• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

India lodges protest with Pakistan over Kashmir attack

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
India lodges protest with Pakistan over Kashmir attack | News | DW.DE | 06.08.2013

India has lodged a 'strong protest' with Pakistan over the killing of five soldiers in Kashmir. The attack close to the cease-fire line is threatening plans for fresh talks on the disputed Himalayan region.

India claims that five of its soldiers were killed when Pakistani troops fired at their post in Poonch, on Indian-controlled territory close to the “Line of Control.”
New Delhi told Pakistan's deputy envoy that they considered the Tuesday incident a “gross violation” of a cease-fire agreement from 2003.
"The ambush was carried out by approximately 20 heavily armed terrorists along with persons dressed in Pakistan Army uniforms," Indian Defense Minister A.K. Antony said in a statement to parliament.
Pakistan has denied any involvement and rejected claims that its soldiers may have crossed into Indian territory.

So just 3 days ago I started watching this series called The West Wing. I know it's a popular one, but considering I was in secondary school when the first season started I didn't care much for it back then. Anyway, in the first season there is this problem between India and Pakistan and maybe there's a threat of war and the USA has to cater a peace treaty, which it does with the help of the brits.

Now this is like a deja-vu. Prepare to get your supplies for nuclear winter ready. It's about to get hot and heavy if this situation isn't resolved quickly and peacefully. Tensions are higher now then they've been in decades and have only escalated since the start of the year. And all this over a spit of dirt.

Back
Top Bottom