try again.

Residential property values DO follow the free market, however, they do not usually deflate past the value of the materials used to create them. Try again.

I know more about HIPPA that the average person, which has nothing to do with the person who actually divulges the information. Try again.

I don't pay anyone to take our jobs, quite the contrary, and if you bothered to even figure out who your responding to, I am very much an American Made consumer. Try again.

How about we just get you a one way plane ticket to the country of your choice, since you are so unhappy with America as it is, and have offered up nothing of substance to help fix it?

There is no poerperty ownership in USA, it is only short term rental from the Banks and City council leechees. As todays news proves.

Spouting lies and contradictions just like FAUX news all day................

if you know so much about HIPPA, then why do you ask?

Yes you do pay to take Americans jobs, if your not for the US CITIZEN, then your a GOP'er that is agianst us.

There is no poerperty ownership in USA, it is only short term rental from the Banks and City council leechees. As todays news proves.

Spouting lies and contradictions just like FAUX news all day................

if you know so much about HIPPA, then why do you ask?

Yes you do pay to take Americans jobs, if your not for the US CITIZEN, then your a GOP'er that is agianst us.

Make statements, with no links, no proof, just a whine of 'not fair' does not an intelligent debate make.

HIPPA is only applicable to second and third parties, not to the original source, and apparently you aren't aware of what HIPPA actually applies to.

I don't watch TV, listen to Fox news, CNN, MSNBC or any of those, so you're going to have to find something else to attempt to discredit a simple question which you have yet to answer.

If you are homeless and broke, how are you getting on the internet?

Ah, still far from the mark my entertaining friend..... I claim neither party, as neither has the best intentions of this nation at heart.

Make statements, with no links, no proof, just a whine of 'not fair' does not an intelligent debate make.

HIPPA is only applicable to second and third parties, not to the original source, and apparently you aren't aware of what HIPPA actually applies to.

I don't watch TV, listen to Fox news, CNN, MSNBC or any of those, so you're going to have to find something else to attempt to discredit a simple question which you have yet to answer.

If you are homeless and broke, how are you getting on the internet?

Ah, still far from the mark my entertaining friend..... I claim neither party, as neither has the best intentions of this nation at heart.

Proof is in the many book written about the CDO's and CDS's and the Goldman Sacks criminals, you can start with The BIG SHORT. a book.

I am on the net for $10 month via CRICKET................

This is fun. It's like we're all watching "Scrooge," and most of you are rooting for the guy who gets visited by the ghosts.

Lots of people have been saying that Obamacare will increase insurance rates for a very long time now. But Obamacare supporters pretty much ignored it or dismissed it as "right wing lies" or when they do acknowledge it they just blame it on CEO's and insurance companies just trying to make a profit at the expense of the poor.

What dont you get about the 2% or 4 to 8% MAX. on insurance payments for healthinsurance payments...............

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

And all the extra money comes from the Mega rich paying a .9% tax...............LMAO.............better than a gillotine any day..............

louis16-execution.jpg

Proof is in the many book written about the CDO's and CDS's and the Goldman Sacks criminals, you can start with The BIG SHORT. a book.

I am on the net for $10 month via CRICKET................

So, you prefer the internet to the pain pills you claim you need...... choices, we all make them.

What dont you get about the 2% or 4 to 8% MAX. on insurance payments for healthinsurance payments...............

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

And all the extra money comes from the Mega rich paying a .9% tax...............LMAO.............better than a gillotine any day..............

View attachment 67151047

According to that calculator my sister would have to pay 16.92% of her annual pay. Yeah...Good Job There!

FYI...she makes 32k/yr

OHHHH....so now it's "2 or 4 or 8" percent, instead of just the 2. I used your B.S. calculator, and despite barely covering bills and non-discretionary spending, it told me I'd pay SEVEN percent. Screw that. This is a scam that only benefits the ignorant cockroaches of society, in exchange for their votes.

Dance little monkey...your Imperial Government Master commands you.

And all the extra money comes from the Mega rich paying a .9% tax...............LMAO.............better than a gillotine any day....

Wealth envy...where the losers of society would rather punish the successful, because becoming what they are is "too hard."

So, you prefer the internet to the pain pills you claim you need...... choices, we all make them.

No no choice. I do not need to pay a dr $450 to be allowed to buy the internet for $10.
BUT I DO FOR DRUGS..........its called a script.

Nice try. The only blame is on your evil "prescription" system........that no one I know in the world has besides USA dump.........

According to that calculator my sister would have to pay 16.92% of her annual pay. Yeah...Good Job There!

FYI...she makes 32k/yr

Your reading the ENTIRE PREMIUM. She would only have to pay 4-8% of her pay for the ACTUAL premium.

single 35 no smoker -I put in .

$235 month she pays 8.8% of pay - 300% of poverty
$307 month total of the premium, rest paid by subsidy.

Its just amazing that the Yale GOP types cant read a simple law and operate a simple calculators..............

OHHHH....so now it's "2 or 4 or 8" percent, instead of just the 2. I used your B.S. calculator, and despite barely covering bills and non-discretionary spending, it told me I'd pay SEVEN percent. Screw that. This is a scam that only benefits the ignorant cockroaches of society, in exchange for their votes.

Dance little monkey...your Imperial Government Master commands you.

Wealth envy...where the losers of society would rather punish the successful, because becoming what they are is "too hard."

we dont want t o become you. we dont want what you have.

We want the basics of life and to be happy but you will not allow it.

We pity you for your vanity and ignorance. And will condem you for your violence in denying HC to the people.

You will finally realize this as you step onto the gillotine by that bull of yours..................

And yes you pay 7%, you are semi rich and think you matter to your masters that make $365 million per year........and laugh at you at the NYYC every day.....(snicker)

No no choice. I do not need to pay a dr $450 to be allowed to buy the internet for $10.
BUT I DO FOR DRUGS..........its called a script.

Nice try. The only blame is on your evil "prescription" system........that no one I know in the world has besides USA dump.........

I love how you call it 'mine'.... it gives the laugh for the day.

What is so 'evil' about requiring a doctor's review of a person's situation before certain substances are distributed to an individual?

So easy to make certain substances readily available to those who really don't 'need' them for a condition if there is no review.....

There is a huge canyon between those who need them to address a condition, and those who want them for an addiction.

we dont want t o become you. we dont want what you have.

We want the basics of life and to be happy but you will not allow it.

We pity you for your vanity and ignorance. And will condem you for your violence in denying HC to the people.

You will finally realize this as you step onto the gillotine by that bull of yours..................

And yes you pay 7%, you are semi rich and think you matter to your masters that make $365 million per year........and laugh at you at the NYYC every day.....(snicker)

If you want the 'basics of life to be happy', then go earn it, or at least a portion of it.

Your degree of 'gimme' is rather quite astounding.

Your reading the ENTIRE PREMIUM. She would only have to pay 4-8% of her pay for the ACTUAL premium.

single 35 no smoker -I put in .

$235 month she pays 8.8% of pay - 300% of poverty
$307 month total of the premium, rest paid by subsidy.

Its just amazing that the Yale GOP types cant read a simple law and operate a simple calculators..............

Directly copied...and she smokes...and she's 49 years old.

The information below is about subsidized exchange coverage. Note that subsidies are only available for people purchasing coverage on their own in the exchange (not through an employer). Depending on your state's eligibility criteria, you or some members of your family may qualify for Medicaid.

Household income in 2014: 279% of poverty level

Unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014:$7,723
$2,574 of which is due to a tobacco surcharge

Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:8.88%
(before accounting for the tobacco surcharge)

Amount you pay for the premium:$5,415 per year
(which equals 16.92% of your household income and covers 70% of the overall premium)

You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:$2,308
(which covers 30% of the overall premium)

First off you are assuming that a person will actually GET a subsidy. That is not a guaruntee and is the maximum amount you can get the minimum of course being 0. Not to mention it says for the 8.8% quote that that 8.8% is only IF you do not count for the tobacco surcharge. The subsidy is also dependent on your states eligibility requirements. And lastly even if you get that subsidy it only covers 30% of the over all premium.

Oh and FYI....1: I am not a part of the GOP. As you can see by my declared lean I don't belong to ANY party. 2: I never went to Yale. 3: Your post is a PRIME example of assuming. Do you know what happens when you "ASSume"?

Now what was that smart alex comment about Yale again?

One more thing...that calculator only examines Gross income. Not Net income. So when you consider the taxes that you pay through out the year plus having to pay that insurance and you're getting one HELL of a chunk taking out of your paychecks.

Last edited:
In California, it looks like competition
is working and the exchanges are going to come out with plans that AREN'T increasing rates 72%. What's wrong with Indiana's exchanges if this is true?

How long do you think those exchanges are going to last after the Fed stops kicking money in and the onus to pick up the new subsidies falls onto a State Govenrment that is struggling with 500 Billion in unfunded liabillities.

Whats going to happen to ObamaCare when healtht young adults cant afford the massive increase in cost of coverage and defer to the " penalty "?

What the hell is wrong with you people ?

Is it a virus ? A Brain eating amoeba ?

There is just no way possible ObamaCare is going to survive in it's current form. My gosh even the big unions don't like it. And wait till all the 20 somethings [who vote dem] find out they are going to pay the cost of insurance for the elderly. This will be a major issue in next years elections and I can see the Democrats running away from it like deer.

I currently live in Indiana and am thankful I get full coverage from the VA as a disabled vet.

from the link in the OP

“Indiana has not released any specific rates for the marketplace next year, and instead has averaged the rates across all the plans, which does not represent what any Hoosier will end up paying for coverage in 2014,” the HHS official said. “For those states for which the full data is available, consumers in the individual market can expect to pay, on average, 18 percent less than the projected average premium for the lowest cost silver plan.”

I love how you call it 'mine'.... it gives the laugh for the day.

What is so 'evil' about requiring a doctor's review of a person's situation before certain substances are distributed to an individual?

So easy to make certain substances readily available to those who really don't 'need' them for a condition if there is no review.....

There is a huge canyon between those who need them to address a condition, and those who want them for an addiction.

All lies to excuse extorsion. funny, Mexico has no prescriptions at all. And they have no addicts to Penicillin or other drugs.

Yet I can buy drugs for $10 in Mexico, and cant buy them at all in USA....................

Back
Top Bottom